Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 02:16 PM

3,457 posts, read 1,469,138 times

Advertisements

I think they should be treated with an equal amount of respect. That's different than thinking we are equal in everything we can physically do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 02:18 PM

3,457 posts, read 1,469,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Agree. I can't boil water, but my husband made a lovely Thai Chicken and Coconut soup with fresh basil last night. So there's that difference.
LMAO!! Lucky you!

Old 04-10-2017, 02:19 PM

26,691 posts, read 14,666,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I think they should be treated with an equal amount of respect. That's different than thinking we are equal in everything we can physically do.
Respect needs to be earned, not automatically given.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:19 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,312,361 times
"Equal" is such a silly bar to set or standard to talk about. We are all individuals. People should get equal treatment by the law and should be free to pursue those things they want to pursue in life. And we should have a meritocracy.

I'm not equal to anyone and no one is equal to me because it's nonsense to use such terminology.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:20 PM

20,148 posts, read 16,306,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amuart View Post
For those of you who foolishly believe that men and women are equal, why do you believe this?
They are equally valuable, they are not equally able in all instances. But, then again, neither are any two given people when considering just about almost any factor.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:20 PM

8,450 posts, read 4,448,349 times
Respect has nothing to do with gender. Intellectual capacity is certainly equal. Physically, on average, men are stronger but not always. I wonder what the motive is to even ask the question.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:28 PM

11,110 posts, read 4,508,649 times
There are millions of men that are weaker than millions of women out there.
So its pointless simply saying that a man is physically stronger than a woman, when millions of examples prove otherwise....
Most likely every man on this forum will be physically weaker than a large portion of women (and in some cases the man will be weaker than a majority of women).

Old 04-10-2017, 03:23 PM

5,322 posts, read 2,381,095 times
Equal rights and value as human beings, unequal in ability.

For example, statistics show that men aren't quite as good at giving birth as women.

Last edited by T0103E; 04-10-2017 at 03:34 PM..

Old 04-10-2017, 03:48 PM

33,386 posts, read 35,045,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
They are equal, but not at the same things. For example, men can lift more heavy objects, but women can give birth. You might laugh at a girl trying to do push ups, but try passing a watermelon through your backend if you're a guy and see how it goes.
well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Walk down any street in any town and you'll see its very easy to find men that are weaker than women.
Heck, the weakest man in the world may be weaker than the weakest woman in the world.
And I'm in no way a supporter of women, just that there is a huge population of weak men, especially in this nerdy internet era.
we are talking generalities here, not specifics. in general men are bigger and stronger than women in general, physically. there are exceptions to everything though. for instance in the restaurant world, the majority of chefs are men, but women are making huge inroads to that area and doing quite well.

so are women equal to men? in most respects yes they are, in some respects no. does this mean one is superior to the other? no it doesnt.

Old 04-10-2017, 03:53 PM

15,711 posts, read 10,518,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Define "equal".
My question, too. Men and women are not equal if equal means the same.

We are equal under the law. We are not equal in physical or mental capabilities. Each sex has superior strengths and certain shortcomings relative to the other sex, according to the scientific data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies