Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 05:25 AM

126,540 posts, read 19,292,982 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

Hoping this morning's Qs find you rested and ready to face the day. Or evening, depending on where you live. Take a few moments to think on these fun Qs.

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever seen a famous novelty attraction, such as the world's largest ball of twine, or Detroit's Giant Uniroyal Tire? If so, what have you seen and where did you see it? not sure at the moment

Bonus Question(s):
Do you have a brush with fame, such as spontaneously seeing a celebrity at an airport, or getting an autograph? If so, who did you see, and where did you see them? If you got their autograph, was it at a scheduled event, such as a backstage pass at a concert? No such luck ...but stood in line to get hockey cards signed and a photograph signed of Maple Leafs' legendary goalie Johnny Bower

Just for Fun:
What are three things that make you unique; three things that no single person you know has done?
"No one I know has done ___________, ___________, ***and*** ___________."

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 2003 Tony Awards, Hairspray, Take Me Out, Long Day's Journey Into Night revival and Nine revival won major awards
Birthday: 1943 Colin Baker, British actor
Human achievement: 2014 The world's oldest man, Alexander Imich, passes away at age 111 in New York; the oldest living woman is currently 116 years old and lives in Japan
Science/Technology: 1979 "The Source," 1st computer public information service, goes on-line
Sports: 2014 Maria Sharapova wins the French Open, beating Simona Halep; Sharapova has now won two French Open titles

Today’s Word:
purblind
Pronunciation: (PUHR-blynd)
Meaning: adjective:
1. Partially blind.
2. Lacking in understanding, insight, or vision.
Etymology: From pure + blind, meaning completely blind. Over time, the sense shifted to partially blind.
Earliest documented use: 1300.

Today is:
Best friends Day
Jelly-filled Donut Day
Nme Your Poison Day
National Caribbean American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
Upsy Daisy Day
World Oceans Day

Quote of the Day:
"The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes." ~ Frank Lloyd Wright ~ (U.S. architect, also born today 1867, d. April 9, 1959)

Have a good day everyone!

Thank you PatsCats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 06:03 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,553,817 times
Hoping this morning's Qs find you rested and ready to face the day. Or evening, depending on where you live. Take a few moments to think on these fun Qs.

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever seen a famous novelty attraction, such as the world's largest ball of twine, or Detroit's Giant Uniroyal Tire? If so, what have you seen and where did you see it?. The only thing that comes to mind is Millennial Park in Chicago and 'the bean'.

Bonus Question(s):
Do you have a brush with fame, such as spontaneously seeing a celebrity at an airport, or getting an autograph? If so, who did you see, and where did you see them? If you got their autograph, was it at a scheduled event, such as a backstage pass at a concert? we walked past Weird Al Yankovich and his entourage at Disney World where he was performing. We didn't realize it was him until he was past us already so didn't meet or get an autograph or anything.

Just for Fun:
What are three things that make you unique; three things that no single person you know has done?
I can't think of anything.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:48 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,848,265 times
Have you ever seen a famous novelty attraction, such as the world's largest ball of twine, or Detroit's Giant Uniroyal Tire? If so, what have you seen and where did you see it? LIVED ABOUT 30 MINUTES FROM THE TIRE....IT'S CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT IN DETROIT SO I'D SEE IT A LOT....Paul Bunyan statue in Manistique Mi........

Bonus Question(s):
Do you have a brush with fame, such as spontaneously seeing a celebrity at an airport, or getting an autograph? If so, who did you see, and where did you see them? If you got their autograph, was it at a scheduled event, such as a backstage pass at a concert? I NEVER SEE ANYBODY......

Just for Fun:
"No one I know has done __CHOPPED THE HEAD OFF OF A RATTLESNAKE_________, ____DROVE AROUND WITH A DEAD POSSUM IN MY TRUNK_______, ***and*** _GOT ON AN AIRPLANE WITH A 3 DAY OLD BABY__________."

Old 06-08-2016, 07:23 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,244,801 times
I'm hungry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever seen a famous novelty attraction, such as the world's largest ball of twine, or Detroit's Giant Uniroyal Tire? If so, what have you seen and where did you see it?

Nope

Bonus Question(s):
Do you have a brush with fame, such as spontaneously seeing a celebrity at an airport, or getting an autograph? If so, who did you see, and where did you see them? If you got their autograph, was it at a scheduled event, such as a backstage pass at a concert?

I guess so...maybe. I'm not sure. What is 'fame'? I've worked for many very famous people...I have friends that are 'rock stars'...lol...I never saw any of them at airports! Just friends I used to play music with and people that I used to paint in their homes for.

Just for Fun:

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 2003 Tony Awards, Hairspray, Take Me Out, Long Day's Journey Into Night revival and Nine revival won major awards
Birthday: 1943 Colin Baker, British actor
Human achievement: 2014 The world's oldest man, Alexander Imich, passes away at age 111 in New York; the oldest living woman is currently 116 years old and lives in Japan
Science/Technology: 1979 "The Source," 1st computer public information service, goes on-line
Sports: 2014 Maria Sharapova wins the French Open, beating Simona Halep; Sharapova has now won two French Open titles

Today’s Word:
purblind
Pronunciation: (PUHR-blynd)
Meaning: adjective:
1. Partially blind.
2. Lacking in understanding, insight, or vision.
Etymology: From pure + blind, meaning completely blind. Over time, the sense shifted to partially blind.
Earliest documented use: 1300.

Today is:
Best friends Day
Jelly-filled Donut Day
Nme Your Poison Day
National Caribbean American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
Upsy Daisy Day
World Oceans Day

Quote of the Day:
"The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes." ~ Frank Lloyd Wright ~ (U.S. architect, also born today 1867, d. April 9, 1959)

Have a good day everyone!
Thank you Pat & cats! Smiles to all!

Old 06-08-2016, 07:39 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,931,547 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever seen a famous novelty attraction, such as the world's largest ball of twine, or Detroit's Giant Uniroyal Tire? I haven't.

Do you have a brush with fame, such as spontaneously seeing a celebrity at an airport, or getting an autograph? I was at a cocktail party in Christchurch, New Zealand prior to the Commonwealth Games in 1972. I turned around from the group I was talking with and found myself talking to Princess Anne of the British royal family and her then-husband Mark Phillips. They were both participating in the Games in the equestrian events. I was pretty tongue-tied.

"No one I know has taught blind kids, raised all the money needed to build and operate a hospice in 18 months, ***and*** lived in New Zealand."

Thanks PC and happy day everyone!

Old 06-08-2016, 08:27 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,242,090 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever seen a famous novelty attraction, such as the world's largest ball of twine, or Detroit's Giant Uniroyal Tire? If so, what have you seen and where did you see it?
Here in Glen Burnie, we have our own. At the DMV, we have a huge crash test dummy. Other than that, I haven't seen any.

Bonus Question(s):
Do you have a brush with fame, such as spontaneously seeing a celebrity at an airport, or getting an autograph? If so, who did you see, and where did you see them? If you got their autograph, was it at a scheduled event, such as a backstage pass at a concert?
Never had one

Just for Fun:
Can't think of any

Old 06-08-2016, 08:27 AM

2,299 posts, read 1,448,231 times
Today's Question(s):

Does a borax museum count? I think it was in Death Valley.

Bonus Question(s):

Once I met Danica McKeller in a parking lot in Houston. She played Winnie on The Wonder Years.

Years ago I saw Roy Scheider (from Jaws) when I was with my family in Long Beach. He was filming a movie.

I'm seen/met others, but they weren't spontaneous.

Just for Fun:

I don't think I've done anything no one else has ever done. I have my unique quirks, but I surely wouldn't say them out loud.

Hmm, I don't have any tattoos. That's unique.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:43 AM

39,243 posts, read 23,235,816 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever seen a famous novelty attraction, such as the world's largest ball of twine, or Detroit's Giant Uniroyal Tire? If so, what have you seen and where did you see it? I haven't personally seen it, but I know the world's largest thermometer is out in the Mojave desert on the way to Las Vegas in Baker, California.

Bonus Question(s):
Do you have a brush with fame, such as spontaneously seeing a celebrity at an airport, or getting an autograph? If so, who did you see, and where did you see them? If you got their autograph, was it at a scheduled event, such as a backstage pass at a concert? Many years ago, I was with a group of friends near UCLA and we all spotted Pat Sajak at an ice cream shop. No, he wasn't with Vanna White and we weren't close enough to ask him for an autograph.

Just for Fun:
Sorry, but I'm not unique enough to mention anything noteworthy.

Happy Hump Day!

Old 06-08-2016, 09:03 AM

9,833 posts, read 14,419,760 times
[quote=PatsCats;44336697]Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
Lots of odd attractions at the State Fair.....world's smallest lady, 2 headed snake, horned pony.....

Bonus Question(s):
Yes, I've met 3 different presidents, and had a long conversation with President George W. Bush. He was visiting our club, and I was in charge of "baby-sitting" him until he came out to speak to the ladies. In addition, I've met many political figures, and countless band members having made it "big".

Just for Fun:
I don't know anyone who has met with, or has spoken to, as many political figures and presidents as I have. I wouldn't say I'm "unique" though.

Quote of the Day:
I sure agree with that! I've seen so much in my lifetime.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"Hope you all have a gread day![/color]

Old 06-08-2016, 09:04 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,048,217 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
Did the Seattle underground tour.

Bonus Question(s):
When I worked at the airport in Anchorage I met many famous people. Probably the most famous person was Malcom Forbes

Just for Fun:
Eating more stinky cheese.

As a 12 year old held a job that violated more child labor laws.

Bowled a worse game in a tournament. I was on the school bowling team in college. I went into my final match of the tournament averaging 210. I bowled a 97
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics