Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 06:29 AM

821 posts, read 2,019,660 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

The "Temporary Fairy" is coming to visit you for 24 hours

This will give you the chance to, try something new or different.
It may be anything from a New hair do or color, to a new job or even a new city etc... and after 24 hours everything goes back to normal
So !!!

What would you try or change in your 24 hours ?
gosh, can't think of a thing
so will go from your examples posted, new hair do... cut short, new job....airlines pilot, new city...Ammend Jordan

Bonus Question:

Who would you say was the most interesting (ok or unusual person) you have most recently interacted with ?
well I'm a nurse and come in contact with lots of people
and some are well....very interesting (guess that is a good way to say it)

Extra Credit Question:

Are you a "crafty" person ?
no

What kind of crafts do you like doing ?

For those "non-crafty" folks , is there a craft you would like to try ?
scrapbooking

Just for Fun:
In honor of Bad Hair Day (you know I couldn't let this pass by)

What was your worst,most unusual or funniest "Bad Hair Day" story ?
have you seen people with black hair that have this shimmer of purple or voilet to their hair, I love that
well, my hair is light brown and blondish at times (with help of course)
I thought once I would do my hair with the violet shimmer
but I ended up with violet color hair, really pinkish purple, had to go and get some stuff to get the color out, then had to get some brown to add color back to my hair, it was a mess
something that I will never do again

Today is:
Lemonade Day I will take a glass
National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day never heard of chocolate pecan pie
Summer Cool-Off Day it has stormed and rained yesterday and thought out the night and has cooled off allot

havea great day everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 06:35 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,595,729 times
I don't have much input for this..I will just say ditto to almost everything Sudcaro said.

We had a lovely rain early this morning, and the rumbling continues in the distance.I love these summer rains!
I am so glad I got almost all of our extensive lawn mowed yesterday.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:46 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,343,422 times
You know, since they started doing it several years ago, I've wanted to put those bright colored streaks in my hair - like blue or green or beet red. But I don't think they'd go well with all the silver up there! Thanks, Karla! I like that question.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:49 AM

27,507 posts, read 27,542,288 times
Today's Question(s):

It may be anything from a New hair do or color, to a new job or even a new city etc... and after 24 hours everything goes back to normal
So !!!

Bonus Question:

Who would you say was the most interesting (ok or unusual person) you have most recently interacted with ?

Extra Credit Question:

Just for Fun:

I would say Id want to try out a small town out in the midwest. Oklahoma and S Dakota has been my two choices of where to relocate to in a couple of years, but maybe check out someplace in Alabama or LA, just to get a feel for other options.
I have bad hair days every day.....

Old 08-20-2009, 06:49 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,252,507 times

So !!!

I think I would try living somewhere else for the 24 hours, but now to figure out the perfect place

Bonus Question:

I can think of one client we have here, she is really, really looney!
Extra Credit Question:

Nope, I can be I just don't. I would rather put tile up or re-design a room.

I wish I liked knitting.

Just for Fun:

OMG! When I was little I wanted to try my Dad's hair goop (anyone my age remember "a little dab will do ya"?) Well right before I was to leave for school I put it on my hair! My mother almost killed me!

Today in History:
1741 - Alaska was discovered by Danish navigator Vitus Jonas Bering. That’s how the Bering Sea got its name.
1896 - Dial telephone patented
1945 - Dodgers Tommy Brown, 17, is youngest player to hit a HR
1965 Rolling Stones release "Satisfaction" (their 1st #1 U.S. hit)
1980 Reinhold Messner of Italy is 1st to solo ascent Mount Everest

Word of the Day:
perorate\PUR-uh-rayt\ , intransitive verb:
1. To conclude or sum up a long discourse.
2. To speak or expound at length; to declaim.

Today is:
Lemonade Day
National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day
Summer Cool-Off Day
National Radio Day
Bamboo Day
Bad Hair Day

Old 08-20-2009, 06:52 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,704,988 times
Today's Question(s):

So !!!

Well since you mentioned it Karla, I would like the Temporary Fairy to take me far, far away to a new, exotic city to test drive for 24 hours

Bonus Question:

Some weird little person at the Verizon store....I still don't know if it was a man or a woman

Extra Credit Question:

Yes I am

scrapbooking, cross-stitching and anything else that strikes me as interesting. I've made masks, Christmas ornaments and even done a little drawing and painting when I'm feeling especially crafty

Just for Fun:

Can't think of one in particular but I had several of them in the 80's with all the perms I got

Today is:
Lemonade Day...............................fresh-sqeezed please
National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day.....yummy
Summer Cool-Off Day......................this day's for you Karla!!
National Radio Day.........................I love my radio/stereo
Bamboo Day..................................
Bad Hair Day.................................

Old 08-20-2009, 06:59 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,415,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone

Today's Question(s):

What would you try or change in your 24 hours ? I would be an astronaut aboard the international space station. Weightless for 24 hours - woo-hoo Or else I would like to be a dog for 24 hours and see the world from their perspective.

Bonus Question:

Who would you say was the most interesting (ok or unusual person) you have most recently interacted with ? Nathan Winograd, author of Redemption

Extra Credit Question:

Are you a "crafty" person ? More in spirit than fact. Have lots of stuff for projects, not enough motivation.

What kind of crafts do you like doing ? Mostly home dec. sewing

For those "non-crafty" folks , is there a craft you would like to try ? I really want to learn to quilt and there is a quilting society here but I am intimidated by all those incredibly talented quilters.

Just for Fun:

What was your worst,most unusual or funniest "Bad Hair Day" story ? Remember those home perms you mentioned the other day. Many bad hair months.

Today in History:
1741 - Alaska was discovered by Danish navigator Vitus Jonas Bering. That’s how the Bering Sea got its name.
1965 Rolling Stones release "Satisfaction" (their 1st #1 U.S. hit) S, D and R & R

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Lemonade Day
National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day
Summer Cool-Off Day
National Radio Day
Bamboo Day
Bad Hair Day
Thanks, Karla

Old 08-20-2009, 07:05 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,550,647 times
Good morning all.

Karla- How is that monster TV? Is your Hubby enjoying it? Some people get bigger TV's because they want want but my hubby and I need a bigger TV because we can't see it anymore.

So !!!

What would you try or change in your 24 hours ? I would like to volunteer at a library or a pet shelter. Animals and books can't talk back.

Who would you say was the most interesting (ok or unusual person) you have most recently interacted with ? Well it's not so much that they were interesting people but they were "doing" something I have never seen. I went to a housewarming last week and they had an open fire and a big cauldron hung above it. Men were standing there and taking turns stirring the contents with this 5-6 foot long wood paddle with holes at the one end of it. They were making apple butter which I thought was neat. It took about 4 hours of stirring.

Are you a "crafty" person ? No.

What kind of crafts do you like doing ? I like creating in the kitchen but no real crafts.

Pottery and ceramics. I've seen ladies making quilts and although I like what they make I don't think I would ever have the patience.

What was your worst,most unusual or funniest "Bad Hair Day" story ? I have crazy hair. My DH says I look like a lion sometimes because it can be so wild, lol. My worst experience was when I got a perm when I was about 13. Everyone was doing it then. I looked in the mirror when the woman was finished with my hair. I was horrified. I looked like a poodle and started to cry.

Lemonade Day Pretty good but I like Iced Tea best.

National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day I will be right over to do a taste test.

Summer Cool-Off Day I would love to go to the lake.

National Radio Day I don't own a radio but there is one in the car. When I'm with my DH we never turn it on. When I'm driving alone lookout, you will see me bee bopping and singing along. I'm sure I would be one of those "interesting" people you talk about, lol.

Bamboo Day I love bamboo. I want to have a forest surrounding our property so I never have to "see" anyone. Cool stuff. It stays green all year.

Bad Hair Day- What else is new, lol?

Old 08-20-2009, 07:12 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,868,093 times
Good morning everyone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Today's Question(s):

So !!!

What would you try or change in your 24 hours ? I would like to have a part in one of the new Twilight movies!

Bonus Question:

Who would you say was the most interesting (ok or unusual person) you have most recently interacted with ? One of the parents on my sons team....very unusual..sometimes I'm left with a "huh?" feeling after talking to them.

Extra Credit Question:

Are you a "crafty" person ? Yes and no, I am not good at it...but I do a lot of crafty things!

What kind of crafts do you like doing ? Decorate and paint.

Just for Fun:

What was your worst,most unusual or funniest "Bad Hair Day" story ? One very bad memory.....years ago, I had a very bad perm that fried my blonde hair....I had to cut it sooo short...ugh..it looked terrible for 3 months! Last perm I ever had.

Today in History:
1965 Rolling Stones release "Satisfaction" (their 1st #1 U.S. hit)

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Lemonade Day
National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day yummm, I'll serve the pie...who's bringing the lemonade?
Summer Cool-Off Day
National Radio Day
Bamboo Day
Bad Hair Day
Have a great day everyone!

Old 08-20-2009, 07:17 AM

54,516 posts, read 34,005,319 times
Bonus Question:

Can I include people on City Data? - I'd say people at the office.

Extra Credit Question:

Hmmm... Since I like airplanes, I guess you can say I'm an Aircrafty person.. - But don't count on me doing some crafty things, especially painting the exterior of the airplane pink and putting flowers on it... I also like guns, and the crafty thing that I would do with them would be to use camouflage finish on them, and no pink or flowers on my guns either..

Cleaning up the house and putting things where they belong.. does that count?

Just for Fun:
LOL.. I guess that's one question I can skip today.. My hairline is so thin, even my bad hair days are bad! - Actually, when we were little kids, my 2 sisters and I played barber once, and we cut each other's hair... We didn't have just one bad hair day, we had a bad hair month! Needless to say, I never pursued a career in cutting hair after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics