Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times

Advertisements

Da-yum, Ubatz, you're good!

Mmike, I've always wanted to go to the Grand Canyon, but reading your post about standing on the edge, looking 4000 feet down, I still have butterflies in my stomach. Actually, they're so big, they may be cardinals! LOL

UBatz, I feel lucky enough to be feeding a pair of cardinals here. Back in NNY, we had 2 pairs that were regulars.

OK, the wow moment I can talk about happened just yesterday morning. We were coming back from the grocery store (where we bought salad fixings, NOT Easter Candy!) and I looked up to see a bald eagle just soaring over the field next to us. Just beautiful. Unfortunately, no camera at hand.

Karla, I could camp out in your garden! Love, love, LOVE it! Hey, DH is going up north to help out his parents for the entire months of May and June. Maybe we could work something out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 09:00 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,621,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
only for you great folks here
I put on my garden clogs, quite stunning with my big fuzzy robe, and slogged through the wet grass to get a picture of my Wow, come look
my weeping bottle brush tree
there is a smaller one to the left that is also starting to bloom
please ignore the messy herb garden under the tree lola was helping to weed and the dividers got moved
Karla can I move in with you? That pic looks simply heavenly. I've already pictured myself sitting in that chair.

I think the biggest thing I did a double take for and called in the troops to come look was the bear cub swimming in our pool one summer. Cute thing wading and chewing on one of the rafts, then as quick as he came, took off into the woods! Of course I didn't have my camera at the time.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:03 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Default batteries not included

It happened just this morning, as the sun was coming up over the Atlantic.
I think there had been a fire somewhere, the sky was sort of eerie.
A patrol of pelicans was flying low over the shoreline, and I saw how calm the water was and wondered if I might see dolphins.
Sure enough, I did. I just saw one, and we sort of followed it along.
Soon we were standing in front of a pod of dolphins, and there must have been a lot of fish underneath because there was a lot of activity... more patrols of pelicans arrived...the pink sky was getting brighter and brighter.
Suddenly dolphin after dolphin breached, two at the same time, then just one, then another. Lots of splashing, and the water began to glitter rosy-gold because the sun had crested the horizon. At the same time, the pelican patrols continued past in their stately line.
This sight is one of the reasons I live in north Florida. It was heart-stopping.
Elwood was the only one I could tell, so I told him--he knows what the word dolphin means. He came running; dolphins fascinate him.
Oh--I did not get any pictures. I took out my camera, flicked it on, and the little screen said "Change the batteries."
I've got memories.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:05 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,203,422 times
I took a pic while driving,had to stop for a woo ahhh!!!! days ago! I can slowly see some other flowers blooming

Old 03-02-2008, 09:20 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
nms sure come on up for a few days

those are the lemons I am going to try to make Limoncello with

sounds like some wonderful "oooo come look" everyone has experienced lately

Old 03-02-2008, 09:55 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Here was the last thing that made me go "WOW!"

Great Horned Owl

Old 03-02-2008, 10:12 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
nice evey !!!!
I hear hooting all the time coming form the nature area behind our house but have never seen one
do they scare shadow

Old 03-02-2008, 10:19 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
do they scare shadow
Everything scares Shadow......

Old 03-02-2008, 10:42 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,621,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Everything scares Shadow......
Evey, that would have scared me!

Old 03-02-2008, 11:16 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,278 times
The lunar eclipse last month was mine. We watched it with the grands.
I love your weeping bottle brush tree !!! I've never seen one. Do you think one would live in N.C.? My mother in-law would flip out if I gave her something like that for mothers day,she has green hands! Everything she touches grows like crazy unlike me with the black thumbs! The grass is just starting to turn green here and I am so jealous
of you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics