Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:26 PM

782 posts, read 1,110,854 times

Advertisements

I won't be recognizing hurdles for awhile..after 2 near misses of being homeless (with animals BTW) and being unemployed for nearly 2 years Nothing is a hurdle right now. I live in a nice place with all my animals...and have a job. Everything is gravy right now and I am soooo grateful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 09:38 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,060,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I have this mega project that needs to be completed by noon tomorrow at work and I've ran into some complications! I'm sure it won't take the entire morning to complete this so I'm eagerly looking forward to having this darned thing DONE already!
Yippeee! Yay! I completed my project ahead of schedule and actually had some downtime to catch up on other matters. *phew!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Let me guess! There's a bullying co-worker that's hated by everybody at work, patience has been exhausted, and you drew numbers, as to who would be elected to get rid of her! And you're the lucky one!

Let's hope this person isn't severely overweight, as you may need help disposing of the body!
Hardy har har! No deary ... My project was an evil looking spreadsheet that desperately needed to be conquered and I became the victor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I'd say my biggest hurdle today is staying awake.
Yeah ... Same here ... Was yawning all throughout the day ...

Old 05-26-2011, 04:46 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,194,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
I won't be recognizing hurdles for awhile..after 2 near misses of being homeless (with animals BTW) and being unemployed for nearly 2 years Nothing is a hurdle right now. I live in a nice place with all my animals...and have a job. Everything is gravy right now and I am soooo grateful.
May you find yourself blessed this day and always

My hurdle today is when to decide to call it a day and stop working to head for home and a long holiday weekend

Old 05-26-2011, 07:24 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,746,806 times
I've got a couple of "catch-all" piles on entry tables that MUST be gone through...and it's always something that seems like such a pain, until you're done and say, "Oh fer cryin' out loud....that was NOTHIN'!" LOL Today I have to get my home-made sprouting trays finished. We're going back to sprouting more and I absolutely REFUSE to spend a fortune on something I can make myself....on the CHEAP!

Old 05-26-2011, 01:17 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,999,882 times
I struggled to get out of bed today.. and am now searching for today's hurdle.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:55 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,060,835 times
Writing this paper and preparing a presentation...

Old 05-26-2011, 05:14 PM

24,554 posts, read 26,114,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
My HUGE hurdle today was getting my 86-year-old aunt moved into her new apartment at a senior community. She's exhausted; I'm exhausted. But it's done! I'm ready for bed, and happy that my aunt is safe and sound in her new home.
This will be my June hurdle for June when I move June (my MIL) to a senior community.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:05 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,193,904 times
Mowing the lawn! UGH. By the time I'm finished with the whole darn thing, I'll have to start over and do it again! It's freaking HUGE!

Old 05-26-2011, 07:53 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,234,401 times
Retaining my sanity. It's the last day of school!

Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 PM

3,982 posts, read 2,585,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post

Yeah!! So happy for you. Gives me a bit of hope to hear of your accomplishments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics