Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is In-N-Out Burger Overrated?
YES! I have no idea what the fuss is about. 109 45.61%
NO! Their food is the best fast food in the land. 81 33.89%
A hare, but a hare only 49 20.50%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 02:34 PM

266 posts, read 1,333,929 times

Advertisements

Re: Five Guys - Looks AWESOME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 06:15 PM

456 posts, read 1,577,286 times
IN-N OUT is THAT GOOD. I crave it constantly. IMO the best burger I've had.

I tried Good Times here in Denver and was unimpressed.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:24 PM

197 posts, read 261,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tande1n5 View Post
It's all about the hype that makes people feel let down... the first time I went to Texas, I was dying to eat at Whataburger, and sure enough, I walked out saying "okay?"

... I love in-n-out though. Primarily for the freshness, you can actually taste the produce.
I <3 Whataburger!

Old 02-01-2008, 06:28 PM

132 posts, read 596,693 times
What's interesting is that these people talk and skwalk about the "HYPE". I living here in L.A. am unaware of this hype you speak of. What is the deal with this? I just know that In 'n Out is a great burger maker. And then you say "It doesn't live up to the HYPE. What the hell are you talking about? Is there people in your states that Hype In'nOut?: is this there hobby, to overly-hype burger chains in other states?.
Do people follow you out of McDonald's or Burger King, and say, Jeees, you guys don't get to try In'nOut in California, but it is soooo much better than this.
What is this HYPE crap, or is it just another form of Jealousy bashing on California? Hmmmmmm interesting, these secret California/In 'N Out secret agents, over Hypeing it to the "less fortunate states".
Get Real
The state of California has sent it's commy agents out to convince you that In'N Out is great and you should protest thru various internet forums. Middle and East Coast America SHALL NOT BOW TO THIS CALIFORNIA HYPE ANYLONGER! CALIFORNIA, YOU HAVE MET YOUR MATCH AND IT IS........Chick Filet OH god no........

Last edited by LAPalms; 02-01-2008 at 06:38 PM..

Old 02-01-2008, 09:22 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,052,389 times
It's more brand loyalty than anything else. It's a lot like Starbuck's. Starbuck's coffee is actually very bad. They no longer really pull shots to make real espresso (the machines do everything for the "barista's") and the drip coffee and espresso is burnt tasting. The milk they use is low-end and the coffee isn't triple-cert. Yet - people are stuck on it because everyone has been infected with the green virus. It's a familiar brand that everyone feels safe with, even though it's chock-full of pesticides and the milk laden with hormones. Don't even get me started on GMO.

In'N'Out is decent, it's a definite step-up from most of the fast food places out there, but it's no better than any of us could make for ourselves at home. It's the brand loyalty that brings people back again and again. Somehow it makes us feel safe when we become familiar with a brand name. Think of how many "go-to" brand names we mindlessly spend our money at daily or weekly, when we could save money if we were to open our minds a little more and either make the things ourselves or source our goods from a more ethical local source? All shopping centers and malls in America look almost exactly the same - same stores, anyway - and there's a reason for that. Very few of us are mentally equipped to think outside those name brand boxes...

Old 02-01-2008, 10:32 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,208,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPalms View Post
The state of California has sent it's commy agents out to convince you that In'N Out is great and you should protest thru various internet forums. Middle and East Coast America SHALL NOT BOW TO THIS CALIFORNIA HYPE ANYLONGER! CALIFORNIA, YOU HAVE MET YOUR MATCH AND IT IS........Chick Filet OH god no........
Watch out! The people here might consider you crazy and ignore you for being colorful.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:08 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,208,829 times
What's that that Taylor Swift is eating on page 41 of the current NY magazine Entertainment Weekly?

Old 02-02-2008, 06:01 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPalms View Post
What's interesting is that these people talk and skwalk about the "HYPE". I living here in L.A. am unaware of this hype you speak of. What is the deal with this? I just know that In 'n Out is a great burger maker. And then you say "It doesn't live up to the HYPE. What the hell are you talking about? Is there people in your states that Hype In'nOut?: is this there hobby, to overly-hype burger chains in other states?.
Do people follow you out of McDonald's or Burger King, and say, Jeees, you guys don't get to try In'nOut in California, but it is soooo much better than this.
What is this HYPE crap, or is it just another form of Jealousy bashing on California? Hmmmmmm interesting, these secret California/In 'N Out secret agents, over Hypeing it to the "less fortunate states".
Get Real
Oh brother

Old 02-02-2008, 06:29 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,241,822 times
I ate at an In-And-Out Burger for the first time this past July (in southern California, somewhere between Ontario and San Bernardino) and I thought the food was good but nothing spectacular. Actually, the place I wish they had back east is Jack In the Box (or as my uncle who lives in southern Nevada and has lived in the southwestern U.S. since 1981 calls it, Gag In The Bag). Call me nuts, but I like their angus burgers and tacos (!).

BTW, I make fun of In-And-Out Burger's name by often calling it Left-And-Right Burger or Up-And-Down Burger.

Totally unrelated, but I wish they had Bojangles Chicken all over the country, rather than primarily North Carolina and nearby states. It would provide a nice contrast and different option than Popeye's Chicken, which I also love.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:21 PM

132 posts, read 596,693 times
Unfortunetly, Milque and K-Luv, I am Crazy.
The bottom line is this small chain makes great burgers fries, and shakes. The poll is skewed because if you vote to like them then they are the best food in the world. Can anybody seriously bite into a double-double and look at someone with a straight face and say, "gee, this really sucks". IOfd course not. (Great, my delete boutton broke!) Now I look even more stupid than I usually do!
Another person mentioned Steak and Shake. This small chain, based in Ohio, is also A GREAT BURGER MAKER. And they not only have shakes, but theyt have Malts, A MAJOR PLUS!
You see, there is a mystique. If it isn't availble, it is interesting and popular. When I moved to FL 200 years ago, Coors beer was only sold in the west. There was this mystique about this beer and whenever someone had Coors it was a big deal. It is at the most, average American beer, but elevated in stature because of lack of availability. Same with cahin foods like the great E;l Pollo Loco in certain areas unavailble and In-n-Out. In California, we don't have White Castle and it enjoys that mistique popularity level, because we cant get it. I would kill for a White Castle near here, and I imagine the novelty would wear off soon.
You might all be pleased to know there is an In-n-Out not 4 blocks from the entrance to LAX, the taxi will surely know where it is.ni
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews