Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 08:52 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,461,568 times

Advertisements

No specifics, but they say it is more "flexible". Uh, yeah, this is the same bunch that thought the Murdock land purchase was a good idea.

Have to check with Code Enforcement next week for details. Doesn't seem to be a lot of changes from the first law changes. People protested, CC went ahead with it anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 05:14 AM

7 posts, read 5,793 times
Angry Yup I'd also like to know rolled what thru???

I didn't see any notice of hearings anywhere and I do check their site for listings. More backdoor politics? Starting to feel like I live in old Chicago with the corrupt government that does what benefits them and not the people THEY are supposed to be working for. Seems to me that they (Commissioners) want some sort of a bedroom community?? There're running off all the jobs, imposing impossible fees for us on a fixed income, and driving home values down. Seeing a lot more unsavory types around close to my home looking for trouble and the crime rate is going up rapidly just blocks away! Hmmmm maybe time to get out before this place is worthless.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:11 AM

5,180 posts, read 4,966,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraNick View Post
I didn't see any notice of hearings anywhere and I do check their site for listings. More backdoor politics? Starting to feel like I live in old Chicago with the corrupt government that does what benefits them and not the people THEY are supposed to be working for. Seems to me that they (Commissioners) want some sort of a bedroom community?? There're running off all the jobs, imposing impossible fees for us on a fixed income, and driving home values down. Seeing a lot more unsavory types around close to my home looking for trouble and the crime rate is going up rapidly just blocks away! Hmmmm maybe time to get out before this place is worthless.
The local rulers have certainly learned from and are following the lead of the higher up politicians; they no longer represent the will of the people and simply do as they please. And somehow we keep re-electing them! As long as the masses are dumb enough to vote for name-recognition or because of "rock star" status there will be no change.
Impossible fees? You mean like $10,000 (and counting) for an un-needed sewer system? Neighborhood assessment fees for paving? The Murdock land purchase? They don't care! We are the cash cow and they are the rulers. They know that we are, for the most part, a retirement community and thus on fixed incomes. Again, they don't care. I was looking to install a storm door and stopped at the permits office where I was told I needed a $94 permit to install a $259 door. WTF??!!
Until the voters have decided that enough is enough, there will be no changes. And unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:11 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,637,925 times
One thing that I see is more restrictive is that you can't have a pickup rated over 1 ton parked in your driveway, also any truck with Dual wheels.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:28 AM

252 posts, read 389,406 times
I haven't voted for any of the Commissioners that are now in office and most people I know didn't either.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:11 PM

7 posts, read 5,793 times
Angry The New Rules

I found this cluster F**K on page 2 of this past Sundays Charlotte Sun. Basically they did what they wanted anyway and now we pay! Anybody want a 4/2 with a pool I'm leaving before I cannot unload this house!!

Old 08-03-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I found this cluster F**K on page 2 of this past Sundays Charlotte Sun. Basically they did what they wanted anyway and now we pay! Anybody want a 4/2 with a pool I'm leaving before I cannot unload this house!!
LMAO.........what are you so upset about....? What change did the make that effects you?

https://apps.charlottecountyfl.gov/N...1&ItemID=15239

https://apps.charlottecountyfl.gov/N...2&ItemID=15239

https://apps.charlottecountyfl.gov/N...8&ItemID=15239

Last edited by MartyGras; 08-03-2015 at 03:26 PM..

Old 08-03-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I didn't see any notice of hearings anywhere and I do check their site for listings.
I'm not sure where you are looking but here is a link to the County website, to the left are links to anything you would want to know regarding meetings and agendas.

The discussion on the new was continued for a month to the July 28 meeting. The presentations and the new law as I posted earlier reposted on July 9th

https://www.charlottecountyfl.gov/de...s/default.aspx

Gary

Old 08-04-2015, 06:59 AM

191 posts, read 300,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
Maybe he wants to park his tandem axle dump truck in front of his house . Seriously though, when I started reading all the hoopla in regard to the code revisions, I thought something other than the proposed revisions had gone through. I didn't see any surprises in the newly amended codes. Also, I think the newly written codes are less ambiguous than they were before. Really, nothing has changed except now the language is easier to understand.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:33 AM

One thing has changed. It appears that CobraNick is moving.

Gary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte