Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 02:46 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,136,620 times

Advertisements

This is inspired from another thread. Why do people get all upset when they are judged on the internet? Seriously, I see no reason to be upset especially if you are putting your business out there! Judging doesn't make one self-righteous, it makes one human. It's in our nature to judge, and quite frankly, if I get judged, then so be it. If a person doesn't want to be judged, he or she shouldn't put their business out there for anyone to see, you catch my drift?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 08:53 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,289,784 times
Oh yeh...I catch your drift!!...I can't answer your question though.....though I think it's silly to be offended if someone forms an opinion about you from what they've seen you put on the internet...I too believe it's to be expected.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:41 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,500 times
Because they dont have much lives outside of the internet.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:41 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,817,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
This is inspired from another thread. Why do people get all upset when they are judged on the internet? Seriously, I see no reason to be upset especially if you are putting your business out there! Judging doesn't make one self-righteous, it makes one human. It's in our nature to judge, and quite frankly, if I get judged, then so be it. If a person doesn't want to be judged, he or she shouldn't put their business out there for anyone to see, you catch my drift?
I don't. Only God can judge me.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:58 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,552,613 times
Only Katy Perry or a Municipal court judge can judge me.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:15 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,817,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
Only Katy Perry or a Municipal court judge can judge me.
Only the Jury can judge Casey.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:23 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
For a lot of people (not ALL people but I think a slight majority) this is pretty much their "social" life. Folks construct such "personality profiles" on here and want people to view them in such a certain way, that they get offended if someone says something or thinks of them as being other than what they want you to think.

You'll find this in the people who say "I am placing you on ignore..... blah blah blah". I'll NEVER put someone on ignore. If someone disagrees with me on a subject, Im fine with it because after all, we (or at least I am) are here to learn from others. Even if it is trivial insignificant little things like "would you get a boob tattoo and peircing?".

There have been many a people here who I have had heated disagreements with, and these are the same people who after the disagreement we both shared rep points on other issues.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:42 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,716,319 times
Drinking? PMS? Small d or T? Ugmos? Self haters? Abusive parents? Lack diversity and opinions in RL?

Old 08-02-2011, 01:47 PM

240 posts, read 420,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
Because they dont have much lives outside of the internet.

Exactly! They spend all their time on the computer, that they have nothing else to do but judge and pass rumors/gossip (which eventually happens when you judge too harshly) about other folks that you don't even know. How about, getting outside more often and you don't have to judge...

Or what I was brought up to do: IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT SOMEONE, THEN DON'T SAY NOTHING AT ALL...YOU SAY IT BEST WHEN YOU SAY NOTHING AT ALL...

Old 08-02-2011, 01:48 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
Quote:
Synchronicity strikes again!

I was just having this conversation this morning (in the real world) with a friend of mine. She likes to complain how people "Get all up in my (her) business!". Now, she's a FaceBook junkie and a very passionate person to boot. In my opinion she posts many, MANY personal things, emotional things, relationship things, that I'm not sure I'd have the guts to post.

You can imagine where this is going, huh?

I told her that "people wouldn't BE in your business if you didn't put your business OUT there" (we're the kind of friends who can say such things to each other and, at least on most occasions, not reach for a weapon ).

You know what the reply was?

A blank stare that lasted approximately three seconds. Followed by a seemingly flawless continuation of her previous rant.

... guess I should keep my day job, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology