Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2013, 11:49 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,706,546 times

Advertisements

If anyone from the forum is planning on being there, if you see a tall guy, about 32 years old, wearing a blue Corvette cap and Wranglers walking around...come up and say hi.

I plan on being there Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night with my father and maybe a few of my friends and his friends. It's become sort of a tradition for some father/son bonding time that we rarely get anymore. We're both registered bidders so if anyone here is also registered, let me know!

Was browsing the auction docket last night and circling things I'd like...I ran out of ink though.

I don't plan on buying anything (read: can't afford it) but my dad's fairly serious and might drive away with something. He bought a 1st-generation Corvette a couple years ago and he loves that car, it was "the car" to have when he was growing up and now that he's retired, he's trying to relive his childhood and teenage memories.

He's always wanted a '57 Chevy and he was salivating over the picture of this custom one they're selling on Friday: 1957 CHEVROLET BEL AIR Lot 1052 | Barrett-Jackson Auction Company

I guess we shall see what happens.

Anyone else attending this year? Anyone bidding on anything in particular?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 01:03 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,654,639 times
I'll be going for my first time and am really looking forward to it. I see where they list the cars by auction day, but is there any way to tell what time of the day each car will be at the auction block? I'm not sure it makes sense to force bidders into attending all day to wait for the car they're interested in. Maybe I'm just missing the schedule.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:13 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,706,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I'll be going for my first time and am really looking forward to it. I see where they list the cars by auction day, but is there any way to tell what time of the day each car will be at the auction block? I'm not sure it makes sense to force bidders into attending all day to wait for the car they're interested in. Maybe I'm just missing the schedule.
There really is no set "schedule" as some auctions can last quite a bit longer than others particularly on big-dollar nights like Friday and Saturday. You can average about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes for each car on the block. It just depends on how much interest/how many bidders. Maybe figure about 20-25 cars per hour as a rough estimate if you want an idea of how many hours it'll be before a certain vehicle is on the block. As the evening rolls around, figure closer to 16-20 cars though because many are specialty/high-dollar/charity vehicles that take more time on the block.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:09 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,654,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
There really is no set "schedule" as some auctions can last quite a bit longer than others particularly on big-dollar nights like Friday and Saturday. You can average about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes for each car on the block. It just depends on how much interest/how many bidders. Maybe figure about 20-25 cars per hour as a rough estimate if you want an idea of how many hours it'll be before a certain vehicle is on the block. As the evening rolls around, figure closer to 16-20 cars though because many are specialty/high-dollar/charity vehicles that take more time on the block.
Thanks for the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area