Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 01:57 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,281,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
Pretty much what I have heard. NA and Pine are almost equal. Some prefer Pine because it serves the wealthiest communities. It is the northside's version of USC.
That's not true at all, Pine and Richland Townships have lower average incomes than Franklin Park and Marshall in the NA district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 04:43 PM

3,298 posts, read 3,902,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
That's not true at all, Pine and Richland Townships have lower average incomes than Franklin Park and Marshall in the NA district.
I am only stating the reason they moved to the school district. They say Pine has a better social rep.

The Route 8/North Central Allegheny county/Adams Township/Mars corridor seems to be the current trendy area for wealthy people with kids.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:48 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,284,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
I am only stating the reason they moved to the school district. They say Pine has a better social rep.

The Route 8/North Central Allegheny county/Adams Township/Mars corridor seems to be the current trendy area for wealthy people with kids.
Not sure who they are but it's untrue.

It's tough to argue with great schools, a lot of conveniences, lower taxes, new and large homes, etc...

Old 01-10-2016, 07:27 PM

6 posts, read 11,098 times
Can anyone provide me information regarding the elementary schools in NA?

Old 01-10-2016, 07:59 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,040,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightyear123 View Post
Can anyone provide me information regarding the elementary schools in NA?
NA has approximately 3500 elementary students district-wide in grades K-5. There are 7 elementary schools spread throughout the 4 communities that comprise the North Allegheny School District (Bradford Woods, Franklin Park, Marshall, and McCandless Township). These three sites might be of some help:

North Allegheny School District - Bradfordwoods, Pennsylvania | PublicSchoolReview.com

https://k12.niche.com/d/north-allegh...l-district-pa/

North Allegheny School District in Pittsburgh, PA | GreatSchools

Old 01-11-2016, 09:14 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,548,225 times
I would think that both PR and NA are fine. It will really depend on your budget (and what kind of house you want) and where you want to live location wise.

We have a few friends that live in the PR school district. I think they live in Richland. I don't think the are particularly affluent.

I think the Route 8 corridor is "hot" with families because the homes are newer.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:17 PM

Any thoughts on Avonworth???

Old 01-17-2016, 08:08 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,040,695 times
Avonworth was one of the first school districts in the state that offered a tax abatement for new residential construction a number of years back, but I am unsure if this is still the case. The district is one of the smallest in Allegheny County. As with any school district its size, there are some distinct advantages and disadvantages. There are only 3 schools in the district, an elementary school and a middle school/high school housed in the same building. For most of the athletic teams and the extracurriculars, opportunities abound for any student wishing to participate without concern of being "cut". Academically, the district is considered as "middle tier" in comparison to others in the Pittsburgh region. Personally, if you are looking for a school district smaller in size than NA, I might look first at either Quaker Valley, or Mars, first, as both of these districts are at significantly higher academic performance levels than Avonworth.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:01 AM

Thank you for the information. I have spent endless hours researching these schools. We have narrowed it down to NA or Pine-Richland, although I am leaning towards NA. I was not impressed with Eden Hall. I am rather surprised that Pine merges all of their schools in 4th grade. I like really liked Bradford Woods Elementary, we are just having a hard time finding a house in that area that we like.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:42 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,139,273 times
My kids are Avonworth, like people mention it's small which is good and bad. Good is they get to be involved in whatever they like, more attention from teachers, and its a closer knit community. That said small also means less number and type of classes and there aren't as many friends to pick from (ie if you dont get along then they arent alot of other options). I think the education is good and there are alot of home options in various price ranges to serve the school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh