Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:24 AM

10,228 posts, read 16,387,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
On the new client info sheet that we fill out (even if only date and name, to track walk-in traffic) in big print I wrote Ahole so my assistant woud know just to file it - though of course when she read it she wanted to know what had happened.
I work the reception desk at my job, and people just don't realize the risks they take when they think they can get away with things they do to, or in front of, observant receptionists. I have all kinds of ways.

Last Thurs & Fri we had this general contractor in there, a foreign woman, who built something without permits (and it would not have been allowed, anyway), and she rants that she was given permission. Well, I remember her spending a LOT of time in-n-out of that office last summer and fall. So did the property owner. I cannot be sold on the claim that they didn't have everything they needed to do things right. Besides, I know how our office operates with a fine-tooth comb.

Fri the property owner showed up with the contractor, I looked at her and smiled and, "Oh, I remember you, too!" She smiled back but went "Oh!" and turned beet-red. Then I added, "I don't forget anything!" Not sure how that went over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 10:29 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,081,097 times
On the city forums, I've noticed that the people who sneer at kindness and bash those who try to be friendly will soon enough start whining about "how come I can't make friends here?"

Old 04-18-2010, 12:58 PM

11,864 posts, read 11,096,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I work the reception desk at my job, and people just don't realize the risks they take when they think they can get away with things they do to, or in front of, observant receptionists. I have all kinds of ways.

Last Thurs & Fri we had this general contractor in there, a foreign woman, who built something without permits (and it would not have been allowed, anyway), and she rants that she was given permission. Well, I remember her spending a LOT of time in-n-out of that office last summer and fall. So did the property owner. I cannot be sold on the claim that they didn't have everything they needed to do things right. Besides, I know how our office operates with a fine-tooth comb.

Fri the property owner showed up with the contractor, I looked at her and smiled and, "Oh, I remember you, too!" She smiled back but went "Oh!" and turned beet-red. Then I added, "I don't forget anything!" Not sure how that went over.
LOL good for you I love it

Old 04-18-2010, 05:24 PM
bjh

60,527 posts, read 30,685,166 times
Sometimes life is like that - people will think someone is stupid for being kind.

If you spend time correcting or explaining things to idiots, at the end of the day they will still be idiots. Only now they will be convinced you are one too.

Somtimes the only thing you can do is hold your head high and know you did a good thing.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:27 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,549,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
When acts of kindness are taken as stupidity.

(Thanx Tulips4You2)
....much like undeserved forgiveness. But we are all better off when we practice both while disregarding those who don't appreciate our heart and being glad God does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics