Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:11 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,137,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuna95 View Post
A great reminder, and absolutely true. And yes, I think you are 3X as good as 20
Thanks NCN!
DITTO...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 08:50 PM

23,039 posts, read 34,489,100 times
I got married one month before I turned 40 so my 40's were GREAT and my 50's are even better!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:02 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,593,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBatz View Post
I agree that at 40 you know what you want and try to get it...but at 50 you go out and get it.!!
Wait till 60...you're gonna love the great feeling of independence, sense of accomplishment and knowing that retirement is in the forseeable future. the glass becomes even fuller....Doctor Batz
Okay we are still in the forties, but Dr. Batz should start a "Lost in the Sixties " thread just so I will know that I am not the only 60-something around here Staying on topic here, I reaffirm my post that my forties were the best of my life

Old 02-21-2008, 09:07 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,242,973 times
Default whoah is me, I'm getting old

oops! where was I now! Oh yea getting older!

Last edited by thefer; 02-21-2008 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: Older than forty and hit the wrong key,didn't have my glasses on

Old 02-21-2008, 09:08 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,406,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
This is a great outlook to have!!! You go TKDMOM!!!!
Hey, thanks MLV ! Im going...Im going !

Old 02-21-2008, 09:29 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,242,973 times
Default whoah is me, I'm getting old old!

. the glass becomes even fuller....Doctor Batz[/quote]

And so does the bladder! lol
Really, I'll get serious.
Gettng older is not so bad except for the wrinkles and age spots!
No really, getting older is pretty cool! You get to have fun parties. When I turned 40 some friends of ours that own a funeral home sent a hearse to pick me up at work right at 3:30 when everyone was comming out the door. They had a big display of flowers all around it, the ones on stands like the ones you put on graves. They made me get in the back and took me out for supper with all my family and friends following us. People pulled over and I waved out the back at them. When I got home there was a flower on the door and a headstone in the yard. My house was full of black balloons and dead flowers with a big board with all kinds of pictures of me on it and right in the middle a picture of Dolly Parton with my head on it with the caption,
The older you get the better you look! Don't dread getting older enjoy it!
The older you get the more you can get away with!!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:41 PM

687 posts, read 2,135,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Okay we are still in the forties, but Dr. Batz should start a "Lost in the Sixties " thread just so I will know that I am not the only 60-something around here Staying on topic here, I reaffirm my post that my forties were the best of my life
hehe... it's actually quite wonderful to hear all the testimonials, not just about the 40s, but beyond! All the posts have really made my day. I am going to go back and re-read them on my birthday (in March - I just needed time to mentally prepare )

Old 02-22-2008, 05:55 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,196,870 times
oh and don't forget
It is very important to buy yourself a special present to celebrate turning 40

milestone birthdays deserve a special present from yourself to yourself
I am rather fond of a piece of jewelry to celebrate the day

Old 02-22-2008, 06:20 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,315,558 times
thefer, I would LOVE your friends! LOL

Old 02-22-2008, 08:32 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,642,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
. the glass becomes even fuller....Doctor Batz
And so does the bladder! lol
Really, I'll get serious.
Gettng older is not so bad except for the wrinkles and age spots!
No really, getting older is pretty cool! You get to have fun parties. When I turned 40 some friends of ours that own a funeral home sent a hearse to pick me up at work right at 3:30 when everyone was comming out the door. They had a big display of flowers all around it, the ones on stands like the ones you put on graves. They made me get in the back and took me out for supper with all my family and friends following us. People pulled over and I waved out the back at them. When I got home there was a flower on the door and a headstone in the yard. My house was full of black balloons and dead flowers with a big board with all kinds of pictures of me on it and right in the middle a picture of Dolly Parton with my head on it with the caption,
The older you get the better you look! Don't dread getting older enjoy it!
The older you get the more you can get away with!![/quote]

oh my!! That is the Greatest!!! LOL

Last edited by MonaLisaVito; 02-22-2008 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: Did I mess up this QUOTE, huh, what happened? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics