Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 09:52 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,911,835 times

Advertisements

Today's Nautical Questions:
Some retired people live on a cruise ship full time, as doing so can cost about the same as assisted living. If money were no object, would you consider such a thing?
Why or why not? Nope. I'd rather live somewhere where family and friends could visit.

Are you a late filer or are this year's tax filings a done deal for you? Done deal.

What's one of your weirdest food cravings? I really like crispy toast with butter, ketchup and black pepper.

It's Auctioneers Day. What's something you'd like to auction off to the highest bidder? My watercolor and acrylic paintings -- I have about 100 unframed small ones tucked into a couple of portfolios. I know when I die they'll probably end up at Goodwill.

Thank bjh and happy day everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 10:22 AM

24,503 posts, read 26,045,935 times
Some retired people live on a cruise ship full time,
as doing so can cost about the same as assisted living.
If money were no object, would you consider such a thing?
Why or why not?
While it does sound enticing I would pass on the opportunity. After one cruise years ago I determined it just not for me. I'd rather fly/drive to a destination.

Extra (Tax) Credit:
The Taxman. If you take a walk, he'll tax your feet. But first tell us,
Are you a late filer or are this year's tax filings a done deal for you?
A March filer, return was banked last week.

Foodie Q:
What's one of your weirdest food cravings?
Gotta have a slice of onion on my BLT.

Just for fun:
It's Auctioneers Day. What's something you'd like to auction off to the highest bidder?
Easiest question of the week for me. All the porcelain molds in the garage that are no longer used.

Thanx bah, cool Q's.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:57 PM

12,425 posts, read 2,979,650 times
I'm a long way off from retirement, but it sounds intriguing.
Why or why not? Travel the world and your hotel travels with you.

Extra (Tax) Credit:
Done.

Foodie Q:
Can't think of anything weird.

Just for fun:
It's Auctioneers Day. What's something you'd like to auction off to the highest bidder?
A couple of things stored in the garage because we have no use for them.

Today Includes:
Husband Appreciation Day I'll let hubby know. lol

Old 04-15-2017, 04:08 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,110 posts, read 30,435,770 times
I would.
Why or why not?
I think it sounds like fun for a while anyway. When you get tired of it, disembark and go home.

Extra (Tax) Credit:
Done here.

Foodie Q:
Green olive and peanut butter sandwiches.

Just for fun:
Couple of old auto parts collecting dust.

T'anks, ebber ee buddy!

Old 04-15-2017, 06:14 PM

44,375 posts, read 20,091,210 times
Some retired people live on a cruise ship full time, as doing so can cost about the same as assisted living. If money were no object, would you consider such a thing? Nope.
Why or why not? I love traveling, but love having a home even more. I like having roots in one place.

Extra (Tax) Credit:
The Taxman. If you take a walk, he'll tax your feet. But first tell us, are you a late filer or are this year's tax filings a done deal for you? I file as soon as I receive my W-2 from my employer. This year I received my state refund on February 1 and my federal refund on February 3. Such a deal! I suppose after I retire, though, I won't get much of a refund, if any. In that event, I may wait till the last minute to file.

Foodie Q:
What's one of your weirdest food cravings? Olives. I love to snack on olives, green or black.

Just for fun:
It's Auctioneers Day. What's something you'd like to auction off to the highest bidder? An antique matchlock rifle that belonged to my dad.

Today Includes:
Auctioneers Day I like to attend auctions.
Husband Appreciation Day No husband here.
McDonald's Day, 1st franchise opened at Des Plaines, Illinois in 1955 Yuck.
Record Store Day I was in a record store a few months ago. Nice to know they're still around. In this area, turntables and vinyl albums have made a bit of a comeback.
World Art Day, DaVinci's Birthday I saw some beautiful art during the past couple of weeks, while on vacation.

Today's Philosophical Quote:
"By the street of by-and-by, we arrive at the house of never."
~ Miguel de Cervantes, author

Today’s Word:
par [pahr] noun
an equality in value or standing That's par for the course!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics