Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:34 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times

Advertisements

Anyone want to join me????

Within a few years a handful of rich tourists may be blasting into space in a craft that combines the aesthetics of the space shuttle and a corporate jet.

British billionaire Richard Branson and aerospace designer Burt Rutan unveiled a model Wednesday of SpaceShipTwo, the vehicle they hope will take passengers on suborbital joy rides.

"Breathtakingly beautiful," was Branson's assessment of the ship, which is now under construction at a hangar in the Mojave Desert and which may begin test flights as soon as this year.

Tourist Spaceship Design Unveiled

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 10:43 AM

2,935 posts, read 5,001,068 times
Looks like something from a science fiction movie

Old 01-24-2008, 10:44 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,227,257 times
Considering I hate flying as it is, I'll probably pass (a little claustrophobia).

Old 01-24-2008, 10:51 AM

2,935 posts, read 6,717,860 times
+1 for innovating based upon market demand

Old 01-24-2008, 10:53 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,227,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
Big market for going into space on a Virgin ?

Old 01-24-2008, 11:35 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,763,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
+3 for helping to create demand to fill your innovation!

Old 01-24-2008, 12:05 PM

711 posts, read 933,426 times
Thumbs down Spaceship!

We could look at it this way. Perhaps they should make this crate as huge as possible. That way if it gets stranded in orbit we would have fewer of the special interest elite types that are trying their best to wreck our country. I doubt that many would ever miss them.

Besides since many of them view themselves as somewhat of an island, independent of the responsibilites and nuances of society as a whole they would be in their own element.

I can hear the radio message now "Boo Hoo, we are standed, Fed. Gov't. send help immediately". Regular man President; "But that would be welfare and I remember your comments on that". Boo Hoo "look at all the taxes I paid". Regular man President; "let's audit your total financial history". Regular man President " I see all the taxes you avoided one way or another", BYE!

Old 01-24-2008, 12:35 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,763,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskyz View Post
We could look at it this way. Perhaps they should make this crate as huge as possible. That way if it gets stranded in orbit we would have fewer of the special interest elite types that are trying their best to wreck our country. I doubt that many would ever miss them.

Besides since many of them view themselves as somewhat of an island, independent of the responsibilites and nuances of society as a whole they would be in their own element.

I can hear the radio message now "Boo Hoo, we are standed, Fed. Gov't. send help immediately". Regular man President; "But that would be welfare and I remember your comments on that". Boo Hoo "look at all the taxes I paid". Regular man President; "let's audit your total financial history". Regular man President " I see all the taxes you avoided one way or another", BYE!

Dude...this is a suborbital craft...

Old 01-24-2008, 06:59 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskyz View Post

you see it so wrong and jaded.It's about technological and innovative progress,something that helps all people eventually.When the auto,TV,VCR,dishwasher and a host of other new advances came out most people couldn't afford it but as it progressed it became more affordable.

I think it's great that in a world of so many problems positive things about the human race are still being sought and achieved.Of course many will want to tax heavily the people who dream up and work hard and take risks to advance this because they will be "elite rich people" for making this technology happen.

We should be focusing harder on going to Mars,expanding ourselves in space,man has a search for knowledge and a appetite for adventure in the soul that will never stop........I hope.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:06 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,925 times
When I become a Millionaire in the future, I will go. once in a life time opportunity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies