Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 07:31 AM

45 posts, read 115,960 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into moving sometime within the next few months. I have a job in the US Steel building, and I noticed that the T-station is hyper close to there. I currently take the bus from Moon Township into work, but if this job continues to work out I'd like to get an apartment and possibly use the T to get into town. Does anyone have any suggestions for areas of town to look into for apartments that would allow me to get dropped off at the T near the BNY Mellon building? Or suggestions of apartment complexes to look into (my estimated budget will be in the $700-800 range perhaps...

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 07:54 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,911,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirl44 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into moving sometime within the next few months. I have a job in the US Steel building, and I noticed that the T-station is hyper close to there. I currently take the bus from Moon Township into work, but if this job continues to work out I'd like to get an apartment and possibly use the T to get into town. Does anyone have any suggestions for areas of town to look into for apartments that would allow me to get dropped off at the T near the BNY Mellon building? Or suggestions of apartment complexes to look into (my estimated budget will be in the $700-800 range perhaps...

Thanks in advance!
Actually there's a connecting tunnel from the Steel Plaza station directly to the Steel Building, so you wont even need to come above ground and go outside.

I would pick up some of those Apartment books that are stationed at the T stations....I think most the Apts in those books are Apartments along the T.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:33 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,064,298 times
Yep, Steel Plaza is basically between USX and BNY Mellon, and connected to both by tunnels.

Anyway, I agree about the apartment books, and you could also search on Craigslist looking for places that reference the T. I'm not sure what you are looking for in a neighborhood, but some of the cooler areas (by my standards) along the T include Mt Lebanon and Dormont, and I am sure people will have more suggestions.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:37 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,064,298 times
Oh, and a couple more notes:

Depending on what sort of walk to the T you were willing to make, some of the North Side neighborhoods may also be a possibility, now that the North Shore Connector is open. And that ride is free (for now).

I might also note that USX is served by most (maybe all?) of the buses that use the East Busway for express service to Downtown, including the P1 and P2 (they make a stop in front of USX as they are looping back to the Busway). Looking along the East Busway for apartments would give you more possible choices.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:58 PM

110 posts, read 153,154 times
I say move to the North Side and enjoy the walk it will do you good!!!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 01:24 PM

165 posts, read 263,038 times
You can try the books, but most of those are advertisements by management companies. Beechview, Dormont, and Mt. Lebanon are filled with apartments but you're not going to find complexes. Most are owned/run by private landlords or smaller companies that don't advertise with those books.

I suggest looking on Craigslist (that's how I found mine) or just going for a drive. It's not unusal to find signs in the yards for different places.

The T is great and it will be super convienient for getting into town. I often (especially in the winter and in this heat) wish I worked in the Mellon Building or the Steel Building so I wouldn't have to go outside into the elements.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions. Good luck!

Old 06-21-2012, 04:04 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,280,498 times
The Palm Garden Apartments are in Mt. Washington right past the junction, have stairs going down to the LRT stop and are pretty inexpensive.

Just 4 stops away from Steel Plaza.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:35 AM

19 posts, read 33,921 times
I pay 775 for a 1100 sf 2 bedroom apt on allegheny ave. I'd look around here if I were you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh