Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 11:22 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,549,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
The upside? if you like the outdoors, hiking, skiing, cycling its great but you will do all these things while getting rained on.
That's funny. I swear I have tons of pictures proving I did all those activities plenty of times within an hour of Portland during my 10 years here and it wasn't raining and was sunny out. Like this weekend for example.

Hey, it's not raining right now--what's going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 11:36 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,359,091 times
It does not rain all the time in Oregon. When I lived in Tennessee I was sure it rained harder and more often than Oregon. In Inches few places will beat Oregon or anyplace in the Pacific Northwest. Most people from elsewhere are overwhelmed by the drizzle more than the downpour. There are a lot of sunny days, but you will have more wet days than dry in the Western Half of the Pacific Northwest.

And it is raining right now.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
And it is raining right now.
Must be different weather down in Dallas right now. It's still dry outside where I'm at in NE Portland.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:12 PM

254 posts, read 443,190 times
It's 72 and partly cloudy in Orange County, CA right now. We're visiting next week and I keep checking the weather report and the two really aren't THAT far off. Until yesterday, it was slated to be 63 and rainy Easter Sunday here.

Although, it looks like you guys are planning on raining on us quite a lot towards the end of next week and into the weekend. At least I'll get a more authentic experience and know what I'm in for next year.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sondeera View Post
It's 72 and partly cloudy in Orange County, CA right now. We're visiting next week and I keep checking the weather report and the two really aren't THAT far off. Until yesterday, it was slated to be 63 and rainy Easter Sunday here.

Although, it looks like you guys are planning on raining on us quite a lot towards the end of next week and into the weekend. At least I'll get a more authentic experience and know what I'm in for next year.
Heh, I'll actually be in LA and Orange County(Laguna Beach/Dana Point) next week, so I've been watching your weather down there... I'm happy with 70s and partly cloudy at this point in the year, so it sounds good to me... I love warm weather, but anything around 80 and clear at this point in the year just seems like a cruel tease, since the really good summer weather isn't usually until June/July in Oregon and while it can get nice in the Spring here, it's sort of a mixed bag.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:21 PM

254 posts, read 443,190 times
Oh, how funny! We're trading places, so to speak. Hopefully it will be nice for you down here. We're all over the place this time of year. It could be 60 and rainy, it could be 85 and beach-worthy. We need big closets. Either way, it looks like you'll be heading up on the thermometer.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:53 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,359,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Must be different weather down in Dallas right now. It's still dry outside where I'm at in NE Portland.
Sun came out, weather is great. Just came back from a bike ride with my Baby Brother.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:33 PM

16 posts, read 30,258 times
Seattle Doesn’t Get That Much Rain, compared with other major US cities. They have more days with precipitation and 9 months of overcast skies, though. This applies to any major burg in the western PNW. Article also explains how the Space Needle isn't the largest building in Seattle either, contrary to what you may have thought from watching movies/TV shows.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:26 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,545,534 times
It has barely rained at all this winter. The East Coast had weather that was much worse.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:40 AM

638 posts, read 1,179,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoise1 View Post
It has barely rained at all this winter. The East Coast had weather that was much worse.
I mowed yesterday and was shocked at how dry the ground was. Last year at this time it was very squishy for about the first month of mowing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland