Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 01:53 AM

21 posts, read 115,578 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good OBGYN in the area? I am a high-risk pregnancy and was hoping to find someone with a good recommendation as I am new to the area. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 08:05 AM

148 posts, read 850,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmitch View Post
Can anyone recommend a good OBGYN in the area? I am a high-risk pregnancy and was hoping to find someone with a good recommendation as I am new to the area. Thanks!
Depending on exactly how "high risk" you are I would suggest Phoenix Perinatal Associates (PPA). They are the multiples gurus but also deal with high risk pregnancies. You could at least call their office and see if you are a candidate. They have different offices around the valley but they have one office right behind Thunderbird hospital, 5605 W. Eugie I believe. I went to them for my triplet pregnancy and saw Dr. Elliott. They have about 15 doctors in there.

For my other two "normal" pregnancies I have gone to Desert West OBGYN specifically Dr. Phillips. I absolutely LOVE him. He is so thoughtful and nice. I do believe they deal with some higher risk pregnancies probably depending on the issue. Their office is in the building next door to PPA at 5601 W. Eugie. Their phone number is 602-978-1500. They are a busier office and they too have many doctors in there. If you have a preference male vs. female, I have heard good things about Dr. Wilkey and Dr. Tom. I just looked and if you go a google search for Desert West OBGYN, their website will come up and you can see all the doctors and everything they are willing to treat. I bet PPA has something similar.

Hope that helps.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:59 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,819,900 times
I was a patient of Phoenix Perinatal Associates 13 years ago. They were absolutely the best docs ever. I just looked at their website and my dr.'s are still part of the practice.
I also was a patient of Dr. Tom's till we moved away 5 years ago. She was excellent.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:06 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,470,024 times
I second Desert West. I've heard Dr. Phillip's is good as well, but my son was delivered emergency c-section by Dr. Tom.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:06 AM

338 posts, read 1,631,012 times
I third Desert West OB-GYN- 5601 W. Eugie. I have gone to Dr. Christensen for 17 years- he performed surgery on me when I was 19 years old. He is a great doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: