Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:04 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,592,508 times

Advertisements

Well, there is only one other option to turning 60 and I think most would prefer turning 60. I am not there yet but hopefully it's coming. I try to look forward to my day, each and every day, because you never know when it's your last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 10:08 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times
I forgot the most important part of AARP membership. Mrs AksarbeN and I save lots of money on travel and hotel rooms, we get the biggest discounts with AARP all the time. I also enjoy reading their magazines that come to the house each month or so, lots of good information in it.

Mike,,, I can have them send this to your work address if you like? It’s not like you get too much mail in plain brown wrappers at work anyway.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:26 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,156,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I’m sorry Mike,,, I keep giving them (AARP) your name as a referral so that I can receive special bonus gifts like the fanny pack with AARP written on the front of it. You can’t imagine how many extra discounts I get when I carry that thing. Now that your name is off their list I can turn it in again for the flashlight that solar powered.
Don’t ask me how a solar powered flashlight works at night in the dark without the sun! http://bestsmileys.com/thinking/6.gif (broken link)
Dang! The fanny pack. That's what it's called! Thanks.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:27 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,156,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
there is a FLASHLIGHT thingie !!!! how did I miss that.

I just keep getting the standard boring "your old join us" letters that started coming 6 months before I turned 50

I'll bet you anything should I join and sign up hubby he will get all the cool stuff
heck they would probably be so excited to have a young member they might even send him even cooler stuff
Yeah! Then we can all share. Go Karla Go. Sign him up!

Old 02-23-2008, 04:18 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,761 times
We do belong to the AARP Prescription Drug Rx Program and it is great. If you order online for meds at 90 days at a time all generic meds are absolutely free...no co pay! We take the standard blood pressure and cholesterol meds and even as generic they can be pricey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics