Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 08:10 AM

64 posts, read 225,872 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone. I'm ready to move out of the NJ cold and know that Florida is the place for me and my growing family. I'm already familiar with the Ft. Lauderdale & Miami area, but really don't know much about any of the other areas. Before making any decisions, we are taking trips to visit each of the main places (next week we are headed to JAX and St. Augustine), in the fall we'll head to the west coast, and then next year we'll check out the Orlando/Central region. But I'd LOVE to hear from all the experts on here. I love city-data and find all the feedback to be sooo helpful!

Here is what I'm looking for:
- 4 bedroom home in the 300k-400k range
- community with pool/fitness/community center would be nice, not necessary
- a nice family town (I have a 2 yr old and another on the way)
- good shopping with maybe an organic supermarket nearby
- a cool downtown area - shopping, restaurants - within 15 min
- culture & arts (within 45-60 min driving dist. to the nearest city)

I'd love any input. I'm all ears!

THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 08:12 AM

I should add that my husband works from home and I am a fitness instructor making our relocation choice pretty flexible.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:19 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,232,382 times
Hard to walk away from St Augustine. What a beautiful place to live and raise a family. Low crime and very affordable.

Here's the deal though, you really have to choose an area that offers what you like to do during your free time. You've got this wide variety from coast to coast in Florida. Hunting, fishing, shopping, arts, theme parks, canoeing, boating, camping, antiques, partying.....and all those are represented in different parts of Florida. So, it is hard to say 'this area would be perfect for you' because it may not be.

I think you'll enjoy the search though....it's part of the fun of relocating.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Hard to walk away from St Augustine. What a beautiful place to live and raise a family. Low crime and very affordable.

Here's the deal though, you really have to choose an area that offers what you like to do during your free time. You've got this wide variety from coast to coast in Florida. Hunting, fishing, shopping, arts, theme parks, canoeing, boating, camping, antiques, partying.....and all those are represented in different parts of Florida. So, it is hard to say 'this area would be perfect for you' because it may not be.

I think you'll enjoy the search though....it's part of the fun of relocating.
Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm visitng St. Augustine next week and very excited to check it all out. And as you said, the whole research process of relocating is so fun! To travel and experience all the different places and envision where you'd like to be. So cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando