Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 05:51 PM

54,511 posts, read 33,986,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
Wow !!! I would have a hard time with it too!!!
Not when you have a powerful weapon like a .44 magnum pistol, or a .300 winchester magnum rifle.

Just to clarify something, I wouldn't shoot the bear just for the heck of it, if I were to shoot it, the ONLY reason would be is if it charged at me. That's why one of my magnum guns goes with me whenever I go camping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 05:57 PM

54,511 posts, read 33,986,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
This had a little wow factor for my wife, we camp in a area where this is common, she has a hard time with it.
Roaddog, what is that greenish/blueish looking thing on the right hand of the picture? I'm guessing it's an area for showering.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:10 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,400,667 times
LOL, Karla! You've got me pegged! I found peeps and Starburst jelly beans at the local store yesterday. Since this is only the second time I've seen peeps sold locally, I snapped them up! (I was seriously bummed the first year the locals didn't carry them because I couldn't make goody nests for the kiddies. Since then, I've had them imported.) I also ordered a cute box of candy I saw while investigating the fire bunny!

Let's see, the last thing that made me go WOW! That has to be the spruce grouse that was displaying itself for the females last week. I looked out the window and saw it across the yard, in the woods. I was so excited I called my daughter to go look also. We even got out the binoculars. Later that evening, it was right under the window, and boy was it beautiful with it's tail feathers all spread out and a gigantic ruff! (Unfortunately, it was too late in the day to get a photo.)

Garrulous? Who? ME??? The queen of LONG posts! Nah, you can't be talking about ME!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:20 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,400,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
fuzzy I go wow look everytime I am near baked goods the other day I was in this new coffee shop and found the Italian rainbow cookies rofl the only one I could say "wow look" to was the guy behind the counter
LOL! I read this quickly, and I thought you said "WOW" while looking AT the guy behind the counter!

Quote:
I sense a huge "ooo look " in about 3 hours when I pick my nephew up at the airport and he hands me 2 dozen real poppyseed bagels from Phila
It's not fair bragging about real bagels when you've got someone from the boonies reading this thread! It's just not fair!!! <Blueberry slinks off to pout while begrudgingly acknowledging Karla's good fortune. . . .>

Old 03-02-2008, 07:14 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,229,574 times
rofl blueberry
well the guy behind the counter was ok but not wow lol

let me tell you it was a project to get these bagels lol I had to track down a bagel shop in phila that was close to where my nephew was staying so he couldnt say he wasn't able to find one.
then I had to take him up to the airport only so I could pick him up at the airport so I could receive above mentioned bagels so lol a almost 60 mile round trip each way but lol I got my bagels.
I promise you when I go home and bring my usual 6 dozen back I will send you some priority mail if I vac seal them they should be fine for 3 days shipping

rofl I just sent you know who 10#s of candy I would have no problem sending you peeps

Old 03-02-2008, 07:25 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,418,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Roaddog, what is that greenish/blueish looking thing on the right hand of the picture? I'm guessing it's an area for showering.
It's hard to tell but it's a garbage bin, They have trapped and relocated most of the bears, they to brave and were comeing in camp during the day, they never bothered anyone but if they saw an icechest your food was a goner some people put their chests in their cars, the bears know what an icechest is and tore the window frames out to get them, I just leave mine in the back of my pickup, cover it with a tarp and spray raid on it, they never bother mine.
There was one that ran out of the brush and grabbed a puppy and ate it, the rangers hunted it down and shot it. The bear in the picture checked out everything in the camp, I followed it for an hour taking some pictures, it even went into a bathroom, that was kinda scary.
I always have a gun handy just in case.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:28 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,638,830 times
My round trip for each visit to any decent candy outlet is 150 miles! Sooooo, we don't have an abundance of sweet stuffs around here. Nor specialty coffees, nor bagels, nor, oh heck. Forget it. We do have a SUPER WM. Gee, aren't we the lucky ones?

Old 03-02-2008, 09:15 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,299,088 times
I think it was when I called my friend to come look...... at my last date.

Okay, maybe not.

My real answer- Today was the most beautiful day, it was a perfect day weatherwise, and I called my son to come out and see.

I didn't take a pix, but I had Peterbrook chocolate in my kitchen at the time, do I get extra cred?

Last edited by Magnolia Bloom; 03-02-2008 at 09:26 PM..

Old 03-02-2008, 09:42 PM

28,804 posts, read 47,949,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
This had a little wow factor for my wife, we camp in a area where this is common, she has a hard time with it.
I will assume you know this since you're a camper, but your wife should not go in any area where bears are when she's having her period. Seems that it REALLY gets their attention, and not in a good way.

We went camping with one of my brothers in CO one year and a woman was killed about 6 miles from us. Bear tore into the tent to get to her and ripped out her stomach.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:43 PM
NCN

21,669 posts, read 25,760,985 times
I said come look several times today. Everybody was eating Samantha's cat food. First a huge tabby cat with really big eyes and then Mr. Possum and he brought Mrs. Possum or one of his friends with him. Samantha is so intimated that she just sits and watches them eat her food. I guess she knows we will give her more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics