Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2006, 06:45 PM

3 posts, read 7,101 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to trace my roots a little and find my parents first home in Star Lake NY.

My father was a Presbyterian Minister in 3 to 5 small churches upstate in the 50's and 60's. They were in the Star Lake and Wanakena area.

This is probably a shot in the dark but I'm hoping to to reach someone who has lived in that area since that time and is still attending those churches.

The goal is to find someone who may remember where they lived.

Thanks, TD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,502 times
Default Presbyterian minister in Star Lake Wanakena area

What's the name of the individuals you're checking out? I lived in the area then & may recognize them, especially Wanakena. Jack Pine

Old 07-14-2008, 04:33 PM

Jack,

Thanks for responding. I'd given up.

My mother and father were:

Ted (Theodore) Davis
Harriette Davis

He would have been in his early 30's at the time.

They probably left Star Lake in the mid-60's.

Let me know if that rings a bell.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,119 times
I grew up in Wanakena, and went to the Presbyterian church there while your father was minister. I was young, but I do remember him - he was an awesome singer. He had a loud, booming voice that would fill the whole church. There were 3 Prebyterian churches that he ministered to: Wanakena, Star Lake, and Cranberry Lake. My parents still live in Wanakena, and we go there a few times every year. My mother told me that your family lived in the manse in Wanakena for all the time that your father was the minister. The next time I'm there, I'll get a picture of the house.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:48 AM

Default jakeson

Thanks so much for replying. I'm thinking of mom an dad a lot at this time of year so this message was a nice surprise.

A picture would be spectacular. The address would be more than I could hope for. With the address, I could map it and get by there one day.

I really appreciate your help. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Tod Davis

Old 12-19-2009, 07:53 AM

2 posts, read 4,119 times
I'm not sure what the specific address is, but I believe it will be on either 4th Street, 5th Street, or River Street, in Wanakena 13695. There's not a lot of streets in Wanakena, and they all either have a dead end, or loop back such that you'd come back to where you started. There's a small grocery store, where you could stop for directions, but it's closing at the end of this year.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:15 PM

255 posts, read 694,931 times
Interesting, I'm over in Tupper Lake. Went to the Pine Cone last winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search