Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 03:46 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,179 times

Advertisements

Greetings, kids! I hope your week started out well. Scroll on down to see what Ms. PJ came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Name something you have, or had, that contains a chain. Battery powered chainsaw, bikes, rain chains

Have you ever ridden a bicycle when the chain fell off its track? Don't remember ever having that happen.

Do you own anything that has a pull cord? Light in one closet, boogie boards and inflatable pool floats for the kids

Do you have a dimmer switch on any light fixture in your home? In several rooms

Have you ever driven a car that has a push-button starter switch? My 2015 Outback
BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you own a rubber stamp? If so, is it self-inking or does it require a separate ink pad? I do, many. One I especially like. I have the stamp my mother used to "check out" books to her grands. It was quite a process & they loved it. I think most, if not all my stamps require ink pads.

Do you own a ball or spool of string? Spool

Do you have some rubber bands? Do

Do you have any safety pins? Do. A year ago I was helping some kids get ready for a dance recital. One needed a safety pin for her dress & I didn't have one, so now I keep several pinned to the lining of my purse.

How about a hole punch: got one? Probably a few in boxes of old school supplies.

Have you ever used those little adhesive rings that reinforce the holes in hole-punched paper? Long ago.

How often do you use a twist tie (bag closure)? Not often. I usually throw them out.

How many 3-ring binders do you have in your home? One that I can think of. I gave the binders from school to other teachers when cleaning out my classroom.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What documents have you had notarized? Affidavit

Do you personally know a notary public? Several

How many paper titles do you hold for vehicles, homes or other items? Home, family property, car

Do you rent a safe deposit box at a bank? Don't

Do you have a passport? Yes If so, what year will it expire? 2022, I think.

That's it for this installment of Q's, boys and girls. Now go forth, be well, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness. Thanks, Pam! Hope you don't lose power!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 05:21 AM

126,304 posts, read 19,086,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Greetings, kids! I hope your week started out well. Scroll on down to see what Ms. PJ came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Name something you have, or had, that contains a chain. bicycles, bicycle
locks,snow chains,garage doors have a chain in case I have to use it manually,bracelet,necklace

Have you ever ridden a bicycle when the chain fell off its track? Yes

Do you own anything that has a pull cord? Lawnmower

Do you have a dimmer switch on any light fixture in your home? Yes I do

Have you ever driven a car that has a push-button starter switch? Yes
BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you own a rubber stamp? If so, is it self-inking or does it require a separate ink pad? It has a separate ink pad

Do you own a ball or spool of string? Yes I have many colors in my sewing kit

Do you have some rubber bands? Plenty

Do you have any safety pins? Yes I do

How about a hole punch: got one? I still have one

Have you ever used those little adhesive rings that reinforce the holes in hole-punched paper? Yes in high school,they came in a variety of colors

How often do you use a twist tie (bag closure)? Daily

How many 3-ring binders do you have in your home? 5

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What documents have you had notarized? Properties,will with power of attorney

Do you personally know a notary public? Yes

How many paper titles do you hold for vehicles, homes or other items? Properties,home and car

Do you rent a safe deposit box at a bank? If so, when did you last open the box? Used to

Do you have a passport? If so, what year will it expire? I just recently renewed it for 10 years

That's it for this installment of Q's, boys and girls. Now go forth, be well, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

THANK YOU Pammy

Old 04-21-2020, 06:19 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,282,223 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Name something you have, or had, that contains a chain. ..........Necklace and bicycle.

Have you ever ridden a bicycle when the chain fell off its track?............Yes, I had a ten speed that had chain issues.

Do you own anything that has a pull cord?...........Window blinds, weed eater and leaf blower

Do you have a dimmer switch on any light fixture in your home?...........No

Have you ever driven a car that has a push-button starter switch?...........My last two vehicles have had this feature.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you own a rubber stamp? If so, is it self-inking or does it require a separate ink pad?.........Yes, it needs an ink pad.

Do you own a ball or spool of string?.........No

Do you have some rubber bands?.........Yes

Do you have any safety pins?.........Yes

How about a hole punch: got one?..........Yes

Have you ever used those little adhesive rings that reinforce the holes in hole-punched paper?.........Yes, when I was a kid.

How often do you use a twist tie (bag closure)? ...........I use one most days because the bread/hamburger buns both have twist ties.

How many 3-ring binders do you have in your home?............Lots of them. They hold bank statements and business documents.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What documents have you had notarized?...............Insurance documents.

Do you personally know a notary public?............I used to be one. I know others who currently are notaries.

How many paper titles do you hold for vehicles, homes or other items?.......Between our multiple personal vehicles and all the farm trucks and trailers we have a lot of titles.

Do you rent a safe deposit box at a bank? If so, when did you last open the box?.................Yes, I think it was late last fall.

Do you have a passport? If so, what year will it expire?.........No I don’t have a passport.

That's it for this installment of Q's, boys and girls. Now go forth, be well, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness. .............

Old 04-21-2020, 06:40 AM

7,378 posts, read 5,492,216 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Name something you have, or had, that contains a chain. basement ceiling light

Have you ever ridden a bicycle when the chain fell off its track? yes

Do you own anything that has a pull cord? no

Do you have a dimmer switch on any light fixture in your home? yes

Have you ever driven a car that has a push-button starter switch? yes
BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you own a rubber stamp? No. If so, is it self-inking or does it require a separate ink pad?

Do you own a ball or spool of string? yes

Do you have some rubber bands? yes

Do you have any safety pins? yes

How about a hole punch: got one? no

Have you ever used those little adhesive rings that reinforce the holes in hole-punched paper? yes

How often do you use a twist tie (bag closure)? all the time

How many 3-ring binders do you have in your home? I might, not sure.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What documents have you had notarized? I can’t remember

Do you personally know a notary public? yes

How many paper titles do you hold for vehicles, homes or other items? six

Do you rent a safe deposit box at a bank? No. If so, when did you last open the box?

Do you have a passport? Yes. If so, what year will it expire? It will expire at the beginning of next year.

That's it for this installment of Q's, boys and girls. Now go forth, be well, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:53 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,568,157 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Name something you have, or had, that contains a chain. Just bicycles

Have you ever ridden a bicycle when the chain fell off its track? Many times. Even broke the chain on a tandem bike, riding it by myself

Do you own anything that has a pull cord? Yup. Got a light in the garage

Do you have a dimmer switch on any light fixture in your home? Yup. Dining room

Have you ever driven a car that has a push-button starter switch? Nope
BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you own a rubber stamp? If so, is it self-inking or does it require a separate ink pad? Not any more, but ran a rubber stamp company in our basement in the 70s and 80s that kept us pretty busy

Do you own a ball or spool of string? Yup

Do you have some rubber bands? Yup

Do you have any safety pins? Yup

How about a hole punch: got one? Yup

Have you ever used those little adhesive rings that reinforce the holes in hole-punched paper? Think we ran out

How often do you use a twist tie (bag closure)? Best place for them is in the trash

How many 3-ring binders do you have in your home? Quite a few. My wife is a geneologist so uses the binders and those little adhesive rings from time to time

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What documents have you had notarized? Living will, car title transfer

Do you personally know a notary public? Yup

How many paper titles do you hold for vehicles, homes or other items? 2

Do you rent a safe deposit box at a bank? If so, when did you last open the box? Nope

Do you have a passport? If so, what year will it expire? Nope. Ours expired quite a few years ago

Old 04-21-2020, 08:21 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,911,835 times
Name something you have, or had, that contains a chain. === Bike.

Have you ever ridden a bicycle when the chain fell off its track? === Yes, when I was a kid.

Do you own anything that has a pull cord? === My ceiling fans.

Do you have a dimmer switch on any light fixture in your home? === I do.

Have you ever driven a car that has a push-button starter switch? === Yes.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you own a rubber stamp? If so, is it self-inking or does it require a separate ink pad? === I don't.

Do you own a ball or spool of string? === Nope.

Do you have some rubber bands? === I do.

Do you have any safety pins? === Yes.

How about a hole punch: got one? === Yes.

Have you ever used those little adhesive rings that reinforce the holes in hole-punched paper? === I have.

How often do you use a twist tie (bag closure)? === Every day.

How many 3-ring binders do you have in your home? === Probably a half dozen.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What documents have you had notarized? === Will, Medical and Financial Power of Attorney.

Do you personally know a notary public? === I do.

How many paper titles do you hold for vehicles, homes or other items? === Two.

Do you rent a safe deposit box at a bank? If so, when did you last open the box? === I don't.

Do you have a passport? If so, what year will it expire? === I do. It expires in 2029.

Thanks Pam!

Old 04-21-2020, 08:45 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,351,757 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Name something you have, or had, that contains a chain. Our travel trailer safety chains.

Have you ever ridden a bicycle when the chain fell off its track? Yes, years ago.

Do you own anything that has a pull cord? Lawnmower, Outboard motor, rototiller, pressure washer, chipper/shredder, chainsaw.

Do you have a dimmer switch on any light fixture in your home? Yes, two, entry, and dining room.

Have you ever driven a car that has a push-button starter switch? Yes, a 2013 Challenger.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you own a rubber stamp? If so, is it self-inking or does it require a separate ink pad? Yes, self inking.

Do you own a ball or spool of string? Several

Do you have some rubber bands? No

Do you have any safety pins? No

How about a hole punch: got one? Yes

Have you ever used those little adhesive rings that reinforce the holes in hole-punched paper? MANY years ago when in school.

How often do you use a twist tie (bag closure)? Often, usually in the garden.

How many 3-ring binders do you have in your home? 3

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What documents have you had notarized? Home purchase and sale agreements

Do you personally know a notary public? I have 4 of them working for me

How many paper titles do you hold for vehicles, homes or other items? 3

Do you rent a safe deposit box at a bank? If so, when did you last open the box? No

Do you have a passport? If so, what year will it expire? This coming summer

Old 04-21-2020, 10:00 AM

24,503 posts, read 26,045,935 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Name something you have, or had, that contains a chain.
Ceiling fans, bikes, necklace.

Have you ever ridden a bicycle when the chain fell off its track?
Yes, ouch.

Do you own anything that has a pull cord?
Blinds, garage door release.

Do you have a dimmer switch on any light fixture in your home?
No

Have you ever driven a car that has a push-button starter switch?
Yes

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you own a rubber stamp? If so, is it self-inking or does it require a separate ink pad?
We did have a self inker, don't know if we still have it.

Do you own a ball or spool of string?
Yes

Do you have some rubber bands?
Yep

Do you have any safety pins?
We do.

How about a hole punch: got one?
1.3 and 5 holers.

Have you ever used those little adhesive rings that reinforce the holes in hole-punched paper?
Yes

How often do you use a twist tie (bag closure)?
Me not often, but I used 1 this morning just before I started doing these Q's.

How many 3-ring binders do you have in your home?
More that 5, less than 20.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What documents have you had notarized?
Wife has to yearly have notarized a document that she is still alive ignorer to collect a pension. other than that, real estate and misc. documents.

Do you personally know a notary public?
No, AAA is our go to place.

How many paper titles do you hold for vehicles, homes or other items?
3, house, car and boat.

Do you rent a safe deposit box at a bank? If so, when did you last open the box?

Do you have a passport? If so, what year will it expire?
It's expired.

Thanx Ms Pam, very nice selection of Q's.

Old 04-21-2020, 10:37 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,927,965 times
Hello to all!

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Name something you have, or had, that contains a chain.
Bicycle, car (timing chain), trailer (hitch), cuckoo clock, etc.

Have you ever ridden a bicycle when the chain fell off its track?
Oh yeah, several times.

Do you own anything that has a pull cord?
Pressure washer, tiller, etc.

Do you have a dimmer switch on any light fixture in your home?
Not at this time.

Have you ever driven a car that has a push-button starter switch?
We have one now.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you own a rubber stamp? If so, is it self-inking or does it require a separate ink pad?
Yes, I have one with my signature. It's a self-inking one.

Do you own a ball or spool of string?
I have two spools of colored string for use outdoors.

Do you have some rubber bands?
Yes, we keep some in the "junk drawer" in the kitchen.

Do you have any safety pins?
In my wife's sewing kit.

How about a hole punch: got one?
I have two; a handheld single punch and a desktop three-hole punch.

Have you ever used those little adhesive rings that reinforce the holes in hole-punched paper?
Many years ago.

How often do you use a twist tie (bag closure)?
Every time I use our bread.

How many 3-ring binders do you have in your home?
I have a bunch. They are mostly filled with papers for work or personal matters.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What documents have you had notarized?
In NC, we have to have car sales notarized.

Do you personally know a notary public?
Yes, a co-worker.

How many paper titles do you hold for vehicles, homes or other items?
Four right now.

Do you rent a safe deposit box at a bank? If so, when did you last open the box?
No. We stopped that years ago.

Do you have a passport? If so, what year will it expire?
I do, but as I said the other day, I lost mine when I came home from a business trip in Feb. 2020.

Well, that's it for me. Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 04-21-2020, 12:35 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,418,446 times
Name something you have, or had, that contains a chain. - Bike

Have you ever ridden a bicycle when the chain fell off its track? Yes and still have the scar from the fall.

Do you own anything that has a pull cord? - Sure....chainsaw is one of them.

Do you have a dimmer switch on any light fixture in your home? - Just one.

Have you ever driven a car that has a push-button starter switch? - Not a car but our 4 wheeler does.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you own a rubber stamp? - No

Do you own a ball or spool of string? - Twine yes and thread

Do you have some rubber bands? - Yes

Do you have any safety pins? - Yes

How about a hole punch: got one? - No

Have you ever used those little adhesive rings that reinforce the holes in hole-punched paper? It's been decades but yes.

How often do you use a twist tie (bag closure)? - Rarely

How many 3-ring binders do you have in your home? - About 6. 3 are mine. One os the goat and animal book, one for recipes, and one for rv park brochures.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What documents have you had notarized? - Will, Living Will and Power of Attorney.

Do you personally know a notary public? - No

How many paper titles do you hold for vehicles, homes or other items? - Car, van, motorcycle, 4 wheeler, trailer and house.

Do you rent a safe deposit box at a bank? If so, when did you last open the box? - No

Do you have a passport? If so, what year will it expire? - It has long since expired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics