Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 06:44 PM

44,468 posts, read 20,252,965 times

Advertisements

Greetings. It has been a challenge for me this week. 2 days ago I forgot that one must lift his foot higher than the curb he is stepping onto. I guess I did not really need all of the skin that was on my knee. Even worse, I forgot to pick up some cheap beer while at the store. Shucks and darn! Hope your luck has turned around, Mutt!

Saturday's Questions:

-Has anyone had to shovel snow or scrape car windows yet? I haven't had to scrape ice off the car yet, but have had to brush off condensation which had not quite turned to frost.

-Do you keep tire chains in your vehicle? Nope.

-Have you ever put tire chains on your car? Nope.

-With it being Fall would you rather take a drive in the mountains or walk on the beach? Mountains, especially if they're forested. But I'd prefer to walk rather than drive. I love walking in wooded areas.

-Anyone planning to go snow skiing this winter? Probably not. If the Dunes National Lakeshore visitor center offers cross-country skiing this winter, I'd like to give it a try.

-Is it too early to think about Christmas shopping? Definitely not. I have four gifts purchased so far. I bought two of them in January. When I find just the right thing for someone I snatch it up right away and store it, hoping I'll remember where it is come Christmastime.

Time to step inside and warm up. It's pretty chilly here today (40s) and windy. But a nice glass of wine with dinner did the trick and I'm quite toasty now.

-Have you finished, or even started, your Fall house cleaning? I'm in the midst of a big cleaning and organizing project right now. It'll take me at least a week to accomplish, but at least I've gotten a good start.

-Whether on purpose. or it just happened, do you have lots of empty perscription pill bottles? Not at the moment. Just a couple of days ago I tore the labels off all the empty bottles and put them in the recycling bin.

Well I got to get going. My security moose says it wants to wear a costume on Halloween. Not a lot of costumes for sale for moose. Thanks for the way-fun Q's, Mutt! Now go and pop open a cold, cheap beer and put your feet up. Happy weekend, everyone.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-24-2020 at 06:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 07:16 PM

35,624 posts, read 17,561,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Greetings. It has been a challenge for me this week. 2 days ago I forgot that one must lift his foot higher than the curb he is stepping onto. I guess I did not really need all of the skin that was on my knee. Even worse, I forgot to pick up some cheap beer while at the store.

Saturday's Questions:

-Has anyone had to shovel snow or scrape car windows yet? Not even close, and it's New York.

-Do you keep tire chains in your vehicle? No.

-Have you ever put tire chains on your car? No.

-With it being Fall would you rather take a drive in the mountains or walk on the beach? They both have their beauties and glory.

-Anyone planning to go snow skiing this winter? Cross country

-Is it too early to think about Christmas shopping? Doesn't apply. I'm Jewish and I tip people in lieu of gifts.

Time to step inside and warm up. Not yet.

-Have you finished, or even started, your Fall house cleaning? Year-round cycle

-Whether on purpose. or it just happened, do you have lots of empty perscription pill bottles? No.

Well I got to get going. My security moose says it wants to wear a costume on Halloween. Not a lot of costumes for sale for moose. - I'm looking for a Dr. Fauci mask.
Thanks for starting thread. Answers above.

Old 10-24-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Saturday's Questions:

-Has anyone had to shovel snow or scrape car windows yet?
No, we're still hitting temps in the 70s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
-Has anyone had to shovel snow or scrape car windows yet?
not yet. 70 degrees today. That's way warm for us this time of year but didn't hear anyone complain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Forecast is for low 70's. Going to be another beautiful Autumn day. Enjoy your day!
Enjoy. Remember, this is La Niña.

Old 10-24-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Greetings. It has been a challenge for me this week. 2 days ago I forgot that one must lift his foot higher than the curb he is stepping onto. I guess I did not really need all of the skin that was on my knee. Even worse, I forgot to pick up some cheap beer while at the store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Thanks Mutt, here's a beer to aid in your recovery.
Mutt, a M'Sheberach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics