Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2010, 07:35 PM

58 posts, read 124,316 times

Advertisements

I've gone through some of the threads here about apartments. Most focus on finding apartments within very limited budgets etc. I'm wondering if anyone has had any good experience with apartments in Beaverton that are relatively new with nice views, stainless steel appliances and good walking areas nearby and easy access to public transit. Most of the apartments on apartments.com in Beaverton are much older and look somewhat run down.

I'm looking for 2 bedroom/2 bath and wondering if $1000/month in my budget is adequate for what I'm looking for? If not, what areas should I be looking in and what should my budget be?

When searching online, should I be suspicious of apartments that only post outdoor photos of their properties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 08:39 PM

682 posts, read 2,423,850 times
Apartment photos are always dressed up for the bigger sites like apartments.com or forrent.com. So I wouldn't necessarily avoid or go for something strictly on the basis of a photo.

I don't know that the stainless steel fad hit in time for some of the newer builds, and certainly not for anything over 10 years old. While that's common in houses, I haven't seen it so much in apartments. It's hard to say if $1000 will get you that, because it really depends on the specific complex. Generally, you should be able to get a nice apartment with $1000.

What part of Beaverton are you looking for (east, west, north, south)? Are you more interested in what's near the apartment, or what's in the apartment? Are you going to try to be fairly dependent on public transportation?

Some areas you might look at are Cedar Hills, Murrayhill, Oak Hills, Cedar Mill between 185th and 158th.

Another site to look at is padmapper.com, and hotpads.com

Old 06-12-2010, 08:35 AM

58 posts, read 124,316 times
You're right, the pictures are usually all dressed up. I'm actually not picky on where in Beaverton I live....I just need it to be a nice area with a younger population (preferably in 20s and 30s) and with cultural diversity.

I'm interested in both what's in the apartment and around it. For example, I'd like there to be washers and dryers in each unit and the apartment should have a nice fitness facility and at the same time it should have nice views and be accessible to public transportation. Although we do have a car, we'd like to avoid using it if possible.

I will be working in Tigard, so I'm open to that area as well. Thanks once again.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:17 PM

10 posts, read 30,685 times
I just moved her about 2.5 weeks ago and I live by five oaks and the area here is very pretty and clean. There are a bunch of new apt around me but I have no idea on the prices but I can say the the max is pretty close to a lot of them, I did notice the apt that seemed to be right by the max where a little lower in income looking but by no means anything hood like. Around us the population is alot of Indian folk but it so far is a pretty cool place.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,119 times
@rx81
Any luck finding a good apartment in Beaverton? I'm going to move to the burbs from downtown pretty soon and I'm currently looking for exactly the kind of apartments tht u described.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:35 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,443,694 times
There are several areas with apartments in Beaverton.

185th, technically not Beaverton for much of it's length, has a ton of Apartments along it.

Along the entire length of Farmington are pockets. Along Electric Ave behind Cedar Hills Mall, is another group. Stay away from the apartments on the east side of the mall and just north Hall. That is the highest crime concentration in Beaverton. Mostly domestic abuse and petty theft, but still.

There are a couple of areas north of Highway 26, but they tend to be on the expensive side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland