Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 03:54 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,682,252 times

Advertisements

Last weekend hubby and I went to Maple Sugar Time, an annual reenactment "festival" of all things made from on-site maple trees, like early area inhabitants might have done. When finished, we bought a jar of "maple cream," suitable for spreading on toast, pancakes, waffles, etc. Yum!

Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit? And did you purchase any of the related merchandise, if any was available? If so, what did you think of it once you got it home?yes several - including ren fairs and a town near us called old economy village. It was a walled area and year round they preserved the ways of the economites - a sect that used to live in western pa. I've bought jams and candles and candies and soaps and all sorts of things to enjoy

Bonus Question(s):
I like to watch birds, my sister loves to see helicopters. What is something that excites you enough to move from a relaxed position to get up to see it?all sorts of wildlife. Our flag when it goes by in a parade - used to be that was natural reaction but lots of people now stay seated

Just for Fun:
Which of the following would you do, or have you done:
Polar Plunge (jumping into a cold lake)?
ride a zip line?have done and would again - loved it
overnight in a haunted house?
skydive?would do if I had clearance from dr
cliff dive?

thanks and have a good day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 04:59 AM

126,540 posts, read 19,292,982 times
Mornin' all!

I hope you are all doing well today and are ready for a bit of fun. Take a moment to relax and ponder the following.

Today's Question(s):
Last weekend hubby and I went to Maple Sugar Time, an annual reenactment "festival" of all things made from on-site maple trees, like early area inhabitants might have done. When finished, we bought a jar of "maple cream," suitable for spreading on toast, pancakes, waffles, etc. Yum!

Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit? And did you purchase any of the related merchandise, if any was available? If so, what did you think of it once you got it home? I never did any of the above

Bonus Question(s):
I like to watch birds, my sister loves to see helicopters. What is something that excites you enough to move from a relaxed position to get up to see it? anything nature related,the first snowflakes,a rainbow,birds bathing in my birdbath,a skunk,racoon walking through my garden

Just for Fun:
Polar Plunge (jumping into a cold lake)? I did Polar swims in Vancouver on January first a few times
ride a zip line? not yet but want to
skydive? would be interested to do that
cliff dive?

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1998 70th Academy Awards - Oscar Ceremony Billy Crystal hosts, Titanic wins eleven Oscars, including Best Picture, Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt win lead acting awards
Birthday: 1910 Akira Kurosawa, Japanese director (d. Sept 6, 1988)
Science/Technology: 1965 Gemini 3 launched, 1st U.S. 2-man space flight (Grissom and Young)
Sports: 2014 Kentucky beat undefeated Wichita State in the NCAA basketball tournament, ending Wichita's historic 35-0 record

Today’s Word:
quale
Pronunciation: (KWA-lee, -lay)
Meaning: noun: A quality or property as perceived by a person: a subjective experience.
Etymology: From Latin qualis (or what kind).
Earliest documented use: 1654.

Today is:
National Chip and Dip Day
National Melba Toast Day
National Puppy Day
National Tamale Day
Near Miss Day
Ta'Anit Esther
OK Day
World Meteorological Day

Quote of the Day:
"Man is a genius when he is dreaming." ~ Akira Kurosawa ~

Have a good day everyone!

Thank you PatsCats

Old 03-23-2016, 04:59 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,848,265 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit? And did you purchase any of the related merchandise, if any was available? If so, what did you think of it once you got it home? YES..LOTS OF THOSE AROUND HERE..BOUGHT SORGUM. ..LYE SOAP AND APPLE BUTTER ALL HOMEMADE FROM FESTIVALS...LOVE IT ALL

Bonus Question(s):
I like to watch birds, my sister loves to see helicopters. What is something that excites you enough to move from a relaxed position to get up to see it? DEER ON OUR HILL...PRETTY CARDINALS...A SMALL PLANE FLYING OVERHEAD...

Just for Fun:
Polar Plunge (jumping into a cold lake)? NOOOOO
ride a zip line? NO
overnight in a haunted house? I WOULD
skydive? NO
cliff dive? NO

THANK YOU PAT! !!!

Old 03-23-2016, 05:07 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,266,341 times
yes

who's ringing my doorbell

polar bear swim

Old 03-23-2016, 05:08 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,331,434 times
Mornin' all!

I hope you are all doing well today and are ready for a bit of fun. Take a moment to relax and ponder the following.

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit? And did you purchase any of the related merchandise, if any was available? If so, what did you think of it once you got it home?

In grade school we went to a local place like an old town and churned butter and stuff with my school class and then our family went to Knots Berry Farms when it just opened.

Bonus Question(s):
I like to watch birds, my sister loves to see helicopters. What is something that excites you enough to move from a relaxed position to get up to see it?

I love sitting in the kitchen and watching the wildlife. I used to throw seed all over and the squirrels would wander down and the funniest thing was watching them chase the chipmunks off the scene...they did not like sharing with the chipmunks and would literally run them off.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:21 AM

27,505 posts, read 27,535,492 times
Maybe not bird watching but I like to watch planes and semis go by. Sometimes I'll look to see if I know the drivers, since I know a few long haul truckers. Or I'll look to see if its a lady trucker.

Old days festival or exhibit. Years ago we went to the Mideivel Times place in Calif. My kids loved the shows, I liked the food and we all toured the 'torture chamber' where they had old fashioned devices and exhibits on how they used to torture people in the old days. Yikes! Not to be political or anything but I think if some of those devices were used these days on criminals (child rapists, or any sexual predators, murderers, kidnappers, robbers), we probably wouldnt have as much crap going on now as we do....if they knew the concenqunces.

Thanks for the questions, have a wonderful day!

Old 03-23-2016, 07:40 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,782,498 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit? Yes. And did you purchase any of the related merchandise, if any was available? No. If so, what did you think of it once you got it home?

Bonus Question(s):
I like to watch birds, my sister loves to see helicopters. What is something that excites you enough to move from a relaxed position to get up to see it? Squirrels playing.

Just for Fun:
Polar Plunge (jumping into a cold lake)? Nope
ride a zip line? Have done
overnight in a haunted house? Maybe would do.
skydive? No way!
cliff dive? See answer above.

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1998 70th Academy Awards - Oscar Ceremony Billy Crystal hosts, Titanic wins eleven Oscars, including Best Picture, Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt win lead acting awards
Science/Technology: 1965 Gemini 3 launched, 1st U.S. 2-man space flight (Grissom and Young)
Sports: 2014 Kentucky beat undefeated Wichita State in the NCAA basketball tournament, ending Wichita's historic 35-0 record

Today’s Word:
quale
Meaning: noun: A quality or property as perceived by a person: a subjective experience.

Today is:
National Melba Toast Day
National Puppy Day
National Tamale Day
Near Miss Day
Ta'Anit Esther
OK Day
World Meteorological Day

Quote of the Day:

Have a good day everyone! [/quote]

I'll try.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:42 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,244,801 times
Big hot chicken wing breakfast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Hell, I'm gonna relax all day long! I did all my chores yesterday.

Today's Question(s):

I buy the fake, sugar-free crap that doesn't even have maple flavoring.

Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit? And did you purchase any of the related merchandise, if any was available? If so, what did you think of it once you got it home?

Yes. We have a place not far from here called, "Yesteryear Village" and everything...everything is very old time. Walk around and people are baking bread, cooking over campfires....all with really old stuff. Walk past the saloon and there's cowboys hanging out...so dang real. At the right time a gunfight will happen...old time music bands play...people shuck corn lol....and they make old fashioned ice cream, where mrs. rainroosty ate some and loved it. The blacksmith is always busy doing blacksmith stuff.

Bonus Question(s):
I like to watch birds, my sister loves to see helicopters. What is something that excites you enough to move from a relaxed position to get up to see it?

All kinds of food stands/vendors; snakes and wildlife; ladies.

Just for Fun:
Polar Plunge (jumping into a cold lake)? Nope...that's stupid.
ride a zip line? Maybe...no desire to but I'm not afraid to.
overnight in a haunted house? yes, that would be pretty neato!
skydive? Wanted to but not anymore.
cliff dive? That's just double...no, triple stupid!

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
quale

Today is:
National Melba Toast Day
National Puppy Day

OK Day
World Meteorological Day

Quote of the Day:

Have a good day everyone!
Thank you for the fun questions, Patty-cakes and kitty-cakes. Good things to you and all our friends, old and new....I wish there were more questions.......would you add a few more sometime soon for this poor ol' rooster?

Old 03-23-2016, 08:31 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,242,090 times
Today's Question(s):

No, although 2 and a half weeks ago while I was on vacation I witnessed a "ye olde" auction going on in the old part of Williamsburg. They were "auctioning" off merchandise that you could buy in the gift shops.

Bonus Question(s):
Seeing the mail truck go down the street when I think I might be getting a package.

Just for Fun:
ride a zip line?
skydive?
cliff dive?
Never done any of these.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:43 AM

3,995 posts, read 2,605,565 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit? And did you purchase any of the related merchandjse, if any was available? If so, what did you think of it once you got it he?One year I went Art in on the Square. I bought a blue hat but I felt silly in it and hardly wore it.

Bonus Question(s):
I like to watch birds, my sister loves to see helicopters. What is something that excites you enough to move from a relaxed position to get up to see it?A rain
storm, esp in summer.

Just for Fun:
ride a zip line?
skydive?
cliff dive?

None of the anove

At a water park, I did ride the Zero Gravity. You and 1 or 2 others would ride a large inner tube down a U (exactly like the U) huge slide (you walked up a million steps to put you 3 (at least) stories above the street). You, your inner tube and friends would push off, slide down the first side (the right side of the U), touch bottom and slide up the other side (the left side of the U)... then back down to the bottom a couple of times.

The funnny thing was (not when it happened!) we got to the top of the 2nd side, the left side, and it felt like you were gong over!! I was screaming stop, stop, stop each time we went back up. When we finally got off, all I could rem was the fear. What did I do? I rode it a 2nd time bec all I could remember was the fright! Crazy!

When I got home, in my living room, I found a spider- - thought yikes! Second thought- - it is ok, I rode the Zero Gravity! And I carried the spider in a glass to take outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics