Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who thinks the Orlando forum should be shut down?
Me 5 17.86%
Not Me 23 82.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:58 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
i say everyone quits worrying about being so PC all the time. my 2 cents.
Well, you have a very strong argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I'm not opposed to dissenting opinions, but the SOS day after day...
This is exactly what I am saying.

Like the acronym too .

Old 10-24-2007, 01:00 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Why not just improve Orlando and the posts will automatically become positive! People need to know the attitude in Florida before they consider moving here. When I browse other state forums I appreciate honest discussion, negative or positive.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Why not just improve Orlando and the posts will automatically become positive! People need to know the attitude in Florida before they consider moving here. When I browse other state forums I appreciate honest discussion, negative or positive.
This is what I am saying I could care less about "positive". It's the way it's done. The Miami forum does this productively (now anyway).

Old 10-24-2007, 01:04 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,146,685 times
Doesn't need to be shut down. However a more aggressive policy on deleting posts involving race I would support 220%.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:17 PM

975 posts, read 3,731,074 times
Default the Miami forum

only improved after a certain poster was banned by the mods, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
I don't want it shut down because of the "haters". Heck, I'm not fond of Orlando myself. I'm just saying that the type of discussion here, in comparison to other state forums, really isn't good. Even the Miami forum tends to be more productive, amongst the "haters". The "haters" seem to give advice in a way that is relevant and reasonable on that forum.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:23 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
i dont see any complaints on the orlando forum that arent legit. these issues discussed are a part of living here in orlando. folks complain on here, and some ppl say things like, "yeah that happens everywhere though, not just in orlando," which is true, but things posted are usually right and a legitimate concern. crime, road rage, rude ppl, agressive behavior, sex offenders, etc... these are concerns and they are legit. my 2 cents.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
i dont see any complaints on the orlando forum that arent legit. these issues discussed are a part of living here in orlando. folks complain on here, and some ppl say things like, "yeah that happens everywhere though, not just in orlando," which is true, but things posted are usually right and a legitimate concern. crime, road rage, rude ppl, agressive behavior, sex offenders, etc... these are concerns and they are legit. my 2 cents.
These are certainly real issues. The thing is I see a lot more than this discussed, like, um, race being a "problem" rather than a simple factor. I.E someone asks for suburbs in Seminole County and the thread will turn into a whole mess about who Puerto Ricans are ruining Azalea Park. I mean I made up that example but many threads really get that bad.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:12 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Their views are opinion based and I am not a fan of just shutting down something or re-writing history just so everyone is satisfied... so I say keep it.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:30 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Who thinks the Orlando forum should be shut down? It looks like far more people come on here to go on racist rants and have political discussions than give moving advice. To me, it's truly a ruined forum. Anyone else think the Orlando forum should be over with? I mean, there really is a difference between giving reasons not to move here and basing entire threads on local politics and racial issues, basically as personal rants.
there is no reason to shut it down. people can read through the forum and utilize what is helpful to them. it is interesting to see how everybody feels about different issues and the last thing that we need is censorship of opinions.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:02 PM

169 posts, read 655,840 times
Perhaps we should ban all content based speech and rip up the 1st Amendment and ban freedom of expression, or submit anything said about Orlando through disney for their approval. For that matter let's get rid of the entire constitution. Maybe we should adopt a dictatorship with a head of state named Adolph or revert to communism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando