Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2008, 10:45 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

Question: I hate to say it, but my son-in-law is no good. Three nights a week he goes out with his buddies, leaving Melissa at home with their toddler. Recently, they asked my husband and me to help them with the down payment on a house. While we would like to help our daughter, we’re sure her marriage will end in divorce, and we would hate to see our hard-earned cash winding up in Josh’s pocket. What should we do?

Our answer: Leave your checkbook in the drawer.

Do the Right Thing My daughter married a bum « (http://moneyethics.blogs.money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/my-daughter-married-a-bum/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 10:55 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Question: I hate to say it, but my son-in-law is no good. Three nights a week he goes out with his buddies, leaving Melissa at home with their toddler. Recently, they asked my husband and me to help them with the down payment on a house. While we would like to help our daughter, we’re sure her marriage will end in divorce, and we would hate to see our hard-earned cash winding up in Josh’s pocket. What should we do?

Do the Right Thing My daughter married a bum « (http://moneyethics.blogs.money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/my-daughter-married-a-bum/ - broken link)
Its obvious your not happy with your son-in-law but, you failed to say if
Melissa was happy !!!!!! And that is really the issue.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:04 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times
Hi, This cann't be me because I've never been married and have no children. I find all these diffient interesting news subjects for other people on here to talk about.

John

Old 01-06-2009, 10:07 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times
Somebody dosent know the news man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Old 01-06-2009, 10:22 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,582,237 times
LOL! Once again good stuff John, sure are a lot of those these days, ppl who don't have their lives together and wifebeaters too.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:24 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,080 times
I would keep the money in the pocket....
what are they doing that they cant save up some money

Going out is expensive maybe if they save a bit they wouldnt have to run to mommy and daddy to do what they should be doing....

Me and my husband have two kids and saved up enough money to put the down payment on a house without any help whatsoever...

I couldnt even imagine myself going to my parents and asking them for a couple of thousands of dollars...

Old 01-06-2009, 12:15 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,325,912 times
Quote:

Join the club...

Old 01-06-2009, 12:53 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,173 times
Quote:

Just buy stuff for her and the baby. Then it won't benefit him.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:05 PM

431 posts, read 1,641,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Just buy stuff for her and the baby. Then it won't benefit him.

I agree with taboo2. If you just buy needed items for your grandbaby and for your daughter then she could save the money from that to save for a home and then the money you spent on them would not go to your son-in-law but their money. Good luck with your difficult choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting