Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2007, 11:08 PM

2 posts, read 315 times

Advertisements

Any day now, the Bush-Cheney Administration could sanction the largest massacre of wolves to occur in the lower 48 states in decades. Governments in Idaho and Wyoming are preparing to make it happen. If you’ve never donated before, now is the time to make a difference! Make an emergency donation to stop the slaughter today!
I want to help stop the slaughter of hundreds of wolves in the Northern Rockies.
Please accept my contribution of:
$35
$50
$100
$250
Other
Help us reach our goal of raising $50,000 in the next 72 hours:
Forward this message to at least 5 others who care about wildlife.

Things aren’t looking good for Northern Rockies wolves.

At a Boise rally of anti-wolf zealots, Idaho Governor “Butch” Otter told the crowd, "I'm prepared to bid for that first ticket to shoot a wolf myself." He then endorsed a plan to kill 54 of the state’s 65 packs -- over 80 percent of the state’s wolves.

In Wyoming, the state legislature is moving forward with a bill to “aggressively manage” their wolf populations by killing up to 66% of wolves in their state outside national park boundaries.

We need your help to stop them. Please support our work with your emergency gift of $35, $50, $100 or another amount.

Any day now, the Bush-Cheney Administration could sanction the largest massacre of wolves to occur in the lower 48 states in decades. And in Wyoming and Idaho, state governments are preparing plans to make it happen.

These irresponsible proposals could even lead to the killing of Yellowstone wolves. As individuals and packs cross park boundaries, they would find themselves directly in the line of fire.

Defenders of Wildlife is working hard on the ground, fighting against what would be the most significant setback in wolf recovery in decades.

We’ve already mobilized more than 47,000 activists to urge the Fish & Wildlife Service to keep protections for wolves in place. Northern Rockies Representative Suzanne Stone has given dozens of media interviews and is coordinating with state and local conservation groups, ranchers and sportsmen to stop these misguided plans.

And that’s not all we’re doing. We’re rallying our activists on the ground, launching public education campaigns and are preparing for legal action to ensure protection for Western wolves.

But we’re going to need your help. Your tax-deductible emergency donation will help prevent a Northern Rockies wolf slaughter.

The future of our wolves depends on you.

Sincerely,

Rodger Schlickeisen
President
Defenders of Wildlife

P.S. Your online donation makes an immediate impact. You can also make a contribution over the phone by calling 1-800-385-9712.

Defenders Home | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Donate Now

© Copyright 2007, Defenders of Wildlife
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 10:20 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,197,789 times
I am sorry for your anger but, if you lived in the Rockies like I do you would understand the threat that our ranchers and citizens are under. They have done nothing to control the breeding. When they introduced the wolf into my area we had 4 different herds of elk we are lucky now to see one herd. When we go up on the mountain we always find deer or elk that have been killed but, not eaten.

We started with 2 wolves and now have 5 packs up the mountain. When alerting fish and game about the dangers of walking your dog in the woods which, are just a 1/2 mile from my house they advised me not too take my dogs. They are not far from my backyard if they really want to come in. I live in the woods and know I live with some danger and most wolves will not come by them selves but, packs are different.

Ranchers lively hoods depend on their cattle the wolves are killing cattle and ranchers are loosing money. Two ranchers were out herding and they had 4 wolves come in on their herd. One guy lost 4 fully trained cattle dogs to 4 wolves and almost lost their lives trying to get their horses out of the situation.

When they introduced the wolf they should have had a plan for controlling the breeding. Everyone is so, worried about an animal that alone isn't harmful but, in a pack they become quit dangerous and entering the woods is becoming more dangerous then, ever.

We had an incident that happened about 2 hours from here 2 guys on four wheelers were sitting up their hunting camp and a pack of wolves came in and attacked their dogs one dog ran, they were able to get one on the four wheeler and tried riding out and the wolves were chasing the four wheelers.
The two men said "they had never experienced anything like that in their 25 years in the woods". They went back the next day to find their dog the wolves had killed it and left his head and spinal cord. The picture was in the paper along with the story.

To kill them probably isn't right for animal activist but, human safety is important and all they have too do is neuter some of the males and use control hunt if it gets out of hand. California has it's problems with mountain lions because, everyone wants to protect them instead of finding a solution so, we can go into the woods and enjoy them along with other wildlife they are a threat to cattle,deer & elk.
When you have one dominate animal in the woods and no predator the animal tends to run the woods.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:25 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,618,816 times
Thumbs down Spam, Spam, Spammety Spam Spam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowznthedark View Post
Any day now, the Bush-Cheney Administration could sanction the largest massacre of wolves to occur in the lower 48 states in decades. Governments in Idaho and Wyoming are preparing to make it happen. If you’ve never donated before, now is the time to make a difference! Make an emergency donation to stop the slaughter today!
I want to help stop the slaughter of hundreds of wolves in the Northern Rockies.
Please accept my contribution of:
$35
$50
$100
$250
Other
Help us reach our goal of raising $50,000 in the next 72 hours:
Forward this message to at least 5 others who care about wildlife.

Things aren’t looking good for Northern Rockies wolves.

At a Boise rally of anti-wolf zealots, Idaho Governor “Butch” Otter told the crowd, "I'm prepared to bid for that first ticket to shoot a wolf myself." He then endorsed a plan to kill 54 of the state’s 65 packs -- over 80 percent of the state’s wolves.

In Wyoming, the state legislature is moving forward with a bill to “aggressively manage” their wolf populations by killing up to 66% of wolves in their state outside national park boundaries.

We need your help to stop them. Please support our work with your emergency gift of $35, $50, $100 or another amount.

Any day now, the Bush-Cheney Administration could sanction the largest massacre of wolves to occur in the lower 48 states in decades. And in Wyoming and Idaho, state governments are preparing plans to make it happen.

These irresponsible proposals could even lead to the killing of Yellowstone wolves. As individuals and packs cross park boundaries, they would find themselves directly in the line of fire.

Defenders of Wildlife is working hard on the ground, fighting against what would be the most significant setback in wolf recovery in decades.

We’ve already mobilized more than 47,000 activists to urge the Fish & Wildlife Service to keep protections for wolves in place. Northern Rockies Representative Suzanne Stone has given dozens of media interviews and is coordinating with state and local conservation groups, ranchers and sportsmen to stop these misguided plans.

And that’s not all we’re doing. We’re rallying our activists on the ground, launching public education campaigns and are preparing for legal action to ensure protection for Western wolves.

But we’re going to need your help. Your tax-deductible emergency donation will help prevent a Northern Rockies wolf slaughter.

The future of our wolves depends on you.

Sincerely,

Rodger Schlickeisen
President
Defenders of Wildlife

P.S. Your online donation makes an immediate impact. You can also make a contribution over the phone by calling 1-800-385-9712.

Defenders Home | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Donate Now

© Copyright 2007, Defenders of Wildlife
Good cause or not (and personally I'd donate a box of bullets), this is SPAM.

SPAM, SPAM, SPAMMETY SPAM SPAM!

Post reported.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:34 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,197,789 times
YapCity, I understand the report but, will they delete this? It would be nice if people would realize why we want control we are not just mean people in the Rockies bunch of rednecks trying to get rid of a beautiful animal. People need to realize how dangerous and what they are doing to the ranchers who make a living putting beef on the table.

I guess if your a vegetarian you could care less. But, they are also killing the deer & elk whose out protecting them from distinction!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies