Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 08:13 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,372,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefightermom View Post
My best friend's son--his dad decided to give him a buzz cut but he forgot to put the guard on, so the kid is now effectively bald at 2 1/2 years old! It's cute though...and it will grow back, unlike when he is older!
We did that intentionally to our son when he was not quite two. He was a thumb-sucker as a baby and toddler, and whenever he was sucking his thumb, he always wanted to have a bit of fuzz from his blankie in his fingers to rub over his nose. If his blankie wasn't handy, he'd grab a handful of his own hair and use that instead. By the time he was approaching his second birthday, he was getting a bald strip down one side of his head from that habit, so we shaved him bald and kept it that way for about a year, until he forgot about using his hair that way.

And yes, it was sure cute - though now that he's 6'2", I'd never repeat that story in his presence!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 09:32 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,416,835 times
Default Today's Question(s)

What was the last thing you saw that made you say

"what were they thinking" ? ...Coming home today on a twisting mountian road a group of sports cars passing on blind curves and on hills where they couldn't see if there was any oncoming traffic, Idiots.

Bonus Question:

What is your favorite "stay healthy" tip ? ..Walk

Extra Credit Question:

OK, I will grudgingly admit it, I have way too many...Ice chests

Just for Fun:

Cotton Candy: Yay ,eh or Yuck ...Nay

What is your favorite kind of pretzel ?....Any prtzel will do

When I say "funnel cake" you say ...Yes

Old 04-26-2009, 09:55 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,414,222 times
"what were they thinking" ?
A couple weeks ago I went walking with other four other single older women and one started telling about dating a man 10 years younger. They had been dating for awhile and decided to become more intimate so they planned a weekend away. On the way they stopped at hot springs, got in their swimsuits and enjoyed the baths. Keep in mind, this woman was very attractive and obviously in good shape. As they continued the drive the man turned to her and said "I was surprised how old your body looks." Needless to say you can imagine how the rest of the weekend went.

What is your favorite "stay healthy" tip ?
Laugh....a lot.

OK, I will grudgingly admit it, I have way too many analytical thoughts running through my head. And like Bookworm my friends tell me I have too many books when they help me move them but I don't admit any such thing.

Cotton Candy: GROSS

What is your favorite kind of pretzel ? Unique Oat Bran - only available in PA

When I say "funnel cake" you say give me a brownie with ice cream and hot fudge sauce.
The first Odd Fellows lodge in the U.S. was established -- in Baltimore, Maryland. The official name of the organization is the Independent Order (of) Odd Fellows or IOOF. You can see these initials on many buildings in communities throughout the country.

I heard they were originally created in Europe to pick up the bodies from the plague. Now I go contra dancing at the Odd Fellows. Quite the change.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:03 PM
NCN

21,669 posts, read 25,757,163 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you saw that made you say

"what were they thinking" ?

I don't know about the last thing, but the thing that stuck in my mind is the house we sold in Charlotte. We drove back through the neighborhood just to see that first house we have ever bought that had mixed brick and gold and black trim when we lived there. The new owners had painted the trim on the house purple! A deep dark purple!

Bonus Question:

What is your favorite "stay healthy" tip ?
Health:
1. Drink plenty of water
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy
5. Make time for prayer
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in last year.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day ---- and while you walk, smile

Extra Credit Question:

OK, I will grudgingly admit it, I have way too many burgandy handbags. I have three that color?

Just for Fun:

Cotton Candy: neutral

What is your favorite kind of pretzel ? Small straight sticks, but we usually eat the twisted kind in the small bags.

When I say "funnel cake" you say, "Huh!"

Old 04-27-2009, 01:24 AM

44,753 posts, read 62,104,060 times
NCN, those are great healthy tips...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics