Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:46 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,359,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Mayor Thomas M. Menino blasted the city’s part-time school bus drivers — who have threatened to strike when school closes today — saying the action will leave disabled kids stranded

Quote:
BPS spokesman Matt Wilder said the drivers’ compensation amounts to roughly $60,000, including an average of $49,250 in pay, plus benefits

49K for a cushy part time job seems pretty good to me.....but of course....to greedy union scum....not so much

Stay classy Union!

Mayor Menino: Bus strike would hit disabled kids hardest - BostonHerald.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 01:48 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,690,986 times
wow 60,000 to drive a short bus who knew.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:48 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,310,814 times
In before "worth every penny for the hard work they do" *******ism.

ETA: Pun NOT intended.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:01 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,999,013 times
Right wing thugs get all bent out of shape when a bus driver earns a salary that can support a family in the one of the USA's most expensive cities.

But watch them cry and moan if anybody dares suggest that the tax rates on the ultra rich get raised a few basis points to help pay down the deficit.

They worship corporations and the rich, and hate working class Americans. You see this over and over in their rhetoric.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Right wing thugs get all bent out of shape when a bus driver earns a salary that can support a family in the one of the USA's most expensive cities.

But watch them cry and moan if anybody dares suggest that the tax rates on the ultra rich get raised a few basis points to help pay down the deficit.

They worship corporations and the rich, and hate working class Americans. You see this over and over in their rhetoric.
Bread and circuses for me too!

Old 06-28-2011, 02:06 PM

45,262 posts, read 26,522,131 times
Quote:

Since you seem like the generous type;I'll dm you my address so you can send me a monthly check.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Since you seem like the generous type;I'll dm you my address so you can send me a monthly check.
Doesn't work that way. You'll get your money, but he has to hire a set of thugs and a sign a piece of paper in order to collect that money from another person before you can receive it.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:10 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,831,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The typical republican way, whine and complain about those that make a living for themselves while begging for handouts

Old 06-28-2011, 02:11 PM

20,494 posts, read 12,417,712 times
Quote:

...well... that’s because you are talking apples and baseball bats.

my mother in law drives a school bus. it’s a part time job. She also has another full time job. The woman works hard what can I say?

I would suggest that republicans aren’t bent out of shape that a bus driver earns whatever. there might be some republican angst over a bus driver, earning better than average full time pay for part time work then striking because it isn’t enough... yea that might happen.... I might be one of those angsters...

As counterintuitive as it may seem, we have clear historic evidence that raising taxes doesn’t always mean raising revenue. thus the republican view that raising taxes to pay down deficits (which have nothing to do with school busses) is lamentable.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The typical republican way, whine and complain about those that make a living from others while begging for a market rate job unavailable because a small business was taxed out of existence.
Fix't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies