Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:37 AM

10,970 posts, read 7,430,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Anyone who thinks Trump can stop the wars in Gaza and Ukraine are delusional. How about he focus on childcare costs, the homeless and our vets.
Putin has already asked Trump to discuss ending the war (not Joe).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:20 AM

9,550 posts, read 14,529,249 times
Quote:
What do you expect from Trump’s 2nd term???
No new for-profit military business ventures abroad, like in his first term, policy which contributed to his troubles and hatred from both sides.

If we’re lucky, bring down the intensity of the US/NATO-Russia Borderlands War a notch or two, if very lucky settle it.

I would expect continued pressure on China, maybe additional tariffs. If we’re lucky, maybe expand them further down the technology chain and not just in favor of a few select industries.

Not sure what to make of western Asia, but I would assume further support for Israel, maybe even more.

Tighter southern border, slower illegal immigration, but no end to it.

Maybe some more tinkering at the edges of the tax code, but nothing fundamental.

Nothing doing on expansion of debt/money supply.

Less favoritism for industries that pay lip-service to “clean”, “green”, “sustainable”, “renewable”, which they ain’t, and a more all-of-the-above energy policy.

An all-of-the-above energy policy could help with inflation immediately, while an increase on the supply side of manufacturing on US soil could help in the long term.

Nothing doing on healthcare and insurance.

Nothing doing on policies that would actually promote better health outcomes such as easier access to real fresh food and real walkable neighborhoods; on the contrary, I see more farmland being trampled by commercial development.

GDP growth averages around 2.0%-2.5% and inflation around 2.5%, policy rates down to 4%-5%, stock marke prices continue to climb because corporations continue to be the most valuable entities in the economy, for better and for worse.

No end in sight to perverse social and cultural trends from either extreme, but hopefully they will all peter out over a period of decades.

US society is still alive, even vigorous, certainly dynamic in several unrelated directions all at once, and noticeably ill.

Yeah, a bunch of contradictions.

Good Luck!

Last edited by bale002; Today at 04:02 AM..

Old Today, 03:52 AM

23,857 posts, read 17,530,184 times
Peace and prosperity

Old Today, 05:57 AM

4,600 posts, read 4,150,275 times
Project 2025.

The setup for another recession.

Infrastructure to crumble.

A war with Iran if Netanyahu pushes for it.

Old Today, 06:17 AM

31,519 posts, read 22,506,590 times
Quote:
Anyone who thinks Trump can stop the wars in Gaza and Ukraine are delusional. How about he focus on childcare costs, the homeless and our vets.
You're only used to wars because Obama/Biden got us involved in new wars in Syria, Libya, and Yemen, now Biden/Harris in Ukraine. The Democrat party: The party of war

Old Today, 06:18 AM

275 posts, read 299,392 times
Minute 1: dissolve alphabet agencies.

No need since they are only used against US citizens!

Old Today, 06:21 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,163,017 times
There are too many things I am hoping that Trump will be able to do if and when he is re-elected… Hopefully this coming November since he is needed to right the ship that is sinking.

I know that the moment he wins, he will be attacked 24/7 by the same lying Media, same Lying Big Tech, and the same lying politicians on both sides of the fence. I just hope that the American people are aware that “THEY,” the media, big tech and corrupted politicians, hope the American people STAY STUPID to all the truth around them AND continue to fall for all their lies.

I only hope that Trump is completely surrounded by only a small detachment of beyond loyal, honest and trusted Secret Service agents 24/7 since the Deep State will become desperate and I would not put it past them to do the unthinkable. All their coordinated attacks and lies have failed and there is only one way to stop Trump at this point and IMHO, the DOJ, FBI DHS, CIA, NSA and many more departments/agencies cannot be trusted anymore since they have participated in a conspiracy to overthrow a Constitutionally elected president from 2016 to 2021 and now attempting to take out the ONLY political opposition to the current corrupt Administration that has lied constantly to the American people for the sole purpose of destroying our democracy.

Before 2016, I would have thought all the crap that is going on with covering up Biden’s corruption as VP, as well as his current mental and physical issues was crazy talk from the “tin foil hat” crew that believed that the Federal Reserve Bank is a satanic cult, and that 9/11 was an inside job, done by our government. But lately, maybe the “tin foil hat” crew had a few things right since “things” are not lining up right or making any sense since 2021.

…Just saying!!

Old Today, 06:25 AM

5,227 posts, read 4,724,513 times
If Trump wins, I will be ready to laugh in the faces of those who complain about inflation. Do you really think Trump policies benefit the "can't afford the price of eggs class"? No, even though I support Democrats, Republican policies benefit me because my household income is half a million. But unlike most Republicans, I don't vote for personal enrichment, I actually care about policies that help everyone. So yeah, I will have to do more international traveling for 4 years under a Trump presidency just to get away from this place but I doubt I will be suffering much.

Old Today, 06:38 AM

8,913 posts, read 5,244,407 times
Quote:
You can be sure Trump will take care of out Vets, children, and homeless......Americans first....unlike biden who puts illegals first!

Old Today, 06:40 AM

7,197 posts, read 9,660,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
If Trump wins, I will be ready to laugh in the faces of those who complain about inflation. Do you really think Trump policies benefit the "can't afford the price of eggs class"? No, even though I support Democrats, Republican policies benefit me because my household income is half a million. But unlike most Republicans, I don't vote for personal enrichment, I actually care about policies that help everyone. So yeah, I will have to do more international traveling for 4 years under a Trump presidency just to get away from this place but I doubt I will be suffering much.
How have Democrat policies benefited the “can’t afford the price of eggs” class, especially when Democrat policy drives up the cost of living? Between climate rules, EPA mandates, out of control spending that has only exacerbated inflation, etc etc, I don’t think you can say that Democrat policy benefits this particular economic class of people.

I care about policy and I care about our country, which is why I don’t vote for Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies