Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 08:16 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,973,967 times

Advertisements

I passed the one on Liberty in Bloomfield yesterday. Must have just opened because I never noticed it before. They have e-cigs and liquids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 09:09 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,891,939 times
My one complaint with e-cigs are the people that think they are ok to use anywhere since it's not a 'real' cigarette

Old 06-09-2014, 04:07 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,274,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
My one complaint with e-cigs are the people that think they are ok to use anywhere since it's not a 'real' cigarette

That's the way the product was promoted, at least initially. Since there is no smoke, there is no 2nd hand smoke, and that was the principle complaint about cigarettes, cigars and pipes.

Do you find the vapor clouds that ecigs produce to be offensive?

Old 06-09-2014, 04:12 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,916,921 times
Quote:

its just vapor, though I don't like folks who want to create the biggest damn smoke. I just want a nice feel of vapor hit my mouth while producing a small cloud of vapor.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:37 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,916,921 times
for a city full of smokers, im surprised I haven't seen more vapers out and about. you'd think this city would be prime real estate for vaping, but apparently not.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:43 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,891,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Do you find the vapor clouds that ecigs produce to be offensive?
The ones I was saw had an odor to them that wasn't what I would call particularly pleasant, and the 'puff" was loud - to be fair, the only places I noticed were rater confined - a restaurant, in front of me at a pens game, a movie theater, a small concert - i'm sure if it was elsewhere like a park, crowded bar, or whatever I wouldn't have even noticed, but in those close quarters I did & it was annoying.

So if your 'vaping' just be aware that it can still be annoying at times to others.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:57 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,611,108 times
Quote:
So if your 'vaping' just be aware that it can still be annoying at times to others.
Plus, there's got to be nicotine in it. I've not seen it anywhere indoors except in a smoking bar.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:17 PM

11 posts, read 9,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
while I don't want to talk about how bad smoking is, I have forgone cigarettes for these vaper e-cigs as a way to help me quit and so far has helped me a lot.

anyways I was wondering if anyone knows of local shops around the city that sell? id figure in a city that's pretty much in favor of smoking, that there would be a demand for such a thing (even if ive never seen someone smoke electronic cigs other than one guy since I moved here)
There is a "vap store" on Washington Road in McMurray, the zip code is 15317 but I don't have an address for you.

Can't wait until they are made illegal everywhere.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:13 PM

697 posts, read 779,323 times
And before there's 15 posts arguing about the location, there are no ecigs in Beaver, Beaver Falls, Monaca, Beaver Valley or Center Township.

I do wonder if people can still use these vapor things if there's a no smoking policy like at a hotel, beach, etc.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:51 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,459,619 times
it doesn't produce an odor so you 'can' do it as long as no ones watching you. the vapor dissapears really fast so just blow it down or something . even if you have to run to the bathroom at work its better than going outside.

i dont do it indoors where people can see me because a lot of people assume its similar to cigarettes. i saw a woman hit one right out the door at local giant eagle and another woman walking past gave her the meanest look and started fake coughing..

i don't want to even deal with it so w/e, develop some tactics so no one will notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh