Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is In-N-Out Burger Overrated?
YES! I have no idea what the fuss is about. 109 45.61%
NO! Their food is the best fast food in the land. 81 33.89%
A hare, but a hare only 49 20.50%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 03:27 PM

183 posts, read 861,767 times

Advertisements

In any decent size city there are always better local places for burgers.

In-N-Out - tried it once here in Las Vegas near UNLV - unimpressed.

::
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 03:35 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,784,035 times
IN N OUT is the greatest. I love their burgers.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:41 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,697,858 times
i don't want to take this thread too off course, but how do they compare with fuddrucker's, for instance?

i've never been to an I-N-O but have had fuddruckers. truth be told i'm not a huge burger fan, but do think fudd's is head and shoulders above mcd's, bk and wendy's for instance.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:49 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,886,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i don't want to take this thread too off course, but how do they compare with fuddrucker's, for instance?

i've never been to an I-N-O but have had fuddruckers. truth be told i'm not a huge burger fan, but do think fudd's is head and shoulders above mcd's, bk and wendy's for instance.
They are not even close. It would take 3 In-N-Out burgers to even begin to make 1 Fuddruckers burger. The bread at Fuddruckers is also made onsite but is still totally different than In-N-Out. Fuddruckers has MANY options avail for garnishment whereas In-N-Out is pretty basic. Well, they do have the special sauce that is kinda like Thousand Island. Their fries are good and much better than Fuddruckers. Fuddruckers is more of a order at the counter and sit down type place. In-N-Out is a VERY SMALL fast food place w/ a drive thru and a small seating area indoors and outdoors.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:56 PM

307 posts, read 1,397,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oc2eire View Post
In-N-Out rocks, anyone who hates them can go to hell!
Right... because not liking a burger joint justifies going to hell. Typical.

I do not get what is the hype with In n' Out sure.. better quality. But the burgers are kind of "bland" they taste good, but I do not notice a difference in taste from other burger joints AT ALL.

I guess it is a "Cool" thing, cuz in California they are every where. So other states want to be with the "Hype"

I prefer Macdonalds more.

I think Macdonalds have the best french fries in the world!! lol

Old 01-25-2008, 04:01 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,398,794 times
I thought it was pretty good, but a hare overrated. Ive been to the one in Scottsdale (Tatum) several times and liked it. I still think BK is better though.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:03 PM

167 posts, read 214,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliy Plashik View Post
Right... because not liking a burger joint justifies going to hell. Typical.

I do not get what is the hype with In n' Out sure.. better quality. But the burgers are kind of "bland" they taste good, but I do not notice a difference in taste from other burger joints AT ALL.

I guess it is a "Cool" thing, cuz in California they are every where. So other states want to be with the "Hype"

At least In-N-Out doesn't have nay trans fats in their fries.
And they don't call him "Ronald McGoddamnDonald" for no reason.
I'll miss In-N-Out when I move to Ireland

Old 01-25-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliy Plashik View Post

I agree about McDonalds' fries being the best chain fries and all, but youre not even spelling the name of the restaurant right. Sinner!!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 04:06 PM

Thumbs down boooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc2eire View Post
At least In-N-Out doesn't have nay trans fats in their fries.
And they don't call him "Ronald McGoddamnDonald" for no reason.
I'll miss In-N-Out when I move to Ireland
Chill out with your cursing, will ya? Sheesh.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:12 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Great question, EnjoyEP! IMO, no, In-N-Out burgers are about as good as their reputation holds. They blow away McD's, Burger King, Gag in the Box, Wendy's, Carl Jr's hands down. The ingredients they use and the ground beef they use are a much higher quality than most fast food. The buns are lightly toasted and the onions are grilled so the burger tastes slightly crispy-- instead of soggy like most fast food. The burgers are a little small IMO, but the price is very reasonable-- under $4.00 for a burger, fry and drink at the one in Tempe, AZ! My only complaint is with their fries. They do cut up fresh potatoes for the fries, a good thing, but they are too thin and too "airy." If in-n-out could switch to big steak fries, it would be perfect! Also, because in-n-out is so popular here, the lines are out the door half the time. The chain continues to expand-- now they have opened up in Tucson.

IMO, Whataburger (based in TX, but they have a couple here in the Phoenix area) is pretty good too, almost at the same level as IN-n-out. Whataburgers are bigger, so one burger can actually fill you up, unlike In-n-out, where you really need 1 1/2. Another good regional chain is called GoodTimes, based in Colorado. IMO, GoodTimes is on par with in-n-out.
The first time I heard a commercial for Whataburger, I thought they were saying, "Water Burger" yuck. Shortly there after, Whataburger was on the evening news as someone was shot in one of their stores. Double yuck Needless to say, I've never tasted a Whataburger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews