Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:23 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,101,365 times

Advertisements

What are the names of some of the nicest neighborhoods around San Clemente?

Is it a nice and safe town? Share some views. If you live there, do you like it?

I've been seeing some homes with ocean views in our price range and started thinking about it as a possibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 02:05 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,533 times
Talega is probably the nicest neighorhood in San Clemente. It is definitely pricey, but the homes are magnificent. Spanish style decor, and completely family friendly neighborhoods. Completely safe. And its only a few minutes drive to the beach and downtown. What area were you specifically looking at?

Old 07-06-2008, 02:35 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Do you want to live in a new neighborhood with an HOA and CC&Rs, or do you want a nice, established traditional neighborhood? San Clemente has both. And you'll pay for it, either way.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:46 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,101,365 times
Thanks guys,

Well I've seen some in "The Reserves" and "Marblehead". Those 2 come to mind right now.
I never really looked in San Clemente before but decided to expand the search and I've liked a lot that I have seen. HOA or not is fine.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:02 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Here's an established, well kept neighborhood with no HOA in the extreme North end of town. Built on a hill, so all levels have an ocean view. Houses on one side of the street only, as is common in terraced developments. Very quiet, which means not a lot of kids. Very low percentage of rentals, and the prices keep the riff-raff out.

It's the one in the center, bordered by Calle Abril, Calle Real, and Calle Bienvenido. It's called Harbor Estates, and was built in the early sixties.

EDIT: The reason for my familiarity: I grew up on Calle Mayo.
Attached Thumbnails
San Clemente????-untitled.jpg  

Old 07-11-2008, 10:33 AM

3 posts, read 18,208 times
The Riviera District is really nice... it has slow, winding streets with nice houses... Cyprus Cove is a gated community near the south end of San Clemente... the homes are all big tract houses, but you're close to the beach...

Talega is nice and has a wide range of options, but I think it is part of San Clemente in name only... it really doesn't have a beach-feel to it at all, as it is so far up the canyon...

Old 07-11-2008, 10:46 PM

99 posts, read 416,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArvindS View Post
The Riviera District is really nice... it has slow, winding streets with nice houses... Cyprus Cove is a gated community near the south end of San Clemente... the homes are all big tract houses, but you're close to the beach...

Talega is nice and has a wide range of options, but I think it is part of San Clemente in name only... it really doesn't have a beach-feel to it at all, as it is so far up the canyon...
Stick to the REAL San Clemente--92672. Do not move to Talega! If you want to be a part of this town, you need to stick to the areas west of El Camino Real, from Pico to Christianitos. This is the greatest town imaginable, but you have to embrace the beach areas. Talega might as well be Rancho Santa Margarita, no thanks.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:08 PM

99 posts, read 416,838 times
PS: I'm leaving my beloved San Clemente for Elko County, Nevada in about 16 days. I hate to leave this paradise, but I am relocating for a job opportunity, and I think it's all going to be okay. If you are planning to move to SC, you are making the right decision--PERIOD! This is the greatest place on earth. I will definitely miss this place.

Later, dudes...

Old 07-13-2008, 10:10 AM

64 posts, read 313,992 times
San Clemente is the best place in the world! I live in Texas now & get homesick every now & then. I miss the smell of the ocean & the fabulous Cane Asada burritos.MMMM! It can be pricey there, but soooo worth it!

Old 07-13-2008, 10:15 AM

2,498 posts, read 11,438,053 times
The Reserves and Marblehead are both nice neighborhoods. They are newer than homes west of interstate five and typical track homes found throughout Orange County, but located on hills with great views of the ocean. It isn't "beach house San Clemente" like the craftsman and spanish colonials and other unique homes on the ocean side of the freeway, but it is still nice. They are good family neighborhood also and offer the benefit of a newer home that is ocean close. It isn't like Talega which is way back in a canyon. San Clemente is a great community by the way. A nice pace of life, beautiful and less crowded beaches, a charming downtown, and great residents. It is my favorite beach city in the county so enjoy if you get to live there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County