Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:42 AM

2,409 posts, read 6,021,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Todays Question :

What does the outgoing message on your answering machine say ?

Extra Credit Question :

Do you use the same message on your cell phone ?

Bonus Question:

What is the funniest one you have ever used or heard ?

Mine is just the pre-recorded one that came on the machine. My cell phone is set up the same.

I did have a friend who had a cute message on their cell phone, but has since changed it, so lets see if I remember. It went along the lines of

"You have reached T----. Please leave a message after the beep. I am not responsible for the condition of messages left. There is no gaurantee that you will get your message back. If you would like your message back please enclose a self addressed stamped envelope and I will return your message in the same condition that it was left."

I have another friend who's cell phone message was....

"Hi you've reached K--. Leave a message because I just can't be bothered to pick up the phone. I will call you back when I feel like talking to you."

My friends are constantly changing their messages to funny ones, but I'm just too darn lazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 09:45 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,161,218 times
I'd bet my Bum, for a good shot of Rum...http://th261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/caseythepirate/th_morgan003.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-16-2008, 09:51 AM

534 posts, read 1,600,179 times
We use the normal, "you have reached...we aren't home right now, please leave a message." Simple and boring.

Cell phone is just hubby saying you have reached him, leave a message. We never use the cell. It's basically so his employee's can reach him(company pays for it).

Back in the day we used to record some favorite lines off of some of our favorite tv shows for our messages. We thought it was "cool"...Good times, good times...

As a diehard Wisconsinite, I'm all over National Bratwurst Day!

Old 08-16-2008, 10:02 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,161,218 times
http://th154.photobucket.com/albums/s255/Josef2000/Wurst/th_Bratwurst.jpg (broken link) &

Old 08-16-2008, 12:18 PM

24,683 posts, read 26,256,936 times
Just you have reached the phone of motormaker, please leave a message.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:07 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,027,431 times
Angry .

I simply tell them who they have reached and to leave a message, that I’ll return their call.

However I knew someone who had a message greeting on their answering machine that stated ~ “hello,,,,, helloo,,,,,,,, helloooooo,,,,,, I can’t hear you! Hellooooo!” Talk about a dog chasing it’s tail calling the nut, hanging up and retrying again and again before giving up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics