Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:07 PM

240 posts, read 1,371,138 times

Advertisements

Been searching for some great websites from high caliber professional photographers in the New England region. Came up with 4 absolutely outstanding professionals. Really great to get ideas of places you might plan to relocate to, or even buy prints from since they all sell.

In no specific order.. photographer Greg A. Hartford. Seems pretty specific to Maine coast and central mountain region. Website is Acadia National Park Maine - Bar Harbor Maine. Remarkable photographer. This guy OWNS Acadia and Bar Harbor. Amazing skills working with natural light, low light.

Jeff Newcomer. Website is www.partridgebrookreflections.com. From what I have researched his work has been published in calanders, magazines and even phone book covers in New Hampshire. Website is tricky to get around, pictures can be viewed by clicking links near bottom. Gorgeous work! Unbelievable depth of field.

Photographer Thomas Schoeller. Based out of the Hills country in NW Connecticut. Owner of SaddleTramp Images, website is "New England scenic landscapes""nature photography""farms and barns". Published National Geographic Traveler Magazine, various calenders and hard cover books. Travel guides as well. BEST Connecticut photography I have ever seen. Well balanced portfolio of work from Farms And Barns, Foliage, Nature Fine Art, and abstract nature. Nicest website so far too!

Last but not least, photographer Daniel Smith. Website is www.ScenicNewEngland.net. Very powerful composition skills, has a unique style. Website is awesome, a must see. Scenic landscapes, nature shots, mountains of New Hampshire.. Enjoy! If anyone can add to the list or wants to comment on the artist above feel free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,809,153 times
I go to CT this weekend for a wedding.
Hopefully I can catch some time taking some summer shots!

Those pictures you link are FANTASTIC! Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:11 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,897,469 times
Wow...some great pics in that bunch!!

Old 07-01-2010, 07:31 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Another very good one is Paul Cyr in Caribou, Maine. Very nice guy and he shoots some rather nice stuff. Some of his work can be seen on this site. Mouse over "gallery" then choose his tab to see some of his work. There are several in that area that do very nice work, but Paul tend to be the most consistent. Owen Jackson was a real nice guy as well. Paul likes to take shots of Bald Eagles in the area and I have spent some time early mornings at one of his favorite Eagle nest sites talking about the Eagles and life in general with him while I lived there.

To see one of the reasons I left that area other than the economy really sucks is in his gallery "Winter in Northern Maine" and is photo "ss40" about halfway down the page. That would NOT be a staged/Photo-shopped shot either. Seen my own thermometer outside the window look like that all too often.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:49 PM

50 posts, read 91,937 times
Thanks for the tips!! I love seeing great shots of my native state (Maine)

Old 03-10-2013, 05:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,311 times
Looks like an old post, sorry I'm new to this website. (it's great) Anyhow I live in New England and we love to hike and explore, take pictures etc..

I googled our photography instructor (d-slr class) and this was one of the websites that his name was mentioned. We're like 'hey we know him!" Photographer Thomas Schoeller. The link to his website here is old, his current link on the brochure I have is : Removed - sorry, you cannot post URLs until you have a posting history here. Thank you.

He's a member of the New England Photographers Guild. I know he sells a lot of great prints and stuff, we took a course that was held right in his art gallery. was very distracting looking around at all the scenes from the region. Lighthouses, Covered bridges,fall foliage,mountains.....

Anyhow, a few other GREAT photographers you can add to the list:
-Jeff Folger Vista Photography
-Jeff Newcomer Partridge Brook Reflections
-Tom Gaitley Tom Gailtey Photography
-John Voss
Oh and a really unbelievable great one from up near Acadia is NATE PARKER. I think his link is : Removed - sorry, you cannot post URLs until you have a posting history here. Thank you.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 03-10-2013 at 09:45 PM..

Old 05-01-2013, 12:47 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times

Typical New England in the fall photo. Not by anyone famous though.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:49 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
The partridge brook reflections was always a nice site, it helped I lived in the town he shot in (Keene, Nh ) the others are great too. I think that's one of the things ill miss about living in New England is the ease of stepping out my door for a perfect picture

Old 05-01-2013, 08:20 AM

10,743 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Marthas Vineyard

Summit of Camels Hump - Vermont

Sunrise at Marconi Beach - Wellfleet Cape Cod

Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 AM

10,743 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Essex River - Mass

Plum Island - Mass

Winter in Salem, Mass

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography