Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:40 AM

7,313 posts, read 4,666,130 times

Advertisements

He needs also to make it illegal for other countries to purchase any part of the USA and make is so they have to sell what they have within 2 years.

Ban tick tok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:40 AM

23,507 posts, read 29,453,869 times
Since Trump didn't drain any swamps in his 1st 4 years, maybe he'll drain a swamp this time. But he's knows better than to question the Military, and the Fat in the Military, or question why we need so many bases in the world.

OK, so Trump knows better to drain even a drop of water out of the military budget, but maybe he can make good on his promises, next time, to attack Big Pharma.

Inflation? Find a President yet that was able to control inflation! Ask Nixon, ask Carter, ask Ford, when inflation raged thru the 1970's. What did they, or could they, do anything about it?

Old Today, 06:48 AM

14,240 posts, read 5,804,784 times
Honestly, I expect him to act like Clinton during his 2nd term, but I expect a shrieking, hysterical, apocalyptic response, from the entire Left, to his every spoken or written word for the entire four years. Endless calls for impeachment, vague allusions to procedural coups d'etat, frantic stump speeches during what promises to be an utterly absurd 2026 midterm season, and the ratings of CNN, MSNBC et al to go back up as they can return to a 24/7/365 bash Trump cycle.

For Trump himself? Pretty boilerplate 2nd term of maybe one notable accomplishment and maybe a few smaller ones? All of which depends entirely upon who controls the majorities in the House and Senate.

Old Today, 06:52 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,163,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
How have Democrat policies benefited the “can’t afford the price of eggs” class, especially when Democrat policy drives up the cost of living? Between climate rules, EPA mandates, out of control spending that has only exacerbated inflation, etc etc, I don’t think you can say that Democrat policy benefits this particular economic class of people.

I care about policy and I care about our country, which is why I don’t vote for Democrats.
^^^ what he said!!

As for the people who claim that they will be leaving the country or traveling outside of the country for the next four years if Trump is re-elected… I hope they do since these are the people that clearly support all of Biden’s failed policies, which is hurting the Working Class the most. And these are the same people that will continue to support the derailing of our democracy with all the proven lies the Left can make up.

Sadly, in the end, these people will not leave the country since they want to destroy any chance of restoring any level of balance here, at home or overseas to prevent Biden’s wars from spreading. It’s sad when it’s the Left that wants a major war, but they are not willing to fight once “their” real war kicks off and the body bags are being returned back home.

Another reason why nobody with any common sense should ever listen to a liberal.

Old Today, 06:58 AM

276 posts, read 299,392 times
Fed is completely biased!

A DT win would mean fed actually raises rates to combat inflation.

Fed has been protecting Biden. Doing as little as possible.

DT will be blamed for high rates!

Old Today, 07:00 AM

9,550 posts, read 14,529,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You're only used to wars because Obama/Biden got us involved in new wars in Syria, Libya, and Yemen, now Biden/Harris in Ukraine. The Democrat party: The party of war
About half true.

From the perspective of military business ventures abroad for the profit of a few, the Obama administration was a continuation and expansion of the Bush Jr administration.

On a related note, the Obama administration made permanent almost all the Bush administration tax brackets and tax rates which were supposed to have been temporary.

The Obama administration also increased the estate tax exemption by as much as ten-fold.

We could also talk about illegal immigration, foreign investment and trade policy, etc.

When it comes to substantial policies, there is almost no distinction between the Bush Jr/ Obama administration.

The Trump administration tried to slow down, even reverse, some of those policies and got raked over the coals for it from day one by both sides, really one side.

Good Luck!

Old Today, 07:11 AM

7,198 posts, read 9,660,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Honestly, I expect him to act like Clinton during his 2nd term, but I expect a shrieking, hysterical, apocalyptic response, from the entire Left, to his every spoken or written word for the entire four years. Endless calls for impeachment, vague allusions to procedural coups d'etat, frantic stump speeches during what promises to be an utterly absurd 2026 midterm season, and the ratings of CNN, MSNBC et al to go back up as they can return to a 24/7/365 bash Trump cycle.

For Trump himself? Pretty boilerplate 2nd term of maybe one notable accomplishment and maybe a few smaller ones? All of which depends entirely upon who controls the majorities in the House and Senate.
This is what I think as well. As much as I’d love to see him “drain the swamp,” build the wall, deport people in this country illegally, reduce the size of government, etc, we already know there are limits on what he, personally, can do without congress. While I’d love to see the above, I’m not expecting it. But I am expecting better leadership than the “adults in the room” we’ve had over the past ~3.5 years and it will be nice to have an administration in place that actually loves this country and prioritizes US citizens.

Old Today, 07:29 AM

11,275 posts, read 10,842,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Anyone who thinks Trump can stop the wars in Gaza and Ukraine are delusional. How about he focus on childcare costs, the homeless and our vets.
Sorry for the "but Biden," but seriously? Biden's* administration has tossed homeless people and vets out on the street in order to make room for illegals.

Old Today, 07:29 AM

6,147 posts, read 2,345,361 times
Not much. An executive order here or there. Perhaps a tax cut that won't do much for anyone under 7 figure income. And a bunch of noise that amounts to little.

We will get executive orders on the border, will sound good on paper but will not affect immigration or border policy without Congress passing something and that ship may have sailed. So that means more Yo-Yo policy at the border, this month we restrict, next month it's open. News executive order closes it, it ends or the Supreme court tosses it and border opens. On and on until Congress acts which may not happen at all.

We don't have 0% interest rates and 4 years of positive growth like we had in 2016 so the economy that people remember prior to COVID cannot exist with our current interest rates and inflation even if you were to flatten inflation completely.

Ukraine will stop if you give Putin what he wants, we don't know what that will be and we don't know if Trump will accept it or how the American people will view it, would require a time machine to know that.

I don't see Israel changing much with Trump in office, he likes Bibi just as much as Biden so I would expect the US to continue supplying weapons and may encourage broadening the conflict out

It's hard to tell because Trump never gives a straight answer on what he is thinking, he's always hedging without being clear.

That is about it. I feel like this is a placeholder election and we are sort of spinning out wheels with two options that are lackluster. I don't feel like the second time around for either candidate will lead to anything other than stagnation for 4 years.

Old Today, 07:50 AM

27,855 posts, read 14,057,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post

If we’re lucky, bring down the intensity of the US/NATO-Russia Borderlands War a notch or two, if very lucky settle it.
In terms of Foreign and Security policy, Trump's plans are emerging, and they seem to involve "a ‘radical reorientation’ in which Washington takes a back seat to Europe — and cuts a deal with Putin over Ukraine".

There could be a two tier NATO, where those that don't meet the 2%, would not enjoy the same level of cooperation and security guarantee in relation to United States support, however this might be seen as a move away from the initial historic concept related to NATO's Article 5, which was always seen as the cornerstone of the alliance. Then again most NATO countries are increasingly meeting and exceeding the 2% GDP level, so this might not in reality be a massive issue, and I am sure under such circumstances all NATO nations would try to meet the 2% even more quickly.

According to Trump officials, the U.S. would keep its nuclear umbrella over Europe during a second Trump term by maintaining its airpower and key bases in Germany Italy, the UK and Turkey, and its key naval bases and forces in Europe. However the bulk of infantry, armour, logistics and artillery would ultimately pass from being an American role to European one, with Trump concentrating on the US border and any possible threat in the Far East from China.

As for China in the past Trump has openly stated that he would not defend Taiwan from China, but this is actually in line with traditional US policy which is to support Taiwan but to not become directly involved in a military conflict with China, something Biden seems at times to forget.

It should be noted that in response European nations such as the UK under a new Labour Government are going to pivot their foreign policy back towards Europe, and are looking at more European collaboration in terms of foreign policy, defence and security including a new European defence and security pact.

There would also likely to do a deal with Russia, whereby US led NATO commits to no further eastward expansion — specifically into Ukraine and Georgia — and negotiates with Russian President Vladimir Putin over how much Ukrainian territory Moscow can keep, and this is according to Trump-aligned national security experts.

In reality NATO would survive under Trump but it would be radically different, with the US keeping key strategic air, naval and intelligence assets in Europe but with Europeans having to increasingly take responsible for their own defences, especially in relation to land forces.

Trump’s Plan for NATO Is Emerging - POLITICO (July 2024)

Last edited by Brave New World; Today at 08:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies