Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 08:41 AM

4,057 posts, read 2,935,552 times

Advertisements

While in your home country, have you seen a car license plate from a different country/nation (or another continent) ? === I haven't.

Do you own a can of spray paint ? === Nope.

Do you have a paint roller (wide tool that spins to apply paint evenly) ? === I do.

If you live where the holiday of Memorial Day is observed today, what is something in your life or neck of the woods:
-that is delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be different for that reason ? === Just mail delivery.
-that is *not* delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be the same as usual ? === Everything else.

Have you ever packed anything in/with “tissue paper” (not facial tissues…I mean similar to crepe paper),
whether wrapping up a gift you gave using new tissue paper-or by reusing tissue paper which came with a gift you received/purchase you made ? === I have.

Thanks cloven!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 09:49 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,912,078 times
[quote=cloven;58196888]Happy Monday May 25, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
While in your home country, have you seen a car license plate from a different country/nation (or another continent) ?
Nope
Extra Credit:
Do you own a can of spray paint ? I do.
Do you have a paint roller (wide tool that spins to apply paint evenly) ? Yes.

Bonus:
If you live where the holiday of Memorial Day is observed today…
what is something in your life or neck of the woods:
-that is delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be different for that reason ?
-that is *not* delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be the same as usual ?
It's not the same this year, nor was it last year. A friend of 40 years left us last year and I was with his family in the hospital. This year, it's just John and I and some ribs.
Just for Fun:
Have you ever packed anything in/with “tissue paper” (not facial tissues…I mean similar to crepe paper), Yes in a gift bag.
whether wrapping up a gift you gave using new tissue paper-or by reusing tissue paper which came with a gift you received/purchase you made ?

LINK —> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tissue_paper

Today in History:
1939: Birth of actor Ian McKellen (Lord of the Rings & Hobbit franchises)
1953: The first public (licensed as an educational nonprofit) television station goes on the air-KUHT in Houston, TX.
1963: Birth of actor, comedian, and screenwriter Mike Myers (Austin Powers)
1968: Formal dedication ceremony for St. Louis, Missouri’s Gateway Arch monument, by Vice President Hubert Humphrey
1972: Birth of actress & author Octavia Spencer (Snowpiercer)
1976: Birth of actor Cillian Murphy (Red Eye)
1977: Star Wars, the first film made in the series, hits movie screens

Today’s Word:
chicane /SHəˈkān/ (n.): A manufactured (not naturally occurring due to terrain) curve or turn in a road, or on a race course-esp. a sharp twist/serpentine shape that obstructs vehicle traffic, forcing it to slow.

Today Is:
Memorial Day (observed)
National Tap Dance Day (U.S.)
Nerd/Geek Pride Day
World Thyroid Day
Independence Day (Jordan)

-this week is-
Healthy and Safe Swimming Week

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are just above & to left of center and below & to the right of center-

Thought for the Day:
“Experiencing good, or even brilliantly dumb, art is a form of self-care.”

-tv critic James Poniewozik

Wishing all y’all a sane & safe final Monday in May

Thanks Cloven. Thank you for your service to our vets and lets include those in all front line services today.

Old 05-25-2020, 10:28 AM

24,716 posts, read 26,312,604 times
Today’s Question:
While in your home country, have you seen a car license plate from a different country/nation (or another continent) ?
Yes, Canada, Mexico and occasionally one from Europe.

Extra Credit:
Do you own a can of spray paint ?
More than1 but less than10.

Do you have a paint roller (wide tool that spins to apply paint evenly) ?
I have both wide and narrow.

Bonus:
Mail, rehash pick up, events scaled back at Riverside National Cemetery.

Newspaper delivery, oh and the QOTD.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever packed anything in/with “tissue paper” (not facial tissues…I mean similar to crepe paper),
whether wrapping up a gift you gave using new tissue paper-or by reusing tissue paper which came with a gift you received/purchase you made ?
We have done that.

Thanx Cloven, have a enjoyable holiday.

Last edited by motormaker; 05-25-2020 at 11:22 AM..

Old 05-25-2020, 11:06 AM

39,271 posts, read 23,266,418 times
Today’s Question:
While in your home country, have you seen a car license plate from a different country/nation (or another continent) ? Yes, I've seen license plates from Mexico and Canada.

Extra Credit:
Do you own a can of spray paint ? Not anymore.
Do you have a paint roller (wide tool that spins to apply paint evenly) ? Not anymore.

Bonus:
-that is delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be different for that reason ? No mail delivery, banks will be closed.
-that is *not* delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be the same as usual ? People out taking walks.

Just for Fun:
Yes

Happy Memorial Day!

Old 05-25-2020, 12:04 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,079,459 times
Happy Monday May 25, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
While in your home country, have you seen a car license plate from a different country/nation (or another continent)?
Yes, a few from Mexico and Canada mixed with a number of other states from around the country all seem to visit during the winter & spring here in the valley of the sun.
Extra Credit:
Do you own a can of spray paint?
Yes, several of them.
Do you have a paint roller (wide tool that spins to apply paint evenly)?
Yes but I think it's time to throw it out.
Bonus:
-that is delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be different for that reason?
The annual memorial day celebrations canceled here as well at the veterans cemetery didn't place the flags at each of the graves.
-that is *not* delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be the same as usual?
It appears that many of the clubs in Scottsdale were open for business at night and lots of young people were partying while drinking and enjoying the holiday.
Just for Fun:
whether wrapping up a gift you gave using new tissue paper-or by reusing tissue paper which came with a gift you received/purchase you made?

Yes, at times and when needed.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:03 PM

44,488 posts, read 20,304,990 times
Today’s Question:
While in your home country, have you seen a car license plate from a different country/nation (or another continent)? I've seen Canada plates several times. I've seen a couple of British license plates on the front of cars that were currently registered with U.S. plates. (Owners apparently kept the British plates as mementos.)

Extra Credit:
Do you own a can of spray paint? Yes. I have two: one black and one white.
Do you have a paint roller (wide tool that spins to apply paint evenly)? Yes.

Bonus:
-that is delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be different for that reason? Mail delivery; trash pickup. Our trash pickup day is Thursday, but when a holiday falls during the week then trash day for my neighborhood is delayed till Friday.
-that is *not* delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be the same as usual? Restaurants and some retail stores are open.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever packed anything in/with “tissue paper” (not facial tissues…I mean similar to crepe paper), whether wrapping up a gift you gave using new tissue paper-or by reusing tissue paper which came with a gift you received/purchase you made? I've done both: used new tissue paper and used used tissue paper. I think it's a shame to throw away tissue paper or wrapping paper that's not crumpled and is perfectly fine to use again.

Today’s Word:
chicane /SHəˈkān/ (n.): A manufactured (not naturally occurring due to terrain) curve or turn in a road, or on a race course-esp. a sharp twist/serpentine shape that obstructs vehicle traffic, forcing it to slow. That's a new one to me.

Today Is:
Memorial Day (observed) Happy holiday! This is the first Memorial Day ever that I didn't spend with friends at a party. To those who are able to celebrate with others today, count your blessings.
Nerd/Geek Pride Day
World Thyroid Day
-this week is-

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are just above & to left of center and below & to the right of center- That's a super-cool maze! Thanks for the Q's, cloven.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-25-2020 at 02:17 PM..

Old 05-25-2020, 02:32 PM

15,069 posts, read 8,384,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Happy Monday May 25, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
I don't really notice things like that much...but I do remember seeing a Canadian one a few times.
Extra Credit:
Do you have a paint roller (wide tool that spins to apply paint evenly) ?Not anymore

Bonus:
-that is delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be different for that reason ?Mail, trash removal
-that is *not* delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be the same as usual ? stores open

Just for Fun:

Today in History:
1939: Birth of actor Ian McKellen (Lord of the Rings & Hobbit franchises)
1953: The first public (licensed as an educational nonprofit) television station goes on the air-KUHT in Houston, TX.
1963: Birth of actor, comedian, and screenwriter Mike Myers (Austin Powers)
1968: Formal dedication ceremony for St. Louis, Missouri’s Gateway Arch monument, by Vice President Hubert Humphrey
1972: Birth of actress & author Octavia Spencer (Snowpiercer)
1976: Birth of actor Cillian Murphy (Red Eye)
1977: Star Wars, the first film made in the series, hits movie screens

Today’s Word:
chicane /SHəˈkān/ (n.): A manufactured (not naturally occurring due to terrain) curve or turn in a road, or on a race course-esp. a sharp twist/serpentine shape that obstructs vehicle traffic, forcing it to slow.

Today Is:
Memorial Day (observed)
Nerd/Geek Pride Day
World Thyroid Day

-this week is-

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are just above & to left of center and below & to the right of center-

Thought for the Day:
“Experiencing good, or even brilliantly dumb, art is a form of self-care.”

-tv critic James Poniewozik

Wishing all y’all a sane & safe final Monday in May

Old 05-25-2020, 03:44 PM

7,454 posts, read 5,563,387 times
Happy Monday May 25, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.[/i]

Today’s Question:
While in your home country, have you seen a car license plate from a different country/nation (or another continent) ? No

Extra Credit:
Do you own a can of spray paint ? No
Do you have a paint roller (wide tool that spins to apply paint evenly) ? Yes

Bonus:
-that is delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be different for that reason ? I think everything they normally do was cancelled.

Just for Fun:
[/color] Yes, I always use tissue paper for gifts.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:14 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,058,119 times
Today’s Question:
I have. However it has been a while

Extra Credit:
Do you own a can of spray paint ? No
Do you have a paint roller (wide tool that spins to apply paint evenly) ? No

Bonus:
-that is delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be different for that reason ? The mail
-that is *not* delayed by tomorrow’s holiday, will be the same as usual ? Me sleeping in

Just for Fun:
I have in the past, way in the past.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:14 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,435,031 times
Today’s Question:
Rarely see a plate for a Canadian province.
Just the other day, for first time, saw plate for an Asian country-it was in characters I didn't recognize, so couldn't tell if it was Chinese, Japanese, or another language.
The car was on a truck hauling new vehicles, don't know where it was coming from or going to-caught my eye since it was so unusual a sight.

Extra Credit:
Do you have a paint roller (wide tool that spins to apply paint evenly) ?

Bonus:
Mail delivery & recycle bin/compost pickup both delayed by a day.
It was still a Monday, yet felt like a Sunday-
so I kept thinking "OMG I have to post the Qs thread tonight !"...
and then remembering I'd already done that the night before
Objectively, posting the thread was the same as every week-subjectively, it felt different since it didn't "feel" like a Monday

Just for Fun:

Yes, have received gifts and bought items that came with tissue paper-
which I've reused to line my dresser drawers, they make for a nicer surface.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics