Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 08:50 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,084,293 times

Advertisements

Want to take a personality test and find out if you are 1 of 16 personality types? It's very comprehensive and it's free and you don't have to give any personal information but it asks if you want your results sent to you. If I were you, I would choose not to have them send it to you. Read your results (about 3 or 4 pages) online so they don't need your e-mail address. Scroll down on this page to start the test and then after you do it come back to this thread at a later time and tell us what type of personality you are. I have done it myself when I stumbled on it looking for something else.

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

-----------------------------------------

1) Which song title best describes your current attitude on Coronavirus 19?

Don’t Stand So Close To Me – The Police
I’ll Stand By You – The Pretenders
Don’t Worry Be Happy – Bobby McFerrin
Not Afraid – Eminem
Takin’ Care of Business – Bachmann Turner Overdrive
I’m So Afraid – Fleetwood Mac

AT THE COMPUTER

For all of the computer questions below, I’m referring to a device that is NOT a smartphone. It could be a PC, a Mac, a desktop, a laptop, a notebook, etc.

2) Within the last 12 months, have you learned how to do anything new with your computer or with your computer software? (By “new” I mean it was new for you. It could have existed for months or years and you just didn’t know about it.)

3) If yes, is it because you had to (you ran into trouble, your old way became obsolete, update was done to your operating system and screwed up something you do regularly, etc.) or because you wanted to?

4) Do you use the F keys on your keyboard or do you do those functions some other way?

5) Do you ever take screen captures of video for single still image photos on your computer?
If no, is it because you don’t know how to do it?

6) What software have you purchased (as a disc or a download) for your computer that has nothing to do with games?

AT THE FAST FOOD DRIVE THRU

You are the driver of the vehicle. The following questions are about how you order food, at fast food drive thru with an intercom, when you are with someone.

7) Do you give their whole order then your whole order (or vice versa) or do you combine like items (like 2 small fries or 2 black coffees)?

8) Do you always (for example), order the drinks first, then the food, then the dessert? In other words, do you have an order routine of what you always start with and/or end with?

9) Do you order the items you are most likely to forget first or last?

10) Do you order the items that you have to modify/explain (examples: no pickle or no whipped cream or a medium shake in lieu of the soda that comes with the meal), first or last?

11) Are you ready to order and already know what your passenger wants as soon as you reach the intercom ?

12) Do you change your mind all of the time, sometimes, or never when you are at the intercom?

13) How often are you asked to repeat some or all of your order?

14) If it’s fairly often, do you think the problem might be with:

a) The way you order (see previous questions about ordering routine).
b) Your voice (too soft, you have an accent, you have a speech impediment).
c) You talk too fast.
d) The employee taking the order isn’t paying attention.
e) The employee taking the order isn't experienced.
f) The employee taking the order doesn’t have English as their first language.
g) Other

ODDS and ENDS

15) What do you do when you are taking multiple choice surveys that ask for your opinion, none of the answer choices apply and there is no “other” option?

16) What is your first reaction when a written question (any subject) is asked and someone gives a totally unrelated answer?

a) The reader has a reading comprehension problem.
b) The person can’t be bothered with reading the whole question.
c) The person doesn’t know the answer but doesn’t want to come across as stupid so they impart some other tidbit of knowledge as a diversion.
d) The question is poorly written.
e) The question presumes something that isn’t true and the responder wants no part of it.
f) Something else.

PHOTO

If I was on my vacation it would be planting season now for corn and other crops. What's nice about it is the trees have leaves but you can see the barns if they are not too far back from the road.

Last edited by LauraC; 05-08-2020 at 09:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2020, 08:58 PM

21,585 posts, read 8,757,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Want to take a personality test and find out if you are 1 of 16 personality types? It's very comprehensive and it's free and you don't have to give any personal information but it asks if you want your results sent to you. If I were you, I would choose not to have them send it to you. Read your results (about 3 or 4 pages) online so they don't need your e-mail address. Scroll down on this page to start the test and then after you do it come back to this thread at a later time and tell us what type of personality you are. I have done it myself when I stumbled on it looking for something else.

Not Afraid – Eminem

AT THE COMPUTER

For all of the computer questions below, I’m referring to a device that is NOT a smartphone. It could be a PC, a Mac, a desktop, a laptop, a notebook, etc.

2) Within the last 12 months, have you learned how to do anything new with your computer or with your computer software? (By “new” I mean it was new for you. It could have existed for months or years and you just didn’t know about it.)
No, not really.
3) If yes, is it because you had to (you ran into trouble, your old way became obsolete, An update was done to your operating system and screwed up something you do regularly, etc.) or because you wanted to?
N/A
4) Do you use the F keys on your keyboard or do you do those functions some other way?
I don't think I've ever used the F keys.
5) Do you ever take screen captures of video for single still image photos on your computer?
I've done that once or twice.

N/A
6) What software have you purchased (as a disc or a download) for your computer that has nothing to do with games?
I bought a word game called Alpha Omega. It's like crosswords, but all the letters are in the wrong order, and you have to rearrange them to solve the puzzles.

I really can't answer any of these because I don't go to fast food places or drive thrus.
You are the driver of the vehicle. The following questions are about how you order food, at fast food drive thru with an intercom, when you are with someone.

7) Do you give their whole order then your whole order (or vice versa) or do you combine like items (like 2 small fries or 2 black coffees)?

8) Do you always (for example), order the drinks first, then the food, then the dessert? In other words, do you have an order routine of what you always start with and/or end with?

10) Do you order the items that you have to modify/explain (examples: no pickle or no whipped cream or a medium shake in lieu of the soda that comes with the meal), first or last?

11) Are you ready to order and already know what your passenger wants as soon as you reach the intercom ?

12) Do you change your mind all of the time, sometimes, or never when you are at the intercom?

c) You talk too fast.
g) Other

ODDS and ENDS

15) What do you do when you are taking multiple choice surveys that ask for your opinion, none of the answer choices apply and there is no “other” option?
I pick the answer that is the least wrong.
16) What is your first reaction when a written question (any subject) is asked and someone gives a totally unrelated answer?

c) The person doesn’t know the answer but doesn’t want to come across as stupid so they impart some other tidbit of knowledge as a diversion.
e) The question presumes something that isn’t true and the responder wants no part of it.
f) Something else.

Thanks, LauraC! Now I'm off to take the personality test...
[Edit] I'm a Mediator, INFP-T.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:23 PM

11,389 posts, read 9,310,884 times

Not Afraid – Eminem

Takin’ Care of Business – Bachmann Turner Overdrive - This one.

Great question, btw.

AT THE COMPUTER

2) Within the last 12 months, have you learned how to do anything new with your computer or with your computer software? (By “new” I mean it was new for you. It could have existed for months or years and you just didn’t know about it.) - Navigating through the menus at the Daily Racing Form's web site and mastering Equibase (another horse racing web site) at the same time.

DRF gave me free money ($200.00) and so far so good. I'm winning with their money and have not used any of mine. I had to put in 200.00 to open the account to get it but there was no strings attached and I can get my money back at any time.

I hope this keeps up and I don't crash and burn.
I can see the races live on their web site.

3) If yes, is it because you had to (you ran into trouble, your old way became obsolete, update was done to your operating system and screwed up something you do regularly, etc.) or because you wanted to? - Latter. It appeared to good to be true but it's legitimate. A plug to them for their superior customer service.

4) Do you use the F keys on your keyboard or do you do those functions some other way? - No

- I'm kind of low tech, so...

6) What software have you purchased (as a disc or a download) for your computer that has nothing to do with games? - Word when I bought this computer about a year ago.

7) Do you give their whole order then your whole order (or vice versa) or do you combine like items (like 2 small fries or 2 black coffees)? - It's been years since I've done this.

c) You talk too fast.
f) The employee taking
the order doesn’t have English as their first language.
g) Other

N/A to all.

ODDS and ENDS

15) What do you do when you are taking multiple choice surveys that ask for your opinion, none of the answer choices apply and there is no “other” option? - I don't answer that particular answer.

f) Something else.
- IDK.

Thanks, Laura!

Old 05-08-2020, 09:25 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,584,282 times
No offense but I skipped that first part because I don't do those online tests

Don’t Stand So Close To Me – The Police A little bit of this one
Don’t Worry Be Happy – Bobby McFerrin Yup
Not Afraid – Eminem

AT THE COMPUTER

2) Within the last 12 months, have you learned how to do anything new with your computer or with your computer software? (By “new” I mean it was new for you. It could have existed for months or years and you just didn’t know about it.) Not that I can think of

3) If yes, is it because you had to (you ran into trouble, your old way became obsolete, update was done to your operating system and screwed up something you do regularly, etc.) or because you wanted to?

4) Do you use the F keys on your keyboard or do you do those functions some other way? Never used them

5) Do you ever take screen captures of video for single still image photos on your computer? Nope
If no, is it because you don’t know how to do it? Just because I hadn't ever thought about doing it

I guess the only software I've purchased is my anti virus

7) Do you give their whole order then your whole order (or vice versa) or do you combine like items (like 2 small fries or 2 black coffees)? Combine them

8) Do you always (for example), order the drinks first, then the food, then the dessert? In other words, do you have an order routine of what you always start with and/or end with? I've always ordered food then drink. Don't order many full meals with a dessert at a drive through. lol

9) Do you order the items you are most likely to forget first or last? First. Usually I have it all in memos on my phone and just read it

10) Do you order the items that you have to modify/explain (examples: no pickle or no whipped cream or a medium shake in lieu of the soda that comes with the meal), first or last? Either one. Order them when I think of them

11) Are you ready to order and already know what your passenger wants as soon as you reach the intercom ? Yup. If I ever have anybody in the car with me, which rarely happens, it will be my wife and she'll be sure to let me know

12) Do you change your mind all of the time, sometimes, or never when you are at the intercom? Never

13) How often are you asked to repeat some or all of your order? Rarely

c) You talk too fast.
g) I have no idea. Don't know what's going on inside, how many other things the employee is having to do at the same time as taking my order, if somebody is asking them something, etc.

ODDS and ENDS

15) What do you do when you are taking multiple choice surveys that ask for your opinion, none of the answer choices apply and there is no “other” option? I don't do surveys

f)See answer for #15

PHOTO

If I was on my vacation it would be planting season now for corn and other crops. What's nice about it is the trees have leaves but you can see the barns if they are not too far back from the road. Come to Kentucky. I've already seen corn coming up already.

Old 05-08-2020, 11:38 PM

307 posts, read 100,355 times
[URL]https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test[/URL]

I like that test. I'm an ENFJ.

Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know

Yes, I installed some free software for making photo collages.

I wanted to. I tried different similar applications and websites online and wanted to give that one a try, too.

Only F5.

I did in the past, but didn't like the quality of photos, so I stopped. Then I did it again when I played some movie game on another forum "Guess the movie from the picture".

Nothing. Everything I needed had already been installed when I bought the computer and there's everything I need online now or some free version of it, so I simply don't need to buy anything.

I've never used one.

It depends. If I have to take the survey - I choose something that is the closest to my answer, but if I don't have to, if I do it just for fun - I might even give up on the whole survey.

This definitely. I usually think: "Oh, no, another one whose attention span and patience were destroyed by mindless internet surfing!".

PHOTO

A very nice photo!

Old 05-09-2020, 12:28 AM

3,087 posts, read 1,691,457 times
Quote:

Not Afraid – Eminem

AT THE COMPUTER

2) Within the last 12 months, have you learned how to do anything new with your computer or with your computer software? (By “new” I mean it was new for you. It could have existed for months or years and you just didn’t know about it.) No, not in the past year.

4) Do you use the F keys on your keyboard or do you do those functions some other way? I do not.

If no, is it because you don’t know how to do it? I have done it on my small computer but don't like to. I still prefer to use a 'real' camera.

6) What software have you purchased (as a disc or a download) for your computer that has nothing to do with games? I've never downloaded games. But I've downloaded Google Earth and other maps.

7) Do you give their whole order then your whole order (or vice versa) or do you combine like items (like 2 small fries or 2 black coffees)? Separated

8) Do you always (for example), order the drinks first, then the food, then the dessert? In other words, do you have an order routine of what you always start with and/or end with? Main items, or combo #, then desserts (rare), then the drinks.

9) Do you order the items you are most likely to forget first or last? No particular order.

11) Are you ready to order and already know what your passenger wants as soon as you reach the intercom ? No. Not unless there's a pre-menu before you reach the intercom, which many places don't have.

12) Do you change your mind all of the time, sometimes, or never when you are at the intercom? Rarely

13) How often are you asked to repeat some or all of your order? Not often.

c) You talk too fast.
g) Other

ODDS and ENDS

15) What do you do when you are taking multiple choice surveys that ask for your opinion, none of the answer choices apply and there is no “other” option? Skip it if I can. If it doesn't let me proceed, I 'X' right out of it.

16) What is your first reaction when a written question (any subject) is asked and someone gives a totally unrelated answer? I shrug and assume that the person didn't understand the question.

f) Something else.

PHOTO

If I was on my vacation it would be planting season now for corn and other crops. What's nice about it is the trees have leaves but you can see the barns if they are not too far back from the road.
Thanks, Laura!

Old 05-09-2020, 08:12 AM

126,320 posts, read 19,108,777 times
Quote:

I’ll Stand By You – The Pretenders....this
Not Afraid – Eminem

AT THE COMPUTER

2) Within the last 12 months, have you learned how to do anything new with your computer or with your computer software? (By “new” I mean it was new for you. It could have existed for months or years and you just didn’t know about it.) No

4) Do you use the F keys on your keyboard or do you do those functions some other way? I used the Fn,F4,F5,F11 and F12 key

If no, is it because you don’t know how to do it? Never did and don't know how

6) What software have you purchased (as a disc or a download) for your computer that has nothing to do with games? I don't know very much about computers and it is my son who keeps the laptop in good shape and up to date

c) You talk too fast.
g) Other I never did FAST FOOD DRIVE THRU !

ODDS and ENDS

15) What do you do when you are taking multiple choice surveys that ask for your opinion, none of the answer choices apply and there is no “other” option? Skip if possible

a) The reader has a reading comprehension problem. a bit of this
f) Something else.

PHOTO

THANK YOU Laura

Old 05-09-2020, 08:51 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,913,983 times
[quote=LauraC;58061050]Want to take a personality test and find out if you are 1 of 16 personality types? It's very comprehensive and it's free and you don't have to give any personal information but it asks if you want your results sent to you. If I were you, I would choose not to have them send it to you. Read your results (about 3 or 4 pages) online so they don't need your e-mail address. Scroll down on this page to start the test and then after you do it come back to this thread at a later time and tell us what type of personality you are. I have done it myself when I stumbled on it looking for something else.

I’ll Stand By You – The Pretenders <----------
Not Afraid – Eminem

AT THE COMPUTER

2) Within the last 12 months, have you learned how to do anything new with your computer or with your computer software? (By “new” I mean it was new for you. It could have existed for months or years and you just didn’t know about it.) === The biggest "new" thing for me was getting used to using a new Chromebook. Beyond that, just getting used to the new OS was a challenge.

3) If yes, is it because you had to (you ran into trouble, your old way became obsolete, update was done to your operating system and screwed up something you do regularly, etc.) or because you wanted to? === Because I wanted to.

4) Do you use the F keys on your keyboard or do you do those functions some other way? === I don't.

If no, is it because you don’t know how to do it? === I've done it in the past but not recently.

6) What software have you purchased (as a disc or a download) for your computer that has nothing to do with games? === TurboTax for my Windows laptop.

7) Do you give their whole order then your whole order (or vice versa) or do you combine like items (like 2 small fries or 2 black coffees)? === Mine then theirs, though I can't remember the last time I did it.

8) Do you always (for example), order the drinks first, then the food, then the dessert? In other words, do you have an order routine of what you always start with and/or end with? === Food then drinks.

9) Do you order the items you are most likely to forget first or last? === I probably use a drive-through once a year, so you're getting into unfamiliar territory for me. Usually it would just be me and I'd be ordering a breakfast meal at MacDonalds, so I'd probably be saying "Number 4 with coffee".

10) Do you order the items that you have to modify/explain (examples: no pickle or no whipped cream or a medium shake in lieu of the soda that comes with the meal), first or last? === Nope.

11) Are you ready to order and already know what your passenger wants as soon as you reach the intercom ? === Probably.

12) Do you change your mind all of the time, sometimes, or never when you are at the intercom? === Sometimes.

13) How often are you asked to repeat some or all of your order? === Almost always.

b) Your voice (too soft, you have an accent, you have a speech impediment). <--------
c) You talk too fast.
g) Other

ODDS and ENDS

15) What do you do when you are taking multiple choice surveys that ask for your opinion, none of the answer choices apply and there is no “other” option? === Skip it.

16) What is your first reaction when a written question (any subject) is asked and someone gives a totally unrelated answer? ?

f) Something else.

PHOTO

If I was on my vacation it would be planting season now for corn and other crops. What's nice about it is the trees have leaves but you can see the barns if they are not too far back from the road. === Beautiful photo Laura. Sorry you're missing your planned trip. Thanks for the questions.

Old 05-09-2020, 10:15 AM

24,528 posts, read 26,076,264 times

Not Afraid – Eminem

AT THE COMPUTER

My ahaa moment is found out I could have multiple tabs open on a iPad.

I found ir accidentally after I somehow lost it.

No, not since the Mac SE.

Iv'e done it but rarely use it.

I do have to refresh my memory when I use it.

OfficeLibre, A MS Word and Excel clone.

I don't use them.

ODDS and ENDS

Depends on the survey, if it's for a favorite candy bar I might mark a couple of choices. If it's a Political one I trash it because they are manipulative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_poll

b) The person can’t be bothered with reading or understanding the whole question.
d) The question is poorly written intentionally to confuse the survey taker.
f) Something else.

Thanx LauraC, photo reminds me of barns in OH. Nice pix. I have 2 surveys on my desk right now, the political one gets trashed the other is a Push about taxes, one I'm gonna have fun with.

Old 05-09-2020, 10:43 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,936,336 times
Hello to all!

I am an Adventurer per the quiz.

Not Afraid – Eminem

AT THE COMPUTER

We replaced my hard drive back in January. It was a Christmas gift from my son because mine was bogging the machine down.

Yes... Worst part was it took forever for the machine to boot up.

I usually forget they are there! I do use them on my work computer.

I don't and I don't know how to do it either.

H&R Block tax prep

Combine

Meal, options, then drinks

I haven't forgotten anything that I know of.

Meal, options, then drinks.

Yes. I hate being unprepared.

On rare occasions

Sometimes they ask me to repeat.

c) You talk too fast.
g) Other

ODDS and ENDS

Pick the most neutral

f) Something else.

That's it for me. Have a great day, everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics