Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 06:54 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,018 times

Advertisements

Greetings, all! I hope your week started out better than mine did! Today I had two different teams of contractors in my home for two unrelated problems. I have to wait a few days for the estimates to resolve the bigger of the two problems, and I fear it's going to exceed $10,000. Holy [BLEEP]! So much for being financially comfortable in retirement. Anyhoo, before panic completely takes over my being, we'd better scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

If your home has a basement, did you ever have a problem with water leaking in? ..........No

Have you ever had a flood in your home?..........No

What was the last major appliance you had to have repaired in your house/apartment, and when did that happen? ..........It was a washer. It had to go to the shop for repairs. I was given a loaner washer. Great service!

What was the last major appliance you had to have replaced in your house/apartment, and when did that happen?.........I had a dishwasher replaced last year. My husband installed it.

Has your home ever sustained structural damage due to a natural occurrence (weather, earthquake, etc.)? ........Thankfully nothing.

In my area, tornado season is upon us. Are tornados ever a threat where you live? ..............Yes

If your home has rain gutters, do you periodically clean them yourself or do you pay someone to clean them for you? ....................My husband takes care of it. We don’t have many leaves so it isn’t a big issue.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When was the last time you sealed an envelope? ............Yesterday

When you first open a new magazine, do you pull out those annoying card-stock inserts advertising stuff? .............Sometimes

Do you read magazines while waiting in doctors' or other businesses' offices? ..........Not anymore. I read on my phone.

When you read a magazine, do you usually finish the whole thing in one sitting, or do you spread it out and read an article or two and then set it aside to read more another time? ............I read it several times.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

Do you like to watch boxing? .........No

Are there any boxes in the room you're sitting in right now? ...........I have some round wooden boxes for decor.

Do you own a jewelry box? ...........Yes, I have a small one and a free standing one.

Do you store your shoes in their original boxes? .............Not very often. I’ll will store special shoes in them.

If you need some large boxes for packing stuff, where do you go to get them from? .............Local stores.

Do you have any clothing packed away in boxes? .........No

That's all I can come up with at the moment, boys and girls. Thanks for playing! Now go forth, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness. ..........I always try to.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 07:37 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,004,316 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

If your home has a basement, did you ever have a problem with water leaking in?
No basement. Once lived in a basement apartment. On Fathers Day a water pipe burst in an upstairs unit. Got mighty wet in my place.

Have you ever had a flood in your home?
See above

What was the last major appliance you had to have repaired in your house/apartment, and when did that happen?
Never had an appliance repaired

What was the last major appliance you had to have replaced in your house/apartment, and when did that happen?
The only thing I had to replace was my water heater. This was almost 40 years ago. FYI...when draining a water heater do not, I repeat do not run the hose out onto the lawn. How do I know this very useful bit in information you ask? Learned this from the school of hard knocks. I drained my heater out onto the lawn. A few days later a rather large spot in my lawn was dead.

Has your home ever sustained structural damage due to a natural occurrence (weather, earthquake, etc.)?
Just from a woodpecker.

In my area, tornado season is upon us. Are tornados ever a threat where you live?
We get a small one every few years. Nothing to get excited over.

If your home has rain gutters, do you periodically clean them yourself or do you pay someone to clean them for you?
Someone does it for me.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When was the last time you sealed an envelope?
Last Feb when I mailed my renewal for my passport. Still waiting for my new passport. Maybe in a few more months.

When you first open a new magazine, do you pull out those annoying card-stock inserts advertising stuff?
Only if it is not attached

Do you read magazines while waiting in doctors' or other businesses' offices?
I read them all 20 years ago.

When you read a magazine, do you usually finish the whole thing in one sitting, or do you spread it out and read an article or two and then set it aside to read more another time?
Usually go cover to cover in one sitting

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

Do you like to watch boxing?
Yep

Are there any boxes in the room you're sitting in right now?
Nope

Do you own a jewelry box?
Nope

Do you store your shoes in their original boxes?
Nope

If you need some large boxes for packing stuff, where do you go to get them from?
Real large boxes I get from U Haul.

Do you have any clothing packed away in boxes?
Nope

That's all I can come up with at the moment, boys and girls. Thanks for playing! Now go forth, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:16 PM

307 posts, read 99,998 times
If your home has a basement, did you ever have a problem with water leaking in?

I live in a building and I do have a sort of a basement, but it's not very useful, because it can get flooded if we have too much rain.

Have you ever had a flood in your home?

Not in my flat, but the building's basement often gets flooded.

What was the last major appliance you had to have repaired in your house/apartment, and when did that happen?

A water heater last year.

What was the last major appliance you had to have replaced in your house/apartment, and when did that happen?

A refrigerator last year and a vacuum cleaner this year.

Has your home ever sustained structural damage due to a natural occurrence (weather, earthquake, etc.)?

Luckily not.

In my area, tornado season is upon us. Are tornados ever a threat where you live?

No, we don't have tornados.

If your home has rain gutters, do you periodically clean them yourself or do you pay someone to clean them for you?

I think that it is done by the service that takes care of the building.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When was the last time you sealed an envelope?

Last year.

When you first open a new magazine, do you pull out those annoying card-stock inserts advertising stuff?

Yes.

But, I rarely read magazines.

Do you read magazines while waiting in doctors' or other businesses' offices?

That's almost the only time when I read them.

When you read a magazine, do you usually finish the whole thing in one sitting, or do you spread it out and read an article or two and then set it aside to read more another time?

The second option.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

Do you like to watch boxing?

No!!!

Are there any boxes in the room you're sitting in right now?

Plenty.

Do you own a jewelry box?

Yes.

Do you store your shoes in their original boxes?

Some of them, yes.

If you need some large boxes for packing stuff, where do you go to get them from?

I buy them in a book store.

Do you have any clothing packed away in boxes?

Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics