Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 06:32 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,778,590 times

Advertisements

That was a little harsh. I took it down. I apologize.
Better to say I simply disagree. The link you posted is crazy to figure but I'm sure it's possible.

Last edited by Messing About; 06-26-2015 at 07:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 06:58 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
That real feel quote is a complete exaggeration. 100, sure. 116? Total crap.
MA, Wow, thanks. I'm not lying. It's the quote from Accuweather that I had yesterday. And I do take offense that you are calling me a liar. Here's tomorrow and it's going to be cooler. 91 and a real feel of 106, Tuesday 107 feel, Wed., 108, Thurs. 108 feel. I can't understand why people don't admit and confirm whats true and accurate.

Punta Gorda Daily Weather
for

• Follow us on
LoginEnglish (US), °F

1 - 5 of 45 days | All 45 daysNext 5 Days

• Tonight

Jun 26

Mainly clear and humidLo 74°

• Sat

Jun 27

A shower and t-storm around91°Lo 73°
    more

• Sun

Jun 28

Partly sunny with a t-storm92°Lo 74°
    more

• Mon

Jun 29

Partly sunny, a stray t-storm92°Lo 73°
    more

• Tue

Jun 30

Partly sunny93°Lo 73°
    more
Hi 91° RealFeel® 106°Precipitation 35%

Day

[CENTER]

N
E
S
W

• SW 8 mph
  • Gusts: 15 mph
[/CENTER]
Partly sunny

• Max UV Index: 11 (Extreme)
  • Thunderstorms: 60%
  • Precipitation: 0 in
  • Rain: 0 in
  • Snow: 0 in
  • Ice: 0 in
  • Hours of Precipitation: 0 hrs
  • Hours of Rain: 0 hrs
  • Entertaining Forecast >
Lo 74° RealFeel® 82°Precipitation 25%

Night

[CENTER]

N
E
S
W

• S 4 mph
  • Gusts: 9 mph
[/CENTER]
Mainly clear and humid

• Max UV Index: N/A
  • Thunderstorms: 24%
  • Precipitation: 0 in
  • Rain: 0 in
  • Snow: 0 in
  • Ice: 0 in
  • Hours of Precipitation: 0 hrs
  • Hours of Rain: 0 hrs
Temperature History - Jun 26

more Historical Weather Data >
TodayNormalRecord6/26/2014 High91°92°102° (2005)97°Low74°73°65° (1971)74°
Sunrise/Sunset

Rises at 6:36 AMwith 13:50of sunlight, then sets at 8:26 PM

Moonrise/Moonset

Astronomy >
Rises at 3:28 PMwith 11:37of moolight, then sets at 3:05 AM

.addthis_floating_style {padding:0;border-radius:0;-webkit-border-radius:0;}.addthis_32x32_style {width:32px;padding:4px;}.addthis_floating_style .at300b, .addthis_floating_style .at300bo, .addthis_floating_style .at300m {padding:0;margin:0;}.addthis_floating_style .at300b > *, .addthis_floating_style .at300bo > *, .addthis_floating_style .at300m > *, .addthis_floating_style.addthis_32x32_style a {margin-bottom:0;}.addthis_floating_style.addthis_32x32_st yle, .addthis_floating_style.addthis_32x32_style .addthis_internal_container {width:32px;}

Last edited by JERSEY MAN; 06-26-2015 at 08:27 PM..

Old 06-26-2015, 08:38 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
MA, I'm just posting what Accuweather is saying. I'm not fudging their numbers. Maybe they're wrong, don't know I'm not a meteorologist. People were asking how hot it is. Like I said, everyone is different handling the heat, for some it will not work. I don't want to see someone dump their lifes money into a home and say I didn't realize it was this hot. My advice to someone is to come down for 3 or 4 weeks in the summer and see if they can handle it.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:51 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,277,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
MA, I'm just posting what Accuweather is saying. I'm not fudging their numbers. Maybe they're wrong, don't know I'm not a meteorologist. People were asking how hot it is. Like I said, everyone is different handling the heat, for some it will not work. I don't want to see someone dump their lifes money into a home and say I didn't realize it was this hot. My advice to someone is to come down for 3 or 4 weeks in the summer and see if they can handle it.
We plan on coming down in the summer for a week to see if we can hack it. If we can't hack it, we don't want it to be too long. We also plan on visiting again in the winter for longer. We can afford to own two homes, so snowbirding is an option, although we would snowbird for 6 months plus 1 day so we don't have to pay the Minnesota income taxes during retirement, which would save us a lot of money. We would probably snowbird when we start retirement no matter where we select as the retirement location, since the transition is easier and we reduce the risk of making a mistake selling the property in Minnesota in case we don't like living elsewhere. The most important thing is to not be in Minnesota during the winters. In retirement, I only want to see snow on a national TV new story occurring elsewhere.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:29 AM

747 posts, read 1,012,097 times
That's our plan as well. We're thinking July or August.

Davephan: winter in PG is pretty much perfect. Then again, winter anywhere other than MN where you can wear a t-shirt during the day is pretty much perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
We plan on coming down in the summer for a week to see if we can hack it. If we can't hack it, we don't want it to be too long.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:29 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,444,863 times
We have a big High pressure system setting in the Gulf so we aren't getting the sea breezes like we normally do. Hotter than last year at this time. We went over to Flounders on Manasota Key,very nice cool breeze off the gulf. Got back home, felt 10 degrees hotter. Has something to do with that cold front pushing into the southeast. You look at the weather map, we really have a pocket of hot air (and I don't mean the CC Commissioners) setting on us right now. But it will pass.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:58 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,823,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Bobby I don't believe MA meant anything by that and I would not think he would mean to call you a liar. He feels like I do with the real feel that sometimes for whatever reason the numbers seemed fudged. I have been down there in 120 real feel and I think it is worse here in Jersey with the humidity. JMHO. And like you said everyone is different so the RF to one will not be the same to another. Now go have a beer with those hot girls you sent me a pic of yesterday

Old 06-27-2015, 08:28 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,631,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
Bobby I don't believe MA meant anything by that and I would not think he would mean to call you a liar. He feels like I do with the real feel that sometimes for whatever reason the numbers seemed fudged. I have been down there in 120 real feel and I think it is worse here in Jersey with the humidity. JMHO. And like you said everyone is different so the RF to one will not be the same to another. Now go have a beer with those hot girls you sent me a pic of yesterday

I agree I didn't take it that MA was attacking you Bobby and was also wondering where the weather forecasters get this from.

I lived in Dallas in 1980 when it was over 100° for 69 straight days, with the high of 113° and I have never felt heat like that. But perhaps the real feel was 135° LOL.

Oh yea and thank you for the picture.....you certainly seem to be enjoying the warm weather in New Jersey

Gary

Old 06-27-2015, 08:46 AM

13 posts, read 26,038 times
Default since we're on the weather topic...

I'm curious where the closest place is to CC to see snow in the winter. Anywhere drivable or is it a plane ride away? Here in Phoenix, it is convenient to just drive 2 hours north to Flagstaff to play in the snow.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:47 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,152,641 times
I also saw that 114/6 figure posted, I think it was for last Monday...it did see high but Monday was a killer

other days this week the humidity has added 10 degrees and the car has been saying 97/98 air temp...so definitely way over 105 in 'feels like'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte