Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 06:44 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,931,547 times

Advertisements

Is there some kind of weird or unusual thing or things that you can do that have no real value but it’s fun to do? === I can read all of the braille notices on elevators, hotel rooms and other public places.

Is your hair thick, thin, curly or straight? === Thick and wavy.

Do you color your hair? === I do.

Are you pleased with it or do you wish you had different hair? === I'm fine with what I have.

Do you get regular manicures or pedicures? === I don't.

Why or why not? === Not something I ever think of doing.

Do you go to the Dentist every 6 months, once a year, even less or not at all? === Every 4 months or so for cleaning.

How many times a day do you brush your teeth? === At least twice.

When someone offers you a mint do you wonder if it is because you have bad breath? Asking for a friend. === Never thought about it. Now I will.

Ladies, do you wear make-up even when you’re not going out? === I don't.

Thanks for the questions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 07:01 AM

3,276 posts, read 5,054,999 times
Hi everyone and welcome to the Questions of the Day for Wednesday March 25, 2020. I am just filling in today so the Wednesday slot is still open if anyone is interested. Here we go!

I was asked to name the artists of the songs on the old Top 40 countdown with Kasey Kasem recently and I did very well. I’m kind of a trivia freak with music and entertainment so I named off all the artists except for 2 out of the 40. Trivia is a family obsession -- my dad used to say we are the world's greatest collectors of useless information.

Is there some kind of weird or unusual thing or things that you can do that have no real value but it’s fun to do? I can write in cursive backwards as fast as I can write forwards. Problem is, I can't read what I've written unless I hold it up to a mirror.

My hair has been falling out for many years but now it’s gotten to where I have to use special mediciny smelling products to stop it from falling out any further. I don’t color it anymore just for that reason. I figure white/gray hair is better than no hair.

Is your hair thick, thin, curly or straight? Thick and slightly wavy.

Do you color your hair? I used to, for many years, but I stopped when I retired 11 years ago.

Are you pleased with it or do you wish you had different hair? I love it. It's not gray, it's silver.

I’ve only had my nails done professionally one time. I didn’t like it because they were too long and just got in the way. Pedicures on the other hand….well that’s just heavenly. This question is for men too.

Do you get regular manicures or pedicures? I used to get regular mani-pedis until I got a fungus infection, and I quit. That was about a year ago. I'm OK with naked nails.

Why or why not? See previous answer.

I go to the dentist every 6 months like I’m supposed to but I do not enjoy it. It’s like…..pulling teeth. But I have to if I want to keep what’s left of my teeth.

Do you go to the Dentist every 6 months, once a year, even less or not at all? I go for a cleaning every four months, so three times a year. I had gum surgery about 25 years ago, and I never want a repeat of that experience.

How many times a day do you brush your teeth? (no judgement here, just dumb questions) Twice a day, and floss every night before bed, because of the previously-mentioned gum surgery.

When someone offers you a mint do you wonder if it is because you have bad breath? Asking for a friend. No one ever offers me a mint. I'm always the one offering other people mints.

Ladies, do you wear make-up even when you’re not going out? No, only when I'm going out.

Men, do you wear make-up at all? I don’t expect any yes answers but it was fun to ask.

That’s it for today. Sorry I had to post this so early but I’m not a morning person and chances are it would be late morning before I got around to it. So have a great Wednesday.

Thanks for the questions. Stay healthy, everyone!

Old 03-25-2020, 07:21 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,553,817 times
I was asked to name the artists of the songs on the old Top 40 countdown with Kasey Kasem recently and I did very well. I’m kind of a trivia freak with music and entertainment so I named off all the artists except for 2 out of the 40.
Is there some kind of weird or unusual thing or things that you can do that have no real value but it’s fun to do? Since we have to be home, we are watching more TV, I’ve found I’m good at word games. Like Wheel of Fortune.

My hair has been falling out for many years but now it’s gotten to where I have to use special mediciny smelling products to stop it from falling out any further. I don’t color it anymore just for that reason. I figure white/gray hair is better than no hair.

Is your hair thick, thin, curly or straight? Thin and straight

Do you color your hair? I lighten it.

Are you pleased with it or do you wish you had different hair? I always wished I had thicker hair.

I’ve only had my nails done professionally one time. I didn’t like it because they were too long and just got in the way. Pedicures on the other hand….well that’s just heavenly. This question is for men too.

Do you get regular manicures or pedicures? No

Why or why not? I can’t stand anyone touching my feet. I can do my own manicure.

I go to the dentist every 6 months like I’m supposed to but I do not enjoy it. It’s like…..pulling teeth. But I have to if I want to keep what’s left of my teeth.

Do you go to the Dentist every 6 months, once a year, even less or not at all? I go once a year maybe longer.

How many times a day do you brush your teeth? Twice
(no judgement here, just dumb questions)

When someone offers you a mint do you wonder if it is because you have bad breath? Asking for a friend. no

Ladies, do you wear make-up even when you’re not going out? No

Men, do you wear make-up at all? I don’t expect any yes answers but it was fun to ask

That’s it for today. Sorry I had to post this so early but I’m not a morning person and chances are it would be late morning before I got around to it. So have a great Wednesday.

Thank you the Q’s!

Old 03-25-2020, 08:06 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,879,076 times
I was asked to name the artists of the songs on the old Top 40 countdown with Kasey Kasem recently and I did very well. I’m kind of a trivia freak with music and entertainment so I named off all the artists except for 2 out of the 40.
Is there some kind of weird or unusual thing or things that you can do that have no real value but it’s fun to do? No, no talents like that.

Is your hair thick, thin, curly or straight? Thinner than it used to be. Some curl to it, especially so when it rains.

Do you color your hair? I do. I bought a box of hair coloring yesterday.

Are you pleased with it or do you wish you had different hair? I always wanted straighter hair and would jokingly blame my mother for the curls. When I was a baby she would use something called Nestles to make my hair curl. I just looked and it's still being made. Poor kids.

Do you get regular manicures or pedicures? Don't

Why or why not? I prefer to spend my money on other things.

Do you go to the Dentist every 6 months, once a year, even less or not at all? Every six months.

When someone offers you a mint do you wonder if it is because you have bad breath? Asking for a friend. Sometimes I do wonder, because I've offered mints to people with bad breath.

Ladies, do you wear make-up even when you’re not going out? Don't & minimal even when going out.

Men, do you wear make-up at all? I don’t expect any yes answers but it was fun to ask Still laughing over wit-nit's answer.....

That’s it for today. Sorry I had to post this so early but I’m not a morning person and chances are it would be late morning before I got around to it. So have a great Wednesday Thanks, N/S!

Old 03-25-2020, 08:36 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
45,066 posts, read 82,368,103 times
Is there some kind of weird or unusual thing or things that you can do that have no real value but it’s fun to do? Hmmm, useless talents? I can do that thing where you form circles over your head with one hand while doing them in the opposite rotation in front of your chest.

Is your hair thick, thin, curly or straight? Wavy

Do you color your hair? No, I let the gray take over

Are you pleased with it or do you wish you had different hair? I'm just happy to still have hair!

Do you get regular manicures or pedicures? Never

Why or why not? (Male) Don't care what my nails look like as long as they are clean and don't interfere with using my fingers.

Do you go to the Dentist every 6 months, once a year, even less or not at all? Normally 6 mo., and it's a miserable experience every time.

When someone offers you a mint do you wonder if it is because you have bad breath? Asking for a friend. Yes, though usually they have one first.

Ladies, do you wear make-up even when you’re not going out? n/a

Men, do you wear make-up at all? I don’t expect any yes answers but it was fun to ask No

Old 03-25-2020, 10:05 AM

24,696 posts, read 26,281,122 times
Hi everyone and welcome to the Questions of the Day for Wednesday March 25, 2020. I am just filling in today so the Wednesday slot is still open if anyone is interested. Here we go!

Is there some kind of weird or unusual thing or things that you can do that have no real value but it’s fun to do?
I know the addresses of all 11 places where I have lived from birth to 2020.

Is your hair thick, thin, curly or straight?
What have I did have was thin and wirey.

Do you color your hair?
Ahh, NO.

Are you pleased with it or do you wish you had different hair?
I'm liking the Teddy Savalas look.

Do you get regular manicures or pedicures?
I do get pedicures.

Why or why not?
The spinal stenosis anf arthritis in my back makes bending over uncomfortable plus I get gift cards that cover the cost.

Do you go to the Dentist every 6 months, once a year, even less or not at all?
1X

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?
2X

When someone offers you a mint do you wonder if it is because you have bad breath? Asking for a friend.
Never been offered one, but if offered I'd take it.

Ladies, do you wear make-up even when you’re not going out?

Men, do you wear make-up at all? I don’t expect any yes answers but it was fun to ask
Oly when going to a Halloween party.

That’s it for today. Sorry I had to post this so early but I’m not a morning person and chances are it would be late morning before I got around to it. So have a great Wednesday
Thanx Northsouth for a great selection of Q's. Ya dun good.

Old 03-25-2020, 10:52 AM

8,878 posts, read 14,001,917 times
Hi to all... Thanks for the QOTD, NorthSouth!

Is there some kind of weird or unusual thing or things that you can do that have no real value but it’s fun to do?
I usually excel in music trivia as well. I tend to know a lot of useless stuff. Did you know the square root of 10 is 3.16227766?

My hair is still thick.

Do you color your hair?
Nope, the gray is doing that for me.

I would be perfectly fine with my hair if I could get rid of the two unfortunately placed cowlicks.

Never been to a mani-pedi type place. The wife doesn't do that stuff either.

I go every 4 - 5 months. I've had a lot of work done in my mouth over the past few years, so they want to see me more frequently than most. Yay...

Once and sometimes twice per day.

When someone offers you a mint do you wonder if it is because you have bad breath? Asking for a friend.
I haven't had anyone offer...

Nope. No makeup, no jewelry, no anything!

Well, that's it for me. Have a great day, everyone!

Old 03-25-2020, 11:46 AM

44,477 posts, read 20,273,814 times
Hi everyone and welcome to the Questions of the Day for Wednesday March 25, 2020. I am just filling in today so the Wednesday slot is still open if anyone is interested. Thanks, northsouth! Here we go!

Is there some kind of weird or unusual thing or things that you can do that have no real value but it’s fun to do? Haha! Much of what I know has no real value. Hmmm, what can I come up with for this post? I know: I can determine the species of a tree by looking at a piece of its bark. (Not all, of course, but I'm pretty good at using this means to identify trees native to the Midwest.)

Is your hair thick, thin, curly or straight? Fairly thin and fine, though the more grey that comes in the more thickness and body my hair has. My hair is naturally curly but not kinky unless it's really warm and humid outdoors.

Do you color your hair? Nope. Never have. I've been a natural blonde all my life, and though I have some grey now it doesn't show much. I embrace the grey, so I don't mind that it's showing more with each passing year.

Are you pleased with it or do you wish you had different hair? Though it can get scraggly looking sometimes, I love the color of my hair and I like the curls. I used to fight the curls and try to straighten them out, until my new (many years ago) stylist told me to stop it and enjoy the free curls. He said something like, "People pay me a fortune to put curls in your hair, but you get them for free. Don's mess that up!"

Do you get regular manicures or pedicures? I've never had either.

Why or why not? I don't like the idea of someone holding onto my hand for any length of time. I'm a bit claustrophobic and to me that would feel like confinement. I'd like to try a pedicure sometime, but just haven't been able to justify the expense.

Do you go to the Dentist every 6 months, once a year, even less or not at all? Yes, except I suspect my April appointment will be postponed due to all that's going on these days.

(no judgement here, just dumb questions) At least two; sometimes three.

When someone offers you a mint do you wonder if it is because you have bad breath? Asking for a friend. Nope.

Ladies, do you wear make-up even when you’re not going out? No. If no one is going to see me, I'll skip wearing makeup that day.

That’s it for today. Sorry I had to post this so early but I’m not a morning person and chances are it would be late morning before I got around to it. So have a great Wednesday You did a great job! Thank you! Be safe and have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-25-2020 at 11:58 AM..

Old 03-25-2020, 03:11 PM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 10 days ago)

4,735 posts, read 3,307,556 times

Is there some kind of weird or unusual thing or things that you can do that have no real value but it’s fun to do?..............I can usually relate an older song that I hear to the year because of which type of car I was driving as my dealer demo. I can’t do this nowadays because I drive my own vehicle.

Is your hair thick, thin, curly or straight?...............It’s fine and is hard to style.

Do you color your hair?........Yes

Are you pleased with it or do you wish you had different hair?...........I’d love to have really thick hair.

Do you get regular manicures or pedicures?............Pedicures! I had one before I went to Florida. I need another but my state is in shelter in place mode. Looks like I’ll have to do my own toes.

Why or why not?........^^^^^ I always do my own nails. I have very nice natural nails. The tools that the salons use are too aggressive and damage my nails.

Do you go to the Dentist every 6 months, once a year, even less or not at all?............I usually go once a year.

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?...........Twice a day and more if needed.

When someone offers you a mint do you wonder if it is because you have bad breath? Asking for a friend. ..............I’ll admit it always make me wonder.

Ladies, do you wear make-up even when you’re not going out?........Most of the time.

That’s it for today. Sorry I had to post this so early but I’m not a morning person and chances are it would be late morning before I got around to it. So have a great Wednesday

Old 03-26-2020, 12:06 AM

15,030 posts, read 8,347,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post

Probably everything that I do, but I can think of no specific example.

Thin, difficult to style and use to be naturally curly when I was a kid.
Do you color your hair?
No
I want hair like the ladies in those shampoo commercials have.

No
Why or why not?
Not really interested...I do it myself, don't like the idea of someone else doing it.

Use to go regularly as a kid and young adult, haven't been in a long time now...but still have all my teeth, no toothaches,etc.
3 or 4 times a day...plus I usually floss daily and use fluoride rinse.
No one has offered me one!!! I probably would wonder.
Ladies, do you wear make-up even when you’re not going out?

Ditto!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics