Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 08:20 PM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 6 days ago)

4,733 posts, read 3,303,581 times

Advertisements

Greetings, friends! Since last week at this time, here in the Chicago area we've gone from summer weather to winter weather; from 75 degrees to a snowy 34 degrees. Before I start shivering from the cold, I'd better post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever ridden a motorcycle?..........Yes

If so, were you the driver or a passenger?...........I’ve been both.

Have you ever owned a motorcycle?.........Yes

Have you ever ridden a moped or an electric bike?.........I’ve ridden a moped.

Do you wish they made a Big Wheel (TM) for adults? .........It wouldn’t thrill me.

Have you ever popped a wheelie on a bicycle?........Yes

BONUS QUESTIONS

Would you like to browse in a gift shop?..........To shop anywhere right now would feel wonderful. Covid has really limited my shopping.

Tell us about the last or a recent impulse buy you've made. ..........Chocolate

What is one of your favorite gifts you've ever received from a friend or relative?............An electronic photo frame filled with my family photos.

If you give someone a gift, do you prefer to wrap it or put it in a gift bag?.........Depends on the gift.

What was the largest (in size) gift you've ever given to someone, and did you wrap it?...........I got my husband a roll top desk for Christmas one year. I didn’t wrap it.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Build a taco with your favorite fillings: .........Taco meat, lettuce, onion, tomato and sauce.

When did you last eat an egg, and how was it prepared?............Last week I fixed scrambled eggs.

Have you ever put something in your microwave oven to cook but then forgot about it?.......Yep

Have you ever burned popcorn in a microwave oven?..........Yes, I accidentally hit the potato button.

If you want hot water for a beverage, do you heat the water:
  • in a kettle on the stove top?
  • in the microwave oven?.........
  • in a Keurig or similar machine?
  • other?

Do you have more than one set of salt and pepper shakers?.........Yes

Do you have a pepper grinder?......No

Do you have a coffee grinder? If so, do you ever use it to grind something besides coffee beans?........No to both.

Do you have a cheese grinder?.......No

That it for today's installment, boys and girls. Now go forth, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 08:51 PM

50 posts, read 37,553 times
Have you ever ridden a motorcycle? - Yes

If so, were you the driver or a passenger? - Passenger

Have you ever owned a motorcycle? - No but my dad did at one point..

Have you ever ridden a moped or an electric bike? - Nope

Do you wish they made a Big Wheel (TM) for adults? - No its ok

Have you ever popped a wheelie on a bicycle? - Nope

BONUS QUESTIONS

Would you like to browse in a gift shop? - Not really

Tell us about the last or a recent impulse buy you've made. - Hmmmm I cant remember!

What is one of your favorite gifts you've ever received from a friend or relative? - Hmmmm

If you give someone a gift, do you prefer to wrap it or put it in a gift bag? - Gift bag as I cant wrap well....

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Build a taco with your favorite fillings: Meat,Cheese,lettuce and that sauce that goes on it.....

When did you last eat an egg, and how was it prepared? - Long ago... Sunny side up

Have you ever put something in your microwave oven to cook but then forgot about it? - Nope,dont use it much

Have you ever burned popcorn in a microwave oven? - Nope

in a kettle on the stove top? Stove top or Kettle
in the microwave oven? - Nope
in a Keurig or similar machine? - Nope
other? - Nope

Do you have more than one set of salt and pepper shakers? - Yes

Do you have a pepper grinder? - No

Do you have a coffee grinder? If so, do you ever use it to grind something besides coffee beans? - Nope

Do you have a cheese grinder? - Yea

That was long!!

Old 10-28-2020, 04:45 AM

15,010 posts, read 8,328,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Greetings, friends! Since last week at this time, here in the Chicago area we've gone from summer weather to winter weather; from 75 degrees to a snowy 34 degrees. Before I start shivering from the cold, I'd better post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever ridden a motorcycle?

If so, were you the driver or a passenger?

Have you ever owned a motorcycle?

Have you ever ridden a moped or an electric bike?
When I was a Kid.
Do you wish they made a Big Wheel (TM) for adults?
lol....that would be more my speed nowadays.
Have you ever popped a wheelie on a bicycle?
As a child
BONUS QUESTIONS

Would you like to browse in a gift shop?
Not right now
Tell us about the last or a recent impulse buy you've made.
Can't recall any right off hand.
What is one of your favorite gifts you've ever received from a friend or relative?
Instapot from my Son last Christmas, a snowman cookie jar from a friend, Mug from a friend,
Coffee Grinder from my Son.

If you give someone a gift, do you prefer to wrap it or put it in a gift bag?
I have done both...depends.
What was the largest (in size) gift you've ever given to someone, and did you wrap it?
Computer for family, Video game system for Son...computer no, video game system yes.
EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Build a taco with your favorite fillings:
Chicken, cheese, spinach, tomatoes, salsa
When did you last eat an egg, and how was it prepared?
Over easy
Have you ever put something in your microwave oven to cook but then forgot about it?
Yes
Have you ever burned popcorn in a microwave oven?

• in a kettle on the stove top?
  • in the microwave oven?
  • in a Keurig or similar machine?
  • other?
Usually the Electric Kettle...sometimes microwave
Do you have more than one set of salt and pepper shakers?
I have two
Do you have a pepper grinder?

Do you have a coffee grinder? If so, do you ever use it to grind something besides coffee beans?
I have one yes, but only have used it for coffee beans.
Do you have a cheese grinder?
A grater

That it for today's installment, boys and girls. Now go forth, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Thanks Pammy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics