Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:19 AM

4,055 posts, read 2,931,547 times

Advertisements

How great that you're helping the kids KwaK! It's another great day in the desert, with temps in the mid-80s projected.

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? My breakfast cereal.

What is your "superpower " !! ? Optimism.

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? Funnily enough, I gave up on Monday and took a bunch of "too small" clothes to Goodwill.

Gas mask; when was the last time you wish you had one ? Cleaning the litter box!

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ? Yum yes -- with roast beef.

Word of the Day:
triskaidekaphobia \tris-ky-dek-uh-FOH-bee-uh\ , noun:
1. Fear or a phobia concerning the number 13. Like on Friday the 13th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,360,801 times
Today's Question(s):
Not sure if you have seen it,but there is a TV show on the Science Channel called "How it's Made". It shows how everyday objects that people use are made.

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? Lipstick, contacts, how they get ink/gel into writing pens and lots more!

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? Able to tell when a teenager is lying or has something to hide all while cleaning, cooking, listening to music and leaping over large piles of laundry!!

Extra Credit Question:
Yesterday a few folks answered I have a few pairs of jeans I hope to fit back into, So it made me curious

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? Doesn't every woman?

Curious Minds Question:
In honor of "gas Mask Day"

When was the last time you wish you had one ? When I went into my son's room to get his stash of dirty towels. No need to worry.....he is certainly keeping "funk" alive!!

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ? Nope

Old 10-13-2010, 09:21 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,172,477 times
Good morning, Sweeties. Karla, you have such a fun job, and I appreciate you for bringing nature & science to our young children.

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? Kleenex

What is your "superpower " !! ? Lighting a kitchen match off the zipper on my jeans! LOl

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ?
Oh Yeah!

When was the last time you wish you had one ?
Probably last time I changed my G-son's poopie diaper.

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ?
Not to my knowledge

Have a glorious day everyone. Don't pass up a chance to be nice to a stranger!

Old 10-13-2010, 09:22 AM

24,696 posts, read 26,281,122 times
Today's Question(s):
Not sure if you have seen it,but there is a TV show on the Science Channel called "How it's Made". It shows how everyday objects that people use are made.

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ?
The many various types of software that is used to enrich (ha) our lives.

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ?
Nine, I'm just me.

Extra Credit Question:
Yesterday a few folks answered I have a few pairs of jeans I hope to fit back into, So it made me curious

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ?
Ah, no.

Curious Minds Question:

When i drove through dairy land. Them cows can put out some serious pheeewwwee.

Just for Fun:

Don't think so.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:21 AM

72,554 posts, read 18,264,448 times
Today's Question(s):

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ?

Those waterfalls that are in the glass with lots of fishes jumping up and down

Bonus Question:

I can " See you"

Extra Credit Question:

Yeah,my bikini! I still keep it hoping to look like that again

Curious Minds Question:

Never thought about it

Just for Fun:

Maybe

Old 10-13-2010, 11:21 AM

50,665 posts, read 64,788,723 times
Just for Fun: [/u]

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ?No, but I have two Yorkshire Terriers.

I hear they taste like chicken.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:38 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,082,092 times
Today's Question(s):

Microchips in tiny devices such as cell phones.

Bonus Question:

Belching I suppose....lol.

Extra Credit Question:

I have a couple of pairs of jeans that I can't wear anymore due to a slightly larger waist size.

Curious Minds Question:

My dog had a little gas one day...need I say more!...lol.

Just for Fun:

Nope.

Today in History:

1792 - The cornerstone of what was termed the President’s House was laid by George Washington in Washington, DC. The name, White House, was not officially adopted until 1902. The house, designed by James Hoban, would be three stories tall with more than 100 rooms.
1914 - Garrett Morgan invents and patents gas mask
1947 - "Kukla, Fran and Ollie" premieres
1963 - Phrase "Beatlemania" is coined after Beatles appear at Palladium

Word of the Day:

1. Fear or a phobia concerning the number 13.

Today is:
National Yorkshire Pudding Day
National Peanut Day
Squirrel Awareness Day-funny one!...lol.
Pet peeve Day
It's Train Your Brain Day
Gas Mask Day

Old 10-13-2010, 11:56 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,251,106 times
Today's Question(s):

Yep! Sounds like my kind of show!

Bonus Question:

I'm a wizard of mechanical ingenuity !!

Extra Credit Question:

Nope!

Curious Minds Question:

Last time I was cleaning little boxes!

Just for Fun:

Not to my knowledge!

Today in History:

1792 - The cornerstone of what was termed the President’s House was laid by George Washington in Washington, DC. The name, White House, was not officially adopted until 1902. The house, designed by James Hoban, would be three stories tall with more than 100 rooms.
1914 - Garrett Morgan invents and patents gas mask
1947 - "Kukla, Fran and Ollie" premieres
1963 - Phrase "Beatlemania" is coined after Beatles appear at Palladium

Word of the Day:

1. Fear or a phobia concerning the number 13.

Today is:
National Yorkshire Pudding Day
National Peanut Day
Squirrel Awareness Day
Pet peeve Day
It's Train Your Brain Day
Gas Mask Day

Old 10-13-2010, 01:13 PM

27,505 posts, read 27,535,492 times
My 'super power'? I do have a very sensitive nose and can smell something not of the ordinary quite often. Sometimes its a good thing, other times, not.
I dont do 'style' or Id be beyond broke all the time trying to keep up. Tank tops and jeans never go out.
Never had Yorkshire pudding and as mentioned yesterday, Im not a real big fan of trying new foods.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:34 PM

543 posts, read 592,519 times
Today's Question(s):

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? Traffic lights, street lights, neon signs

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? Fast walking speed (I wish I had the Vulcan nerve hold as a superpower)

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? Nope

Curious Minds Question:

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ? Not that I can recall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics