Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 01:24 PM

7,371 posts, read 2,770,693 times

Advertisements

Questions for the day....
We've had a lot of rain lately, what has your weather been like? Extremely dry and very windy

Have you ever driven or rode in an 18 wheeler semi truck? No
Have you ever gone up in a hot air balloon? No
Do you know anyone full of hot air? I know a lot of people who are full of hot air!

Have you ever:
Been to Frogville, Oklahoma? Nope
Eaten frog legs? No
Had a frog/ toad for a pet? We used to keep horned toads when we were small...
Toed the line? Yep
Been toed (pedicured)? Nope (never had a manicure either)
Had a vehicle towed? Twice

Have you ever had a concussion? No
Have you ever played a percussion? Yes
Have you ever had an unusual discussion? Quite often
Have you ever worn shoe cushions? No

When was the last time you asked for advice? It's been a while
Did you take that advice? Yes
When was the last time you gave advice? A few days ago
Did they take your advice? I have no idea

We've had a lot of rabbits running around here lately, what animals have you seen recently? Dogs and cats

Decisions:
Cheese crisp or cheese curds? Crisp
Apple pie or apple crisp? Both
Lettuce or celery? Either one or both
Tomato soup or potato soup? Potato but I also like tomato soup.

Thanks wit for the questions. Happy Sunday to all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 02:07 PM

4,867 posts, read 3,698,778 times
Default Sunday Funday

We've had a lot of rain lately, what has your weather been like? Super WINDY

Have you ever driven or rode in an 18 wheeler semi truck? No but my son is an OTR Trucker!
Have you ever gone up in a hot air balloon? No dont want to - a height thing
Do you know anyone full of hot air? Hahaha too many

Have you ever:
Been to Frogville, Oklahoma? No
Eaten frog legs? No
Had a frog/ toad for a pet? No
Toed the line? haha all the time
Been toed (pedicured)? frequently
Had a vehicle towed? Yes

Have you ever played a percussion? No
Have you ever had an unusual discussion? a few
Have you ever worn shoe cushions? yep

When was the last time you asked for advice? Today

We've had a lot of rabbits running around here lately, what animals have you seen recently? None

Decisions:
Cheese crisp or cheese curds? crisp
Apple pie or apple crisp? pie
Lettuce or celery? lettuce
Tomato soup or potato soup? potato

Pun time:
Little Brian asked his mother, “Mom, do all "fairy tales" begin with ‘Once upon a time in a faraway land’?”
“No hon,” said his mother, somewhat distressed, “Sometimes, they can begin with ‘I have to work late in the office tonight, I’ll be home later’.”

Quote of the moment:
People can be divided into three classes, the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen, and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened. Anon

Historical events of note for January 22:
0613 – Eight-month-old Constantine is crowned as co-emperor (Caesar) by his father Heraclius at Constantinople.
1890 – The United Mine Workers of America is founded in Columbus, Ohio.
1901 – Edward VII is proclaimed King after the death of his mother, Queen Victoria.
1946 – Creation of the Central Intelligence Group, forerunner of the Central Intelligence Agency.
1947 – KTLA, the first commercial television station west of the Mississippi River, begins operation in Hollywood.
1968 – Apollo 5 lifts off carrying the first Lunar module into space.
1970 – The Boeing 747, the world's first "jumbo jet", enters commercial service for launch customer Pan American Airways with its maiden voyage from John F. Kennedy International Airport to London Heathrow Airport.
1973 – The Supreme Court of the United States delivers its decisions in Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton, legalizing elective abortion in all fifty states.
1984 – The Apple Macintosh, the first consumer computer to popularize the computer mouse and the graphical user interface, is introduced during a Super Bowl XVIII television commercial.
1992 – Space Shuttle program: Dr. Roberta Bondar becomes the first Canadian woman and the first neurologist in space.
2002 – Kmart becomes the largest retailer in United States history to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
2017 - wit-nits mind goes blank, first time in history, president proclaims today 'empty head day' everyone gets day off without pay.

Well that's it for this Sunday folks, hope you found it enjoyable, amusing, or fascinating. As usual all questions, items, puns, etc. were run by and approved by the law firm of Tinkle, Stinker & Skank attorney's outlawed.

Thanks for participating, enjoy your new week. [/quote]

Old 01-22-2017, 02:37 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,059,067 times
We've had a lot of rain lately, what has your weather been like?
Raining every few days here which is not normal but it's needed.
Have you ever driven or rode in an 18 wheeler semi truck?
Yes, I've had a short trip in an 18 wheeler (not driving myself) but I don't think I'd want to make a living at being on the road like that. The truckers work hard and never get enough credit for all the goods and services that they provide for all of us in our daily lives. While in the service I did drive a deuce & a half around every once in a while. It's easier to backup a straight line vehicle than a semi...............
Have you ever gone up in a hot air balloon?
No, but I've seen a number of them over the years here in AZ and in Mew Mexico.
Do you know anyone full of hot air?
Yes, there's one guy I've seen on tv news, on the radio and in the press that seems to have a lot of it.

Have you ever:
Been to Frogville, Oklahoma?
No, but I've been around fifty miles north of there.
Eaten frog legs?
no
Had a frog/ toad for a pet?
no
Toed the line?
only at times.
Been toed (pedicured)?
stubbed them once in a while.
Had a vehicle towed?
Yes, when the Jeep had a breakdown on the transmission I had to call the tow company to pick it up and take it in for repairs. It was still covered on warranty but after a couple of times it was replaced I figured it was time to get rid of the Jeep and never gone back.
Have you ever had a concussion?
No.........
Have you ever played a percussion?
No.
Have you ever had an unusual discussion?
Yes with my old supervisor during a difference of opinion, I had "facts" he had "thoughts".
Have you ever worn shoe cushions?
Only once in a bad pair of boots.

When was the last time you asked for advice?
It's always a good idea to ask Mrs Aks for her advice before doing some things.
Did you take that advice?
No,
When was the last time you gave advice?
Several weeks ago when a friend has issues with his girl friend. He didn't listen and still has issues...... As I've told him many time over, "so hows that working for you?". Doc Phil seems to have the right answer with that statement.
Did they take your advice?
No
We've had a lot of rabbits running around here lately, what animals have you seen recently?
Just a few dogs taking their owners for a walk in the neighborhood.
Decisions:
Cheese crisp or cheese curds?
Apple pie or applecrisp?
Lettuce or celery?
Tomato soup or potato soup?

2017 - wit-nits mind goes blank, first time in history, president proclaims today 'empty head day' everyone gets day off without pay.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:17 PM

44,757 posts, read 62,163,916 times
Hello and welcome to the Questions Of The Day for Sunday January 22, 2017. If today is your birthday, as an Aquarius your adaptability and originality are amongst your most defining qualities. You take little interest in the mundane, instead choosing to embrace new situations, experiences and environments. Similarly, you love social settings, where you can display your unique viewpoint to those around you.

We've had a lot of rain lately, what has your weather been like? Rainy.

Have you ever driven or rode in an 18 wheeler semi truck? Yes, ridden many times, have driven a 10 wheeler.
Have you ever gone up in a hot air balloon? No, and no desire to.
Do you know anyone full of hot air? Many many.

Have you ever:
Been to Frogville, Oklahoma? No.
Eaten frog legs? No.
Had a frog/ toad for a pet? Yes.
Toed the line? Had to many times.
Been toed (pedicured)? No.
Had a vehicle towed? Yes.

Have you ever had a concussion? Yes.
Have you ever played a percussion? Tried, not good.
Have you ever had an unusual discussion? Many times, married people can relate to it.
Have you ever worn shoe cushions? Yes, right now.

When was the last time you asked for advice? Today.
Did you take that advice? Thinking about it.
When was the last time you gave advice? Today.
Did they take your advice? Yes.

We've had a lot of rabbits running around here lately, what animals have you seen recently? Rabbits.

Decisions:
Apple pie or apple crisp?
Lettuce or celery?

Pun time:
Little Brian asked his mother, “Mom, do all "fairy tales" begin with ‘Once upon a time in a faraway land’?”
“No hon,” said his mother, somewhat distressed, “Sometimes, they can begin with ‘I have to work late in the office tonight, I’ll be home later’.”

Quote of the moment:
People can be divided into three classes, the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen, and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened. Anon

Historical events of note for January 22:
0613 – Eight-month-old Constantine is crowned as co-emperor (Caesar) by his father Heraclius at Constantinople.
1890 – The United Mine Workers of America is founded in Columbus, Ohio.
1901 – Edward VII is proclaimed King after the death of his mother, Queen Victoria.
1946 – Creation of the Central Intelligence Group, forerunner of the Central Intelligence Agency.
1947 – KTLA, the first commercial television station west of the Mississippi River, begins operation in Hollywood.
1968 – Apollo 5 lifts off carrying the first Lunar module into space.
1970 – The Boeing 747, the world's first "jumbo jet", enters commercial service for launch customer Pan American Airways with its maiden voyage from John F. Kennedy International Airport to London Heathrow Airport.
1973 – The Supreme Court of the United States delivers its decisions in Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton, legalizing elective abortion in all fifty states.
1984 – The Apple Macintosh, the first consumer computer to popularize the computer mouse and the graphical user interface, is introduced during a Super Bowl XVIII television commercial.
1992 – Space Shuttle program: Dr. Roberta Bondar becomes the first Canadian woman and the first neurologist in space.
2002 – Kmart becomes the largest retailer in United States history to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

Well that's it for this Sunday folks, hope you found it enjoyable, amusing, or fascinating. As usual all questions, items, puns, etc. were run by and approved by the law firm of Tinkle, Stinker & Skank attorney's outlawed.

Thanks for participating, enjoy your new week.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:28 PM

39,245 posts, read 23,242,510 times
We've had a lot of rain lately, what has your weather been like? Same as yours--LOTS of rain. My backyard is flooded and almost looks like a rice paddy.

Have you ever driven or rode in an 18 wheeler semi truck? No.
Have you ever gone up in a hot air balloon? No.
Do you know anyone full of hot air? I've known a couple of people like that.

Have you ever:
Been to Frogville, Oklahoma?
Eaten frog legs?
Had a frog/ toad for a pet?
Toed the line?
Been toed (pedicured)?
Had a vehicle towed? Yes, but to have it taken to the mechanic.
No to everything else.

Have you ever had a concussion? No.
Have you ever played a percussion? Gave it a try when I was in high school band.
Have you ever had an unusual discussion? Yes.
Have you ever worn shoe cushions? Yes.

When was the last time you asked for advice? A couple of years ago.
Did you take that advice? Yes.
When was the last time you gave advice? Last month.
Did they take your advice? Not sure.

We've had a lot of rabbits running around here lately, what animals have you seen recently? The neighborhood stray/feral cats and a couple of squirrels.

Decisions:
Cheese crisp or cheese curds? Cheese curds.
Apple pie or apple crisp? Apple crisp.
Lettuce or celery? Lettuce.
Tomato soup or potato soup? Potato soup.

I hope everyone had a fun day on Sunday.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:23 PM

15,443 posts, read 21,513,537 times
We've had a lot of rain lately, what has your weather been like? We just finished a cold spell with some decent rain. Today everything was dried out again and I took the new (old) Honda trail bike out for a few miles. Tomorrow it's supposed to get to 70 degrees.

Have you ever driven or rode in an 18 wheeler semi truck? I drove 18-wheelers for a few years after I got out of the military service and was going to school. Our road trucks included two semi cab-overs, a 1960s 13-speed Mack and a 1960s 10-speed White Freightliner. We hauled hanging sides of beef from area packing houses in New Mexico and Texas back to the Santa Fe Piggyback rail yard in eastern New MExico. At the yard, we then backed each container onto the train flat cars for shipment by the railroad. Some days (and nights) we would load 30 to 40 40' reefer containers. Back then, a flat car would hold two 40' containers.
Have you ever gone up in a hot air balloon? No but living in Albuquerque, I couldn't count the number of balloons that go directly over my house every year.
Do you know anyone full of hot air? Yes me. Most of the time I answer these questions with more information than anyone cares to know about.

Have you ever:
Been to Frogville, Oklahoma? If not, really close to it.
Eaten frog legs? Not that I recall.
Had a frog/ toad for a pet? Nope.
Toed the line? Many times.
Been toed (pedicured)? Nope.
Had a vehicle towed? Only in New Orleans when the City towed my new Mazda 626 (with an agency plaque in the window) out of one of our approved agency parking spots. They destroyed the front air dam on the front of the car causing hundreds of dollars in damage. Nope, they never reimbursed me or even apologized. When I went to get the car at impound they acted as if it was my fault.

Have you ever had a concussion? Probably.
Have you ever played a percussion? Nope.
Have you ever had an unusual discussion? Yes. At the impound yard at New Orleans. (see above.)
Have you ever worn shoe cushions? Nope.

When was the last time you asked for advice? That would probably be from my wife this past week while she was here.
Did you take that advice? Most likely.
When was the last time you gave advice? Yesterday to my grand daughter about how to save money.
Did they take your advice? I have no idea.

We've had a lot of rabbits running around here lately, what animals have you seen recently? There was a doe deer in our back yard on Wednesday night. I happened to see her in my security cameras and called my wife to look at her through the back door but the deer was behind a tree. She (the deer) only ran away when I asked her through the security camera audio what she was doing in my back yard. The camera was just a few feet from her so talk about a doe in the headlights look!

Decisions:
Lettuce or celery?

Great question Wit.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:08 PM

72,554 posts, read 18,266,942 times
We've had a lot of rain lately, what has your weather been like? It's tooo much! but we need the rain!

Have you ever driven or rode in an 18 wheeler semi truck? No
Have you ever gone up in a hot air balloon? No
Do you know anyone full of hot air? Yes!

Have you ever:
Been to Frogville, Oklahoma? No
Eaten frog legs? No
Had a frog/ toad for a pet? No
Toed the line? No
Been toed (pedicured)? Yes! loved it!
Had a vehicle towed? Yes

Have you ever played a percussion? No
Have you ever had an unusual discussion? :ok:
Have you ever worn shoe cushions?

When was the last time you asked for advice? This afternoon
Did you take that advice? Yes
When was the last time you gave advice? This afternoon
Did they take your advice? maybe

We've had a lot of rabbits running around here lately, what animals have you seen recently?

Birds

Decisions:
Lettuce or celery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics