Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,624,388 times

Advertisements

I don't remember exactly!! I think it was around the time Sweden was going to Alaksa and Karla and Mr. Karla went to Alaska and she was posting all the beautiful pics!!

I love the question of the day, it's also the first thing I check in the morning when I log on here. I don't always have an answer though!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 01:28 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,554,675 times
I remember karla when she was myfask, and gave me reps for a post and it was kind of like getting recognized by the "big boys"! Then when the exercise thread-yep, back when it was only a thread!-started, it became a kind of gathering place to talk about working out and all kinds of other good stuff!

Old 02-26-2008, 01:32 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,129,008 times
Today's question is:

What is one of the earliest memories that you have of Karla, the one that made you really smile and feel as though you had made a friend?
..My earliest memory of Karla came when I made my first "donation" to her daily question thread and she not only repped me with nice comments she also DMd me to welcome me to the gang and said some nice words that made my day.

WORD OF THE DAY:

Mensch: A particularly good person, a person with the qualities one would hope for in a dear friend or trusted colleague.[/quote]
...I guess that describes Karla.

HEY, she's a Joisey Gal for goodness sakes...

Great thread
... HIF

Old 02-26-2008, 01:50 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,290,264 times
Yes, thanks, HIF, for starting this.

I can't tell you my first memory of Karla/myfask. I joined about 15 months ago, learning about my soon to be new home, Florida, and didn't realize for a couple of months, that there were other topics. I thought Florida was the only one on CD! Duh! ANyway, I'm sure I met her there.

My favorite memory is getting a phone call from her once I moved to the Sunshine State. She knew I was down here by myself for about 6 weeks without hubby (he had to stay north for a bit) and called to welcome me. I thought that was so kind of her. Unfortunately, we live in opposite corners of the state, but I hope to meet her IRL sometime, along with some other regulars that I chat with here on CD.

Mensch is a great word, isn't it??

Old 02-26-2008, 03:29 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,372,476 times
Holy moo, I can't remember my earliest memory of Karla since it was probably over a year ago! She's always stealing my cyber whip though ... whhtisshh!

Karla is one very nice and kind hearted person, who I would love to meet in RL.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:56 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,391,842 times
My earliest memories go back to the myfask days, also. I think the Rance Caravan thread and the Rance/Sweden saga solidified Karla's place in my heart and mind. She's always exhibited such an enthusiasm for life, extended grace toward others, and seems to adopt us all as friends. When she was planning her Alaska trip, she dm'd me to find my location and expressed a willingness to meet. I was somewhat surprised since she didn't yet "know" me well, but I've come to realize that's who Karla is and that's part of what makes her special.

Like others have said, the ? of the day is one thread I rarely miss although I don't post often. Karla's willingness to laugh at herself makes everyone at ease and encourages them to share about themselves.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:10 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,130,471 times
I knew she was a great person as soon as I joined CD, her Q of the Day was a big reason I got hooked on cd so fast! We share some things in common, we both have (or have had) a D.J. company and I also spend alot of time fundraising in my community.
I look forward to her posts, and all of yours, too!

HIF, you are awful sweet to start this thread today!

Old 02-26-2008, 05:20 PM

72,455 posts, read 18,221,165 times
My first memory of her was her exercise thread. I found her very family oriented and loves her family and pups,It's like living at her home day after day.It's like that Little house on the prarie type of feeling.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:20 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,418,424 times
My earliest memory of Karla was in the exercise thread, back in June of last year. She was so very support of me and continues to be.

It was not only for exercise, but it was friendship there, and support. In reaching goals, and in the things I was beginning to go through at the time.

She was with me every step of the way, and could not be a better person.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:15 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,243,249 times
When I first "met" Karla on CD, she offered to volunteer at a golf tournament that I was working on. This was more than a year ago.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w76/kshellyflorida/karlaraffle.jpg (broken link)

Not only did we hit it off immediately, she single-handedly raised over 1K in a couple of hours, one dollar at a time......... as it turned out, she knew most of the honchos that sponsored the event.... the money guys...... LOL!

Fast forward to present day...... I, um, have to get one of those "Happy Birthday, You're Fifty" tests. And in mentioning it to Karla, she has insisted on driving me home when I have the procedure.......now THAT is a mensch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics