Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:57 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,900,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
I have quite a few, lol. Like once while up on top of an 8 ft ladder on a jobsite trying to pull wire, it got one of those kinks in it while I was pulling. After a few minutes of trying to lasso the kink out, my boss finally asked from below, what the heck am I doing with that wire? Being frusterated at the wire, and taking longer than I usually do to get from point A to point B, I finally yelled out (it was noisy, between the plumbers, the a/c guys and a radio going on the jobsite) "Im trying to get it up so I can get it in!' Of course, I was referring to getting the wire up over the rafter, to get it into the hole of the stud. Needless to say, everything exept the radio came to a dead silence and all eyes were aiming my way! You can inmagine the embarressment.... (Thanks a lot, Johnny!!)
There are more, but that was one of the many 'embarressing moments'.
That's definitely much more painful than a "wardrobe malfunction"!

The next time you can just say "The wire is stuck!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 05:35 PM

About 10 years ago, I worked for a company that did hospitality software for big hotels like Hilton, Hampton Inn, Best Western and others. Anyhow, one of the people, who was trying to bring Hilton to become one of our accounts, this gal was walking with 3 or 4 important people from Hilton through a hallway, and they were walking by my office. This was about 4:00 PM and I was having a tough time with this one program that wasn't doing what I wanted to do, so I said loudly, "Ah you sorry miserable son of a bitc*", just as the group walked by my door. The gal from the company, who was walking with the Hilton group looked in my office and jokingly said something to me, forgot what it was, and I was embarrassed when I found out later who the other people were.

We still got the Hilton account though, even after my slight unprofessional misconduct and slip of the tongue!

Old 02-25-2008, 11:19 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,240,154 times
Mine is not really funny but I sure wish I could hit the rewind button on it.
Several years ago I wa picking up my sister to go to work, it was snowing and I was running late. I pulled down the road and turned around pulled up to her house on the wrong side of the road. There was only one set of tracks through this dead end road.
Anyway I was a little on edge and I was sitting there listening to a preacher on the radio. I blew the horn and tapped my fingers,looked at my watch a few times and here comes this car on the,(mind you), correct side of the road. This woman pulls up almost bumper to bumper to me and I motioned for her to go around me. It doesn't snow much here and I wasn't about to move out of those tracks. She sat there and shook her head no. After all the sign language and head shaking I decided she wasn't going to move so I was going to have to I backed up and inched over, she went by me and I flipped her the finger!!
After I did it I was so ashamed of myself. Sitting there listening to preaching on the radio
being the good little christian, doing my good deed for the day. Yeah Right!! I could have kicked myself! If I coudl have hit that rewind I sure would have that day. I was also thankful she didn't come back and beat my eyes black and blue.
My little sister laughed all the way to work!

Old 02-27-2008, 10:26 AM

This one is on behalf of a gal I was involved with in 1983. She drove her brother's car one day, which was a mid 1970's convertible either a Buick or Oldsmobile. It was a very nice day in the fall here and we were talking about how nice it was outside, and she said "I drove around with the top down". Well... she, and some of you know my twisted sense of humor, so I could not resist the opportunity, and I joked with her by saying something that implied she drove around with no blouse on, with a couple of remarks like "And you didn't get arrested?", "How much money did they toss at you?"

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 02-27-2008 at 11:29 AM..

Old 02-27-2008, 11:25 AM

27,387 posts, read 27,433,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
This one is on behalf of a gal I was involved in 1983. She drove her brother's car one day, which was a mid 1970's convertible either a Buick or Oldsmobile. It was a very nice day in the fall here and we were talking about how nice it was outside, and she said "I drove around with the top down". Well... she, and some of you know my twisted sense of humor, so I could not resist the opportunity, and I joked with her by saying something that implied she drove around with no blouse on, with a couple of remarks like "And you didn't get arrested?", "How much money did they toss at you?"

Go to the doghouse, Mike!!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Go to the doghouse, Mike!!
LOL... at least I got even with her. She's the same gal who played a joke on me by pretending to be taking me to see a very "scenic" beach along the coastal highway in California, but it was Black's Beach (a nudist beach) north of San Diego! I was a couple of hundred yards away and there was nothing scenic there! Or at least the "scenic stuff" was probably hidden somewhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics