Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 08:33 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,199,805 times

Advertisements

11 days in Alaska at the end of June-beginning of July to visit my parents
2-3 weeks spent up north in my hometown right after coming back from Alaska for on the job training (I'm a telecommuter)
Traveling for my best friends wedding the first weekend in August
Skydiving in North Dakota the last weekend in August

That's all that's on the calendar at this point haha

Busy, busy, busy Love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 02:27 PM

142 posts, read 253,672 times
I'm going to OCMD this weekend, and VA Beach on June 30 for the 4th of July weekend. For my vacation on July 18-24 I plan on going to NYC and then visiting Newport RI. When I go on vacation again for Labor Day weekend, I plan on going to Myrtle Beach if possible. I've never been to Myrtle Beach, so I'm really excited to be visiting then. When I'm not on vacation this summer, I plan on going out to baseball games, and maybe even Busch Gardens if I can swing for it one weekend!

Old 06-15-2011, 08:22 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,113,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I dunno yet ... Still waiting for my summer work schedule to be finalized before I schedule any trips. Who knows, I may just stay local and just enjoy So. CaliFUNia attractions.
Well ... I decided to go ahead and plan a trip for my birthday weekend in order to take a bite outta the BIG APPLE!

Old 05-03-2012, 05:56 PM

142 posts, read 253,672 times
Default What Are Your Plans For The Summer Part II

Hello All,

I started this thread last year and got some great responses, so I thought I would carry on the thread for this coming Summer 2012. I'll start off by mentioning my summer plans:

I plan on taking about 5 days off for Memorial Day weekend to go to the beach, and then I have a 3 week break in Mid July-Early August where I am going to Dubai for the first time ever. Then I have another 10 day in Late August that carries into Labor Day Weekend.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:59 PM

207 posts, read 711,074 times
No big plans yet. But I'll be working 4 days (48 hours) a week only. So yey!! /claphands
My brother who lives in Auckland, NZ will visit me for the 4th of July.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:29 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,375,779 times
We don't do a lot during the actual summer; too many other folks out there at a lot of places. But there are a few plans on our calendar at this point, and a whole lot less stress to look forward to since I left the private-sector accounting job last fall. For a change, I'm actually looking forward to summer this year, and that hasn't happened for at least the past dozen years.

Memorial Day weekend, we'll probably attend the world's leading feminist science fiction convention. We've worked the convention as volunteers for the past six years, resigned from the committee after last year's event, and it'll be nice to be able to attend as just plain tourists this year.

From late June until early August, Wednesday evenings will be given over to Concerts on the Square. Just a few short hours at a time, but they represent a highlight of summertime for us every year.

Starting in late June and continuing well into October, we'll be attending exceptional live theatre at American Players' Theatre in Spring Green. Again, it's only a few hours at a time, but the performances are some of the best repertory theatre performances anywhere in the country. They're always a high point in our summer.

Over Labor Day weekend, we'll be attending the World Science Fiction Convention in downtown Chicago. We've attended WorldCon there before, and the committee knows how to put on a fine event. It'll be a lot of fun.

And then in early October, we have a "real" vacation: a week at a Bed & Breakfast up in Door County, Wisconsin. Pretty sedentary, at least for most folks under the age of 50, but we love it up there.

Nothing earth-shattering, nothing terribly expensive, but it'll all be fun. At least by our definition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics