Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2021, 02:21 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,426,318 times

Advertisements

Can't stay long but today I'm praying for my 79 year old sister in OK with a lot of health problem who is in the hospital today diagnosed with COVID even though she had taken the vaccine a few weeks ago.

Any prayers from my CD friends are greatly appreciated. She's kind of special to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 02:47 PM

126,416 posts, read 19,165,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Can't stay long but today I'm praying for my 79 year old sister in OK with a lot of health problem who is in the hospital today diagnosed with COVID even though she had taken the vaccine a few weeks ago.

Any prayers from my CD friends are greatly appreciated. She's kind of special to me.
HPR I am so sorry to read this.My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Old 01-20-2021, 03:04 PM

30,731 posts, read 16,371,868 times
Quote:

I wonder if that's false positive because of the vaccine.

Still, a few prayers never hurts.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
I wonder if that's false positive because of the vaccine.

Still, a few prayers never hurts.
This had also crossed my mind when I first received the phone call from my younger sister but I believe my oldest sister had only taken the first of two required inoculations of the vaccine.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers. Everyone stay safe out there.

Old 01-21-2021, 01:57 AM

21,637 posts, read 8,794,534 times
I'm so sorry to hear the news, HPR. Please keep us updated on her condition. It doesn't seem fair that some people get Covid even though they've tried to do all the right things. Sending best wishes for a full recovery to your very special sister.

Old 01-21-2021, 11:23 AM

24,584 posts, read 26,142,929 times
Healing thought for your sister HPR.

Old 01-21-2021, 11:49 AM

I had not wanted to start a COVID discussion here but I do want to sincerely thank all who have expressed a concern for my sister's health. I will now tell you that, according to other family members, my sister seems to be doing a lot better today and may even be released from the hospital very soon. Hopefully they'll be watching her very closely and trying to determine what happened if in fact she never had the virus, e.g., a mis-diagnosis, a vaccination effect, etc. However, if I learn more, I'll take that information to the applicable COVID discussion thread. It could be helpful to others.

But back to the topic at hand, I'm currently happily thinking I may have my sister back for a few more years.

Old 01-21-2021, 11:54 AM

126,416 posts, read 19,165,393 times
Quote:
I had not wanted to start a COVID discussion here but I do want to sincerely thank all who have expressed a concern for my sister's health. I will now tell you that, according to other family members, my sister seems to be doing a lot better today and may even be released from the hospital very soon. Hopefully they'll be watching her very closely and trying to determine what happened if in fact she never had the virus, e.g., a mis-diagnosis, a vaccination effect, etc. However, if I learn more, I'll take that information to the applicable COVID discussion thread. It could be helpful to others.

But back to the topic at hand, I'm currently happily thinking I may have my sister back for a few more years.
That is good news HPR

I am thinking to make some coffee and have a slice of Black Forest cake.The temptation is just too big....

Old 01-21-2021, 03:25 PM

30,731 posts, read 16,371,868 times
Quote:

Good to hear, HPH. Happy thoughts are always good and seem so few and far between these days.

Thinking now that I bought a new vacuum cleaner I ought to use it.

Old 01-22-2021, 05:48 AM

19,671 posts, read 9,628,419 times
Good to hear HPD!
Ok, PaHippo, what vacuum did you get? I’m still thinking about that Tervex even though it’s quite expensive. Sort of “saving up”.
Wonder if Alm has some leftover slices of the Black Forest cake to virtually pass around to us ?
Watched the news last night. Congrats to that major Power Ball winner. What a lucky dog!!!!! Maybe someday that could be me - but where to hide in order to REMAIN anonymous?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics