Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 04:07 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,957,041 times

Advertisements

[b]Today's Question(s):

How many kids were in your High School graduation class ? I dunno, as I opted out early. Took the tests, got 100%'s and left. To say I was hopelessly bored is a major understatement. Wish I'd have had teachers that stimulated me. A sibling of mine had a graduating class of 4... 2 of which have since killed themselves. Small High School reunion there.

Extra Credit Question:

How many dictionaries do you have in your home ? I think we have 1. I rarely use it as dictionary.com is easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 04:48 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,645,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Were there any special things your Senior class did?

I don't remember anything specific that my senior class did, however, I do vividly remember my eighth grade trip to Hershey, Pennsylvania. I know ... I know ... it's International Moments of Laughter Day and you're waiting for the punch line. Well, on that bus trip, sitting in the seat behind me, was the future Mrs. Charley, who hung out with me that day ... and has continued to hang out with me for the last forty three years! Next week, we will celebrate our thirty-fifth wedding anniversary.
And Hershey bars have a special meaning for you too this very day, yes?

Congratulations to you and Mrs. Charley... and wishing you both another blissful 35 years!

Old 04-14-2009, 05:46 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,625,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
How many in graduating class?

It was large, I think it was 709.

Did we do anything special as seniors?

All I remember was what they called "kid day" where the seniors dressed up like little kids! (Like I had a big bow in my hair and painted on freckles and a gingham dress.)

Dictionaries?
Just one very large 3 volume one!
You didn't happen to go to Lubbock High, did you? That's very large for a Lubbock school.

Today's Question(s):

How many kids were in your High School graduation class ?
I haven't given my age on this forum much, but I'm still in high school. My class is currently around 600. Go LHS Westerners!

Bonus Question:

Were there any special things your Senior class did ?
(class trip , senior day, senior prank, etc)
I'm in the process of coming up with a senior prank that I will do once my senior year comes around.

Extra Credit Question:

How many dictionaries do you have in your home ?
I don't really know. I guess three or four.

Today in History:
1611 - Word "telescope" is 1st used
1828 - 1st edition of Noah Webster's dictionary published
1894 - Thomas Edison presents "peep show" device (also called- moving pictures)
1910 - President Taft begins tradition of throwing out ball on opening day

Word of the Day:
labile \LAY-byl\, adjective:
1. Open to change; apt or likely to change; adaptable.

Today is:
National Pecan Day
National Be Kind to Lawyers Day No thanks, I'll pass.
Pan American Day
International Moments of Laughter Day

Old 04-14-2009, 07:29 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,214,715 times
Today's Question(s):

How many kids were in your High School graduation class ?
99 - I think

Bonus Question:

Were there any special things your Senior class did ?
I don't know - if so I didn't participate - I had all my credits by the end of the first semester so "graduated" mid-term (I got my diploma after the graduation ceremony just like everyone else)

Extra Credit Question:

How many dictionaries do you have in your home ?
a few just not real sure where they might be...

Today is:
National Pecan Day Yum!
National Be Kind to Lawyers Day Really???
International Moments of Laughter Day Had a co-worker startle another one today! She screamed! It was funny!!

Old 04-14-2009, 08:20 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,636,165 times
[b]Today's Question(s):
How many kids were in your High School graduation class ? I attended H.S. for only 4 months. Mother was hospitalized and I had to stay home and take care of Daddy and siblings since I was the eldest. So basically, I never attended H.S. I had worked everyday after school and all day Saturdays at the age of 12 at a local family grocery store. At 14 worked full time on the night shift at a restaurant in downtown St. Louis. It wasn't until I was 24 that I finally took the GED test and passed!!! Then many college courses but no degree as of yet! Thinking of going back someday......at my age???????
How many dictionaries do you have in your home ? Many, very, very old and a few newer ones. I love dictionaries. I know, I know, computers have them also. But I just like the feel of a good book in my hands. Carry over from the 5th grade. My teacher was a stickler for using the dictionary and taught all of us to use them.
Word of the Day:
labile \LAY-byl\, adjective:
1. Open to change; apt or likely to change; adaptable.

Today is:
National Pecan Day....Pecan Pie...yes
National Be Kind to Lawyers Day ....May I ask why?????
Pan American Day
International Moments of Laughter Day[/quote]

Hello everyone. Hope that your day was a good day!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,416,835 times
Today's Question(s):

How many kids were in your High School graduation class ? ..I don't remember I guess 200 at the most

Bonus Question:

Were there any special things your Senior class did ?...Not that I remember other than ditch day

Extra Credit Question:

How many dictionaries do you have in your home ? ...1 I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics